Can/will Member Services help me?!

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi again all,

I’ve got myself into a bit of a pickle, as I’ve been trying to book two reservations at once (my 7 month window and 11 month window for two separate vacations happened to arrive on the same dates!)

I have booked some of my nights at Aulani at the seven month window for August using some of my Animal Kingdom points, but I need to book one last night and I need to borrow from by Dec 2020 AKV points in order to do so.

However, I have also booked an 11 month stay in December at AKV & just realised that the system has automatically used the current Dec 2020 points - I tried to modify my booking to see if I could change it to borrow 2021 points, but it won’t let me.

Do you think MS will let me amend the points I’ve used for the AKV December booking to borrowed 2021 points, so that I can then free up the Dec 2020 points to borrow for my extra Aulani night?

Is what I’m saying even making any sense to you all? Will Member Services understand what I want to do when I ring them or have I just made a complicated situation even worse?! Lol!

Thank you for any thoughts x

Let me see if I understand...
You have an August 2020 reservation at Aulani, and a December 2020 reservation at AKV. You need to borrow December 2020 points to complete your August Aulani reservation, but all of your December 2020 points are already committed to the December 2020 AKV reservation?

You want to change the December 2020 reservation to borrowed 2021 points, freeing 2020 points to borrow and complete your Aulani reservation.

Member Services should be able to do that for you.

Let me see if I understand...
You have an August 2020 reservation at Aulani, and a December 2020 reservation at AKV. You need to borrow December 2020 points to complete your August Aulani reservation, but all of your December 2020 points are already committed to the December 2020 AKV reservation?

You want to change the December 2020 reservation to borrowed 2021 points, freeing 2020 points to borrow and complete your Aulani reservation.

Member Services should be able to do that for you.
That’s it exactly! Thank you - I was worried I made no sense at all! Thank you for the reassurance 👍

If you want to do it yourself, book a dummy reservation in December 2020 so that it forces you to borrow about he number of points you want from 2021

Once you have borrowed the points, then cancel the dummy reservation. Go in, modify your AKV reservation but don’t change a thing and by the time you get to the end and agree to book it again, it will take those borrowed points and free up the ones you need.

Then, you can book your Aulani night by borrowing those freed up Dec 2020 points

That is what MS would have to do to get you what you need.

If you want to do it yourself, book a dummy reservation in December 2020 so that it forces you to borrow about he number of points you want from 2021

Once you have borrowed the points, then cancel the dummy reservation. Go in, modify your AKV reservation but don’t change a thing and by the time you get to the end and agree to book it again, it will take those borrowed points and free up the ones you need.

Then, you can book your Aulani night by borrowing those freed up Dec 2020 points

Oh I didn’t think of that! Thank you so much, that’s a massive help xx

A little update - that worked perfectly! Thank you Sandisw! X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter