Can you help me??

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
A month or so I was cruising this forum and found some very useful and detailed info on the different categories of disabilities and how WDW handles each with a special pass. It also contained helpful hint on taking your special needs chldren. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't find it anywhere!

My son is ADHD and has been just diagnosed with a panic/anxiety disorder and OCD. He is only six. We will make our fourth visit to WDW in Jan'03 and I'd really like to better prepared than I was previously when I didn't know why he was acting as he was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think a GAC would help alot..[/B] [B There are many people here on this board that will be able to help you much more than I.[/B]
However, I did want to say God Love Ya, you have a lot to deal with, with the new dx'x and meds. I am sending some PD to help it all go well.
Joan

What you are looking for is info on the GAC. Guest Assistance Card. I'm not good at links and things but I know there is good info available on this board. The GAC will allow your DS to wait elsewhere than the regular line and when available to use the fastpass line. I hope being prepared will increase the magic this trip.

I know the link that you are talking about, but I don't have it on the computer I am at right now. I'll try to post it later on when I'm home.
For now, if you read the post titled something like "GAC at Universal", a little further down the page, you will find a bit more info about the Guest Assistance Card.

Thanks everyone for your help. Thank you for your kind words Joan, this is the first time I've "talked" about my sons condition outside of family and your warm wishes mean alot. Thanks

YES!!! Thats it. Thank you for posting the link. I bookmarked it this time.

Hi tmli just wanted to say hi and hope you are all having fun planning your vacation.

hi S&K's mom I'm having a great time planning. It seems every year I learn something different when I think back to how much I didn't know our first trip. We wasted so much time and money, now with the help of this board our next vacation will be the best yet. I've gotten some great tips on making my son much more comfortable then he has been before and his new meds seem to be working well. This year we are taking some of my family as a xmas present. Will be good for me to have extra hands as my son and I usually travel alone. My hubby Hates to travel.

I so agree about wasting money before I found the boards. I love planning the trip almost as much as going. I'm prepping my PDD son by telling him how awesome the pool area is at GF. He's so excited about swimming in the pool. We are just going to take it one day at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter