Can you do an ECV on the boats?

melissa37

Mouseketeer
On our upcoming trip my mother will be using an ECV for the first time. We really like to take the boat from MK to the Grand Floridian and I didn't know if they would be able to accomodate the ECV or if we're stuck with the monorail this trip. TIA!

As a general rule: Maybe.

The ferry boats on Seven Seas Lagoon, and the Friendships in Epcot or between Epcot and DHS definite yes.

Some of the boats between MK/CR/WL/FW yes, others no.

The smaller yachts on Seven Seas between MK/Poly/GF and some of the FW boats - No.

On our upcoming trip my mother will be using an ECV for the first time. We really like to take the boat from MK to the Grand Floridian and I didn't know if they would be able to accomodate the ECV or if we're stuck with the monorail this trip. TIA!

As of January of this year, no you cannot. The boat is too small so you would have to use the monorail.

You can get from MK to Wilderness Lodge using a boat. They use larger boats every other time. The ECV will fit on the larger boat. Because they run a small one, then a large one, you may have to wait for the larger boat. It is well worth the wait!

Thanks so much for the information. I had ridden one of the smaller yachts the last time I was there and I didn't think you could do an ECV, but I knew this was the place that would know for sure!

So the boats from Boarwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club to and from Epcot and DHS can always accommodate ECVs? Just checking. We'll be there in Oct and this is our first time staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Thanks for the clarification.

Kathy

So the boats from Boarwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club to and from Epcot and DHS can always accommodate ECVs? Just checking. We'll be there in Oct and this is our first time staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Thanks for the clarification.

Kathy

Yes, those are always Friendship boats and are wheelchair and scooter accessible.

Yes, those are always Friendship boats and are wheelchair and scooter accessible.

1) NOT ALWAYS.
2) Pontoon boats and friendship boats have metal ramps.
3) But, when the water level is too low, the ramps cannot adjust.
4) With such steep angles, ECVs are not permitted to board.
5) Based upon angles, wheelchairs may not be permitted to be rolled on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter