Can you keep and park your Disney ECV if you go to your resort and come back later?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know we will need a nap each day. We plan on sticking to the same park most days. Because it can be hard to come back and get a Disney rental a second time, can you just keep your ECV and park it somewhere out of the way til you get back? Why do you need to return them and re-rent if you are in the same parK?

Bete said:
I know we will need a nap each day. We plan on sticking to the same park most days. Because it can be hard to come back and get a Disney rental a second time, can you just keep your ECV and park it somewhere out of the way til you get back? Why do you need to return them and re-rent if you are in the same parK?

Last trip, the CM at the Wheelchair rental at Epcot's International Gateway allowed my MIL to do exactly that. The CM took the ECV back as we left, and promised to set it to one side until we returned that evening. I don't know if that was official policy, or if the CM was just being kind to us. It was September, the parks were not crowded, and there were many ECVs unused.

Andrew

My Father-in-Law used an ECV and they kept a "hold" sticker on the one he returned with a time he said he was coming back.

Not sure if it's even a possibility, but my FIL really really needed an ECV for the whole trip, not just in the parks. If i'd thought of it sooner, i'd have suggested he rent one off-site where they bring it to your vacation home or hotel. He's actually going to now buy one and set it up on his SUV hitch because he needed it so much down there.

I'd think it would easier to rent a scooter from an offsite location. Then you have the scooter the whole time. Don't have to worry about one being available or not. Plus, you can use it around the resort, and to and from the buses.

Connie

I think whether or not they will hold it for you depends in how busy the park is and how many ecvs they still have left to rent out. If it's not busy and they have lots left, they are more likely to hold it. People have posted in the past that they were told the ecv could not be held. Even if you were told it could be, there is always a chance that a mistake could be made and it would not be waiting when you get back.
If you just left it parked somewhere (and took the key with you so no one could move it), you are still responsible for it and any damage that might occur, for example, if it gets rained on. Also, if it's just sitting somewhere for many hours, the CMs might conclude it has been abandoned and push it away.
If having one is really important to you, you might want to consider renting from off-site.

Personally I would rent an ECV from an off site supplier rather than rely on a Disney ECV & their availability. I have had very good service from Walker Mobility over the last few years.

Can I resurrect this thread and ask whether anyone has had any recent experience with having a CM hold an ECV rental while they went back to the resort to rest?

TIA:flower3:

We were recently told that if you rent the ECV, it is yours for the day. The CM's will put it in the back room with you name on it and charge it while you go back to your resort. They did this for my mother. They said the only way they would put it back out is if we weren't returning to the same park on the same day, but then we could take her receipt to any other park and rent one at no cost, if they had one available, if not she would be able to get a WC.

Suzanne princess:

We were recently told that if you rent the ECV, it is yours for the day. The CM's will put it in the back room with you name on it and charge it while you go back to your resort. They did this for my mother. They said the only way they would put it back out is if we weren't returning to the same park on the same day, but then we could take her receipt to any other park and rent one at no cost, if they had one available, if not she would be able to get a WC.

Suzanne princess:

Thanks, Suzanne! :flower3:
I'm so happy to hear that was your experience. :goodvibes I'm going next month and will be sure to ask the CM to hold it if I go back to the resort. :thumbsup2

We think my mom may need an ECV for part of the day, so my question becomes this, could we rent an ECV in the morning, have them put it in the back as though we are going to the resort then get it, to make sure that there is one available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter