Can two scooters get on the same boat?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to go from Hollywood Studios to the Swan and Dolphin by boat.

Will this work for two scooters? Do we have to get inside the boat with the scooters or can we stay on the outside landing in the back of the boat?

Piece of Cake! The Friendship Boats are easy to get scooters and wheechairs on and off of. DS uses a mnaul wheelchair and we inevitably board a boat at DHS or Epcot with 2-3 scooters and wheelchairs, in addition to lots of strollers. Proper boarding is through the back as there is an open area inside specifically for scooters and wheelchairs.

We own DVC at the Boardwalk, so we ride these boats very frequently. We have always found them far easier than the buses, since there's so much more room aboard.

Good luck!

Bete said:
I'm looking to go from Hollywood Studios to the Swan and Dolphin by boat.

Will this work for two scooters? Do we have to get inside the boat with the scooters or can we stay on the outside landing in the back of the boat?

YES, there is plenty of room for two scooters....probably more. But you will have to go to the inside rear of the boat, you won't be able to remain out on the back area. or at least we have never seen someone allowed to do that. The other small issue you may run into when boarding is many people seem to think this is a stroller parking area. They park their unfolded stollers there and then go sit elsewhere on the boat, then when a person who needs that area boards, they are left to deal with a bunch of strolllers that are really where they don't belong....some people are considerate enough to get up and take care of theirs, others are not! they act like it is stroller parking and the ECV is infringing on the stroller parking space! I've seen some really rude episodes on the boats. Luckily the worst one, the captain made the offenders get up and move to the other end of the boat for being so rude to the ECV family!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I definitely have seen ECVs on the "outside" at the back of the Friendship Boats on more than one occasion. Whether or not 2 would fit in that space might depend on how many other people are already in place sitting there.

Enjoy your vacation!

lanejudy said:
I definitely have seen ECVs on the "outside" at the back of the Friendship Boats on more than one occasion. Whether or not 2 would fit in that space might depend on how many other people are already in place sitting there.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hmmm.... maybe it depends on the Captain and it is up to him/her if they want to allow ECVs to remain out in the open on the back because we clearly heard the answer 'NO'.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter