Can you "just watch" at DC?

anne930

DIS Veteran
Our family of 6 is going to WDW/Sea World in September. Had planned to spend 5 days at WDW and 1 day at Sea World, with 2 of us having a "surprise" dolphin swim. Would like to watch the guys swim but don't want to pay admission for the other 4 just to watch? Is this feasible or should we just skip Sea World and all of us spend the day at Discovery Cove with the rest of us paying the non-swim rate?

When I read your message, it makes it seem like you want to split your day at DC and SWF.
DC takes an entire day to do. You get there first thing in the morning, get your snorkle gear, swim in the lagoons, do your dolphin swim, have lunch, see the birds, and relax. People start to leave at about 3pm. Some have thought of doing DC then visiting SWF afterwards the same day. It can be done but you'll be tired, better to go back to your room, rest, then go out for dinner and another park if it's open late.
Going to DC gives you 7 free days at SWF. I would say to visit DC even if 4 of you are not doing the dolphin swim.
If it we're me, I'd visit Disney the first day, DC on the 2nd. Then another Disney park each morning with the option to visit SWF in the afternoon as a break from the crowds. Don't forget the Shamu Rocks American show at night, it's awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter