Can we just go to the Coral Reef for dessert and coffee?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
I was wondering if it was ok to go to the Coral Reef just for dessert and coffee. We were thinking about stopping in there during our afternoon in Future World, but it would probably be around 3p.m. or so. We would already have eaten lunch and will be having dinner later. Has anybody done this? We really want to see it because it looks so cool in the pictures, and some of the desserts sound wonderful!

When we were there in June we went for lunch (I believe around 1 pm). The restaurant was not busy. I would say that over half of the tables were empty. So IMHO, they would welcome paying customer!

I was wondering if it was ok to go to the Coral Reef just for dessert and coffee.

Yes. In fact, I would recommend it over actually paying to eat a full meal there. :(

The desserts are great there. My daughter wanted to eat there during our last trip to WDW and it was a nice place to cool off and take a mid-day break. If you are a chocolate lover I recommend trying the chocolate wave - it is excellent.

Could someone describe the Chocolate wave? I am addicted to ANYTHING chocolate.

We're planning on doing this...do they still have Peanut Butter Pay Doh for the kids as a dessert choice? Can someone describe it.

Thanks!

Thanks everybody. We will be going for the very end of lunch, so it shouldn't be very busy at all and at least I won't feel like we are taking up tables needed by people ordering meals.

If you love chocolate, you will love the chocolate wave. It is a warm chocolate cake filled with a white chocolate and grand garnay (sp?) liquid. The concoction is drizzled with warm chocolate sauce.

I haven't tried the peanut butter play dough, but I remember seeing it. They had it shaped like Mickey Mouse with the play dough as his head and two vanilla wafers as his earns. There were all kinds of colorful confetti and pretzels drizzled around the plate. It was too cute!

If memory serves me correctly, Disney Magazine had the recipes for each of the desserts in one of their recent issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter