Can You Pick Your "Pirate's Advenute of the Seven Seas?"

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I have watched YouTube videos of this interactive game, and know my 7 year old DGS would love it. The "Heads You Lose" one looks like the one my DGS would really adore. Can you pick? Not sure we will have enough time to do very many-I know you are "assigned" by the cast member pirate, but wondered if we asked super nicely if we might be pixie dusted?

I don't know if they have the ability. I think they can reset it though so maybe your son could keep tapping in and them reset it until he gets it. I'm not sure I would say that one is really better then the others though. We did all of them in May and they all have their charms.

The cast member can set up whichever one you want to do. You get FP for POC for every second one you finish so it saves time in the long run. We completed all five in prob 1.5 hrs.

One thing to note - the maps for each quest have more locations on it than you will visit and other than the ending location, it’s not always the same journey. So the “Heads You Lose” on the video may be different than what you experience.

You normally don’t select your mission as the game is setup to try to prevent you from being on the same mission as someone who started right before you so you aren’t just following someone around and standing in a line for each location.

My kids love this and it’s by far their favorite thing in the Magic Kingdom

One thing to note - the maps for each quest have more locations on it than you will visit and other than the ending location, it’s not always the same journey. So the “Heads You Lose” on the video may be different than what you experience.

I wondered about the additional locations and asked about it. Mainly to see if it was worth doing again next year. The CM told me that it was always the same. But we also got a (different) CM who told us we couldn't get PotC FPs after our 4th map because they don't give them out after every 2 missions. So possibly just a knowledge gap.

Where could I find out about this, it seems fun. My 9 year old son would probably love it.
I read about it on the Disney World sight, these boards, and The Unofficial Guide. I then watched YouTube videos of the different games. It doesn't seem to take as long as Agent P's adventures, a similar game in Epcot. It really seems great for kids about 5-10. I believe they have about five different scavenger hunt style games, where the props all do something animated when your child uses the card they give them in this game.

I read about it on the Disney World sight, these boards, and The Unofficial Guide. I then watched YouTube videos of the different games. It doesn't seem to take as long as Agent P's adventures, a similar game in Epcot. It really seems great for kids about 5-10. I believe they have about five different scavenger hunt style games, where the props all do something animated when your child uses the card they give them in this game.

Is it done inside the parks? Is there a fee?

Where could I find out about this, it seems fun. My 9 year old son would probably love it.

Official site is here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/

Basically, you check in at a little hut. You either activate the check in with your magic band or they will give you a separate card, and you will get a map. The check in kiosk will tell you the first location to go to on the map, which will have a unique symbol. Once you get to that symbol, you will place your magic band or card on the symbol and something will happen - usually a seemingly boring prop will come to life and will direct you to the next symbol to go to on the map.

Each mission takes about 20 min and there are 5 you can do in total. You get a card to celebrate each mission completed and a card when you complete the fifth mission (And the interactive prop is very neat for this too). Once you are done with each mission, you head back to the hut to pick up a new mission if you wish, and get the card.

The maps and cards are a very nice (and free) souvenir. Be prepared to walk back and forth throughout Adventureland repeatedly. You can also take a break during the missions or between them.

My kids LOVE this and it’s fun for adults to do too.

Is it done inside the parks? Is there a fee?

Inside the parks, specifically Adventureland. The check in location is at the edge of Adventureland right before splash mountain.

It’s free! And it’s so much fun. There’s hardly ever a line to check in too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter