Can you get into Port before your PAT?

CBEB

We're ready to go again!
We have a PAT of 1:00pm, but I was hoping we could board the ship earlier. Does the PAT time mean we won't be allowed in the port building until 1p? Or can we get in to the waiting area, just might have to wait until 1p to board the ship?

The PAT is when you are expected at the port. There is not normally an issue with people with later PATs getting in earlier. If there is a crowding problem in the terminal when you arrive, you may be asked to wait outside until your PAT comes around.

Your boarding number, which is tied to your PAT, is what determines when you board. So you will get the same boarding number showing up at 11:00AM that you would if you got there at 1:00PM. Open boarding normally starts around 12:30 or so.

As PP suggests, maybe try to arrive around 12:30. You shouldn't have a problem getting into the terminal and you also won't have long to wait to board. If you arrive earlier, you won't board any earlier and will just have to hang around the terminal while everyone else with earlier PATs board before you.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have a port time for 1pm for next week out of NYC. I must have missed my online check in date. I usually get around 11am.

I was planning on getting to the port by noon, maybe a little earlier. I figured by the time we park, make our way to the terminal, stop at the bathroom, LOL ! etc.
It will be pretty close to 1pm.

We have a port time for 1pm for next week out of NYC. I must have missed my online check in date. I usually get around 11am.

I was planning on getting to the port by noon, maybe a little earlier. I figured by the time we park, make our way to the terminal, stop at the bathroom, LOL ! etc.
It will be pretty close to 1pm.

I haven't cruised out of NYC, so I'm not sure what the procedures are there. Boarding may not begin as early as the typical Port Canaveral boarding, since DCL doesn't own their own terminal in NYC. There are several threads floating about with info about the NYC terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

I haven't cruised out of NYC, so I'm not sure what the procedures are there. Boarding may not begin as early as the typical Port Canaveral boarding, since DCL doesn't own their own terminal in NYC. There are several threads floating about with info about the NYC terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks fo your response. I have cruised out of NYC and depending on Port traffic and can take awhile. So, I really think you should give yourself a little extra time fo NYC.

A later port arrival may be quicker than early. Well I will sure know the answer come next Wednesday.

Thanks fo your response. I have cruised out of NYC and depending on Port traffic and can take awhile. So, I really think you should give yourself a little extra time fo NYC.

A later port arrival may be quicker than early. Well I will sure know the answer come next Wednesday.

Our check in is 1pm also. I'm having car service pick us up at 11 am from NJ. Hoping that is good timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!