Can you buy WDW passes in Canada?

TJ_Canuck

Earning My Ears
I read a thread referring to AP's in Canada. I'm not sure what that is. Can you purchase park passes here in Canada and save on the taxes and possibly a preferred exchange rate as the other thread seems to be referring to?

If so, can you only buy them at Disney Stores or can you purchase them at CAA offices? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

If you are a CAA member you can buy the 5 and 7 day Hopper plus passes at your local CAA store. I know the 5 day plus pass is $254 USD including taxes.

I'm actually going to the Disney Store in Scarborough on Thursday to check out the prices of the passses there and will post what I find out that evening.

You can call Disney direct and they will send you passes, but you will pay sales tax. Also any travel agent can get you passes through many different sources such as Holiday House or World of Vacations.

We bought our 7 day hoppers (the regular ones, not the special cdn ones) at the Disney Store in Fairview Mall before our trip in April. We got the Disney Club discount and the price in Cdn funds came to around $900. I can't remember exactly how much it was for the 2 passes b/c of course we purchased other stuff as well. I have a niece that's into Pooh stuff and they had a sale so ...... Anyway we didn't have any trouble buying the passes and it was a really good exchange rate although I can't remember exactly what it was.

Annual passes can also be bought at the Disney Store. CLICK HERE for Nancy's detailed accounting of the different passes. :) Have fun!!

The Disney Store sells a 5 day park hopper plus ($380 adult, $302 child) and a 7 day park hopper plus ($471 adult, 380 child). I believe Disney club price for the 5 day is $361 adult and $288 child. I can't remember the DC price for 7 day.

:)

We paid $447 for 7 day PHP passes at the Disney store. Without the DC discount they would have been $471. Why does CAA do them in USA prices and Dis Store in set Canada prices??!!
By the way you get a free character breakfast with the 7 day pass if you buy thru CAA - but you don't get to use your DC membership for a discount so breaks even!

The Disney Store takes the US price of the passes, adds 6% FL sales tax and applies the exchange. Right now the passes are being exchanged at almost exactly 50%. The only time that the prices at TDS change are when WDW puts the price up or when there is a big change in the exchange rate and the rate seems to stay around the same percentage. TDS does all their transactions in CDN dollars.

Square One DS sells 5 and 7 DHP and has them in stock. They have to order the AP's and they say it takes about 3 weeks to get them. S

Are the 4 & 5 day park hopper passes available at the Disney stores too or is it just the 5&7 day plus passes?

Thanks!

The Winnipeg DS only has 5 and 7 day PHP.

You still have to pay tax at the canadian disney store, so that adds up. 15% on top of $471 is $541.65, so that's really what you will be paying.

I just bought our two 5 day plus passes today at the disney store at the Scarborough Town Centre and each pass was $379.67 including all taxes.

To st_claire if they charged you gst/pst go back to the store because there is no gst/pst on the passes.

If you break the price down based on todays exchange rate you are paying $236.99USD for a 5 day plus pass and that's including taxes, a better deal than CAA or buying it at WDW.

Just thought I would 2nd the statement on the gst/pst. There is definately no CDN taxes charged on passes at the Disney Store!

And, no, TDS does not sell 4 and 5 day passes... only 5 and 7 plus... and the annual passes. If you want a 4 or 5 day pass you can order them online or over the phone before you go down to avoid waiting in line at the parks. You can also get them at guest services if you're staying at a resort on Disney Property. I think even some of the non-Disney resorts sell some passes, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Thanks for that information. That's what I thought, but I asked at the store and the CM was quite insistant that there was indeed 15% tax. I asked her twice and she looked at me like I was crazy for thinking there wasn't any. But now I'll know for sure that there is none and ask someone else if told otherwise. Thanks again.

We have been going over to the Super Walmart Travel on 192 in Kissimmee to get our passes when we arrive. It works out to about a 5% discount. I usually get just the 5 DPH. I paid $218.00 USD flat rate (so I guess any taxes had already been included) per adult ticket on December 28, 2001.

There is definately no GST or PST on passes at the Canadian DS. If the clerk is trying to charge it GET THE MANAGER!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter