Can You Pre-Pay Gratuities Online?

southerngirl528

Dreamin' of Maui
Okay, it's not my first rodeo, but I have never thought of paying my cruise gratuities before my cruise. I have seen lots of folks talk about pre-paying, but if that is possible online, I am NOT finding it. My cruise is PIF.

And #2, since this is about gratuities, we will be sailing concierge for the first time (surprise for the DH!). I am seeing rec's all over the place in re: tips for the onboard Concierge team. Help anyone??

Thanks in advance! I learn so much from ya'll! :flower3:

No. You have to call

Thanks! That's what I assumed since I could find no place to do it online. :cutie: Some of the comments on the forums led me to believe it might be able to be done online. Thank you! I just left a message for the shoreside concierge team to please call me tomorrow to pay the tips and order in-room goodies. :thanks:

Thanks! That's what I assumed since I could find no place to do it online. :cutie: Some of the comments on the forums led me to believe it might be able to be done online. Thank you! I just left a message for the shoreside concierge team to please call me tomorrow to pay the tips and order in-room goodies. :thanks:
Disney is way behind when it comes to doing anything online. It's a good day when the website and app are working.

Yes- just give them a call. I did yesterday for our upcoming cruise. Very easy. As for concierge tips you will find every amount mentioned on these boards. My best advice and what we did on our concierge cruise was based on our room level, number of days and how much we used their services. We were a family of 4, in a V category, on a four day cruise that was pretty self sufficient, so we did leave a nice tip, but not over the top. We based our amount on what we would tip a stateroom host per day for our cabin(so total amount for the cabin times the number of days of our cruise)-give or take. We also tipped the bartender as we had drinks each night in the lounge and the food server in there because he was just awesome. You are going to love concierge! Enjoy your cruise!

Yes- just give them a call. I did yesterday for our upcoming cruise. Very easy. As for concierge tips you will find every amount mentioned on these boards. My best advice and what we did on our concierge cruise was based on our room level, number of days and how much we used their services. We were a family of 4, in a V category, on a four day cruise that was pretty self sufficient, so we did leave a nice tip, but not over the top. We based our amount on what we would tip a stateroom host per day for our cabin(so total amount for the cabin times the number of days of our cruise)-give or take. We also tipped the bartender as we had drinks each night in the lounge and the food server in there because he was just awesome. You are going to love concierge! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks SO much for the sage advice and for the very kind comments!!! I am SO excited! Thanks again! :flower3:

is there a reason to pre-pay gratuity? I hear it asked or mentioned often enough to wonder why you just dont have it applied to the on-board account?

is there a reason to pre-pay gratuity? I hear it asked or mentioned often enough to wonder why you just dont have it applied to the on-board account?

I think for a lot of us, it's just one more expense not to worry about while we enjoy our cruise. :cutie: We tend to rack up a pretty good bill while sailing as it is! :scared: :D

And some of us even apply Disney gift cards to our account ahead of time too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter