Can you buy more than 5 days?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
I bought 5 day park hoppers, but we'll have 6 full days at the resort and don't want to do any non-Disney things. Arrival day will be the resort day and shopping. I know some will feel that 5 days is already too many, but if we're spending money to go all the way to DLR, we'd like to have as many park days as possible. Is it possible to add a day at the ticket booth when we arrive? I know we can buy another one day ticket, but that will be way too expensive.

I bought 5 day park hoppers, but we'll have 6 full days at the resort and don't want to do any non-Disney things. Arrival day will be the resort day and shopping. I know some will feel that 5 days is already too many, but if we're spending money to go all the way to DLR, we'd like to have as many park days as possible. Is it possible to add a day at the ticket booth when we arrive? I know we can buy another one day ticket, but that will be way too expensive.

Unfortunately your only choices for more than 5 days are an additional ticket or an annual pass

Thanks for the replies. I find that quite strange. I could easily do a full week at the park, and that means more profit for them, not only in ticket sales, but also food, merchandise, etc. We are a lot closer to WDW, so it would be nice to be able to do more than 5 days when we head west, which is not very often.

I totally get it! When we went down for our first anniversary we ended up buying annual passes because we were there for 10 days (we did spend one at Universal though) we also ended up going back for my birthday 10 months later because.... we we had annual passes lol.

I was hoping they would extend tickets before Star Wars. We’ll see!
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. If they were ever going to extend, it would have been when they altered their entrance procedure to add photos to everyone's account. Fraud was supposedly the reason they wouldn't sell longer tickets and that should have substantially dealt with that issue. Once Star Wars opens, they're going to want to turn bodies over more than ever.

When confronted with the same dilema of needing 6 days, we figured out that we would be returning for our (then) yearly trip within 12 mos. So it made sense just to buy AP's. Of course, prices have increased sinece them but if you're coming back within a year, passes may be cheaper than any other strategy.

I would recommend using a day mid-week as a refresh day. We usually go a week but mid trip we take a day to swim and do meals at the hotels, like the character meal at Goofy's Kitchen. Possibly do something like the VR experience in Downtown Disney. I know you said your arrival day is your resort and shopping day, but I think there are enough good restaurants and experiences at the hotels and Downtown Disney to occupy a day that would be worth it and not make you feel like you were wasting a day.

I would recommend using a day mid-week as a refresh day. We usually go a week but mid trip we take a day to swim and do meals at the hotels, like the character meal at Goofy's Kitchen. Possibly do something like the VR experience in Downtown Disney. I know you said your arrival day is your resort and shopping day, but I think there are enough good restaurants and experiences at the hotels and Downtown Disney to occupy a day that would be worth it and not make you feel like you were wasting a day.

Yes, I agree!
I did 5 days last summer open to close and a break day would have really enhanced my whole experience!( way more than a 6th park day)
After day 3 I was pretty exhausted and more than ready for a break. So next time I plan for a non park day in the middle of the trip and to add some Disney feeling I am considering doing a character breakfast/dinner...
I also hardly found the time to do some shopping in downtown Disney, so I’ll do that on my break day as well and otherwise just relax and let the experience from the previous days sink in.

I have never understood the logic of Disney stopping/ending the Park hoppers at 5 days. It makes me mad that the folks that cheat have spoiled it for the rest of us. Jumping from a 5 day hopper to an annual pass is a huge jump. Especially for those of us who travel 1/2 way across the country to visit Disneyland. A mid week break is a good idea. Or visiting at Halloween season, and purchasing a Halloween ticket and not using one day of your parkhopper on the selected morning for your Halloween Party. I doubt Star Wars Land will change anything, except maybe another price hike.

Probably never. There was a reason why they got rid of them

....and that reason is played out in the photography at the gate....to stop criminal activity.........the Disney PC version is to make sure that you are not lured into purchasing false tickets and have your family vacation ruined. ...much like the PC version of Costco checking your receipt...to make sure you didn't pay to much for your shopping experience and not have enough food budget to return to Costco.

We are "in the park every day" kind of people. That's how we do WDW, and that's what we would prefer at DLR. Alas, I guess it is not meant to be! The last time we were there, we got bored on our non park day. We were not interested in shopping or doing other attractions in the area.

I have never understood the logic of Disney stopping/ending the Park hoppers at 5 days. It makes me mad that the folks that cheat have spoiled it for the rest of us. Jumping from a 5 day hopper to an annual pass is a huge jump. Especially for those of us who travel 1/2 way across the country to visit Disneyland. A mid week break is a good idea. Or visiting at Halloween season, and purchasing a Halloween ticket and not using one day of your parkhopper on the selected morning for your Halloween Party. I doubt Star Wars Land will change anything, except maybe another price hike.

I agree. We would never go twice in a year because it is too far, so when we go, we'd like to do more than 5 days, especially with SWGE opening.

Another option for 6 days is to buy two 3 day tickets. Pricy, but it does get you a second MM.

Yeah, too much $, and we are staying at Grand Californian so the MM doesn't matter. It will be painful on our non park day, looking out from the balcony, seeing DCA right under our noses. So close, yet so far away.

If you want a 6th Disney day, you should consider timing your trip so you are in So Cal on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Why? So you can go on Disney Imagineer Bob Gurr’s bus tour. He’s the tour guide and narrates and hosts the whole thing. I think he’s the last of the original Disneyland imagineers who is still alive. He’s an amazing guy. I really want to go on his tour before he dies.

Go to www.waltland.com for more info.

Last time I was at Disneyland on my non park day, I slept late. Shopped a bit at Downtown Disney, which I never do, and took in a movie. Having that day off, gave me the kick start I needed to attack the parks, full steam ahead for the remaining days on my ticket. If I ever get back again, I plan on using that strategy again. It was great spending time in Downtown Disney, because on prior trips, I never seem to get that way.

We are "in the park every day" kind of people. That's how we do WDW, and that's what we would prefer at DLR. Alas, I guess it is not meant to be! The last time we were there, we got bored on our non park day. We were not interested in shopping or doing other attractions in the area...
Yeah, too much $, and we are staying at Grand Californian so the MM doesn't matter. It will be painful on our non park day, looking out from the balcony, seeing DCA right under our noses. So close, yet so far away.

When are your dates? Is there any kind of unofficial event going on during your dates (e.g. Dapper Days) which offers discounted tickets? It is easy to participate in DD (e.g. just buy a ticket to the Expo to support the event!) and the discounts on hotel and tickets are a big help for the budget. If you'll be visiting in the fall, MHP tickets might give you the equivalent of an extra park day -- up to 8 hours in the parks per party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter