Can we just peek inside BOG for a min and not eat there?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
I’d like to see it and I know my kindergartener would like to see it but it’s not fitting in our schedule to eat there this trip.

Based on reviews and my own exerience a couple of weeks ago, the fact that people aren't allowed in except to dine is pretty much what keeps BOG as popular as it is. Don't get me wrong -the food isn't bad. But we went for lunch (just to see the place) which was like $40-$50 for 2 of us, IIRC. Can't imagine shelling out $$$ for breakfast or dinner. Maybe the new menu in July changes things.

Probably why they're going prix fixe.

Perhaps but we are going at 11 am during lunch. Are they doing a lunch pre-fixe? I thought it was a CS where it doesn't really matter how little or much you order? If its true TS we will order a meal. I better double check.

I’m trying to get a better adr for our trip. Right now it’s 2:05 and we’d prefer more lunch time, but if we can’t move it we might end up splitting a sandwich and some cupcakes.

Perhaps but we are going at 11 am during lunch. Are they doing a lunch pre-fixe? I thought it was a CS where it doesn't really matter how little or much you order? If its true TS we will order a meal. I better double check.

Breakfast and lunch are still QS, so you're okay with your plan.

Wait can we really do that?

Yes you can really do that. It's just like any other QS where you can order as much or as little as you like. The only difference is you need an ADR for this one.

It's still CS at lunch and breakfast for the moment, but I would not be surprised to see that change. It's the large groups only ordering cupcakes that's likely to drive the change. Not that you are wrong for doing it, it's completely allowed and within the rules. But I could see Disney wanting to up profit for this highly popular restaurant.

It is really beautiful inside..we did 2 meals and dined in the west wing and the rose garden. If anyone wants to see a few shots I'd be willing to upload. But of course it will not do it justice

It's still CS at lunch and breakfast for the moment, but I would not be surprised to see that change. It's the large groups only ordering cupcakes that's likely to drive the change. Not that you are wrong for doing it, it's completely allowed and within the rules. But I could see Disney wanting to up profit for this highly popular restaurant.

To me this falls in it isn't against the rules, but it really isn't the right thing to do. And why I agree it will become prix fix sometime in the not so distant future. Just my opinion.

Breakfast and lunch are still QS, so you're okay with your plan.

Yes you can really do that. It's just like any other QS where you can order as much or as little as you like. The only difference is you need an ADR for this one.

Ok good, thats what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

We are a party of two but I understand what you are saying. Disney always wants to up their profits and will take every opportunity to do so. That beast was born long before people started ordering a cupcake for lunch at a CS. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!