Can we check in for BLT at the Contemporary?

kboo

DIS Veteran
We are picking up an ECV *and* a double stroller, so it would be nice not to have to make 2 stops.

And we are probably going to have to leave luggage. We should leave it at bell services at the Contemporary, right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Alternatively - better to drop bags at BLT first and then walk to Contemporary to pick up the stroller and scooter and then take the monorail to Grand Floridian?

really does not matter - you can check in at CR and leave your luggage - you just to remember where you left it when you call for bell services.

that say for me checking in at the BLT is generally a lot quicker and easier than the CR

Hi.
I am staying at BLT and will also be renting a scooter for my mom.
Are you saying when I order, they leave with Contemporary and not BLT?
If that is the case, I will check in at Contemporary. Does the ME stop at BLT, I thought it didn't anyway but now not sure (stayed there twice and cannot remember).
We are getting in at midnight and want the scooter there when we check in, not the following day so I want to be as organized as possible since it will be late.

Thank you.

You can not check in at BLT after 10PM, so you should have the scooter delivered at CR

Also you can not use the DME bag check after 10 PM, you do NOT want to use the yellow bag tags. You will need to pick them up and take them to the bus. The bus will carry them to the resort.

You can not check in at BLT after 10PM, so you should have the scooter delivered at CR

Also you can not use the DME bag check after 10 PM, you do NOT want to use the yellow bag tags. You will need to pick them up and take them to the bus. The bus will carry them to the resort.

Thank you very much. I wasn't aware of the 10 pm cut off for check in at BLT. We always arrive by 10 AM LOL so this is much different for us.
Thank you, too, about the bags. I never use DME for my bags and always take them on myself but thanks for the reminder!

Thank you very much. I wasn't aware of the 10 pm cut off for check in at BLT. We always arrive by 10 AM LOL so this is much different for us.
Thank you, too, about the bags. I never use DME for my bags and always take them on myself but thanks for the reminder!
The front desk at BLT & VGF are only open from 7 am to 10 pm daily. The front desk at the main building for both resorts operates 24/7.

So a little about our experience: stroller and scooter rentals and owners lockers are all at bell services at the Contemporary. DME drops off at both BLT and Contemporary. When we arrived on Tuesday AM, we were a little earlier than the early flights and pulled away from the bus stop at MCO shortly after 9AM. our bus stopped at Poly, GF (hotel only, but I have no idea if anyone on our bus was staying at VGF), Contemporary and BLT. We were the only ones left on the bus at BLT. We dropped our bags and then walked to the Contemporary to pick up the stroller and scooter, and from there went to the monorail for our brunch ADR at 1900 PF.

So a little about our experience: stroller and scooter rentals and owners lockers are all at bell services at the Contemporary. DME drops off at both BLT and Contemporary. When we arrived on Tuesday AM, we were a little earlier than the early flights and pulled away from the bus stop at MCO shortly after 9AM. our bus stopped at Poly, GF (hotel only, but I have no idea if anyone on our bus was staying at VGF), Contemporary and BLT. We were the only ones left on the bus at BLT. We dropped our bags and then walked to the Contemporary to pick up the stroller and scooter, and from there went to the monorail for our brunch ADR at 1900 PF.

Thank you for this information.

We changed our flights and now landing at 2 pm so will be checking into BLT.
We rented a scooter from Buena Vista Scooter and wondering if all scooters go to Contemporary and not BLT. Guess I should ask Buena Vista but dis probably knows best

Wasnt aware that ME stops at BLT. We have stayed there a number of times and I have no memory of ME stopping there lol

Thank you.

Thank you for this information.

We changed our flights and now landing at 2 pm so will be checking into BLT.
We rented a scooter from Buena Vista Scooter and wondering if all scooters go to Contemporary and not BLT. Guess I should ask Buena Vista but dis probably knows best

Wasnt aware that ME stops at BLT. We have stayed there a number of times and I have no memory of ME stopping there lol

Thank you.

Scooters and strollers are ALL at Contemporary, not BLT. We rented from Buena Vista as well. Pickup for Tragical Express can be at BLT or Contemporary; when we left, we checked some bags at the Contemporary and we could have easily just taken DME from there, but we went back to the room after breakfast and checking bags to do a final sweep and get our carry ons.

Scooters and strollers are ALL at Contemporary, not BLT. We rented from Buena Vista as well. Pickup for Tragical Express can be at BLT or Contemporary; when we left, we checked some bags at the Contemporary and we could have easily just taken DME from there, but we went back to the room after breakfast and checking bags to do a final sweep and get our carry ons.

Thank you very much for this information!
I guess when we get off ME, we will get off at the Contemporary since we need to get the scooter and I'm guessing we will get on
TE going home since we will need to drop off the scooter.

Where did you check in for BLT? Did you check in at Contemporary when you got the scooter, or did you do it once you walked over to BLT?

I am doing online check in so now thinking it doesn't matter, correct?

Right, if you do OLCI and it works (big IF, as it works about 50% of the time for us), you can go straight to the room. We took the ME to BLT and dropped our bags there, and checked in at the desk there, because MIL was with us and wanted to link a separate credit card to her MB (mine and DHs were already linked). Then we took our "park bag" and walked over to the Contemporary to get the stroller and scooter and head out onto the monorail for lunch. On departure, we scheduled breakfast at The Wave, dropped our checked bags off, ate breakfast, and went back to the room to use the bathrooms, take our carry ons, and get a final printout of our room charges from the desk at BLT.

ETA: DH dropped off the scooter for his mom the night before; she can walk pretty well for her age.

I have checked in for BLT at both the Contemporary and at BLT. If I don't have business at the Contemporary, I have found it easier and nicer to check in at BLT - there is almost never a line and it's quieter and more peaceful. I think the one time I checked in at the Contemporary was because we had a known issue - maybe MB wasn't working or we needed to do something with our tickets, I can't remember - and we were already at the Contemporary so I decided to deal with it there.

I am doing online check in so now thinking it doesn't matter, correct?

If you receive a room-ready text (or email or notification in MDE) then it doesn’t matter.

If you don’t (they aren’t an absolute of online checkin; I have *never* gotten one) then checkin at either place. There might be more to amuse family while possibly waiting in a line at Contemporary. But at BL it’s quieter and more pleasant imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter