Can you avoid Hollywood Horror Nights?

mala55

Mouseketeer
We are not a family that likes haunted or horror type of stuff. My teen daughterand my young nephew gets terrified.

I just booked a few nights during the first weekend in October for my daughter’s birthday. She is so excited!!! Now I just realized that Hollywood Horror Nights takes place that weekend. I dint know if I should cancel and disappoint the family.

Are the parks set up to be scary during the day?

Do the parks close early? Will we miss out on anything because of the HHNs?

Any impact at City Walk resteraunts or st the onsite hotels?

Thank you.

Day guests won't see anything 'scary'. They cover up signs and some props during the day. You'll still see some of the larger props out (like cars or big set pieces) and objects that would be too hard to cover or move (like tons of jack-o-lanterns), but nothing that I think would scare anyone during the day. There are no scare actors in the day, either.

The Studios park does close early on HHN nights, but IOA stays open (keeping in mind that the 'winter' hours are shorter anyway). You shouldn't miss out on anything during HHN - unless they decide to take over the Animal Actors stage for a show or something. The houses are built in 'tents', sound stages, and unused queue space.

No impact to CW or the resorts - other than A. HHN is pretty popular, so the crowds may be larger and B. VooDoo Donuts will probably have an HHN-themed donut or two ;)

Thank you. That’s a relief. I think my husband and sister would love HHN and I’ll stay with the kiddos elsewhere. Thx again.

Why was my post moved here? I’m not inquiring about CA. I’m going to Orlando.

Your title is "Hollywood" Horror Nights. And in your post you do not mention Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights. It seems reasonable to conclude you are asking about the Halloween Horror Nights event in Universal Hollywood.

The title is listed as
Hollywood (Horror Nights) and assumed you were talking about the park in CA which has hhn therefore I moved it to the correct thread.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!