Can you punch a hole in your KTTW Card?

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
Looking into the lanyard thing. Wondering if I got one of the lanyards with a hook thing on the end, could I punch a hole in my daughter's card and hook it on there? Obviously, I wouldn't punch thru a magnetic stripe or whatever. DH and I would need a pouch type of thing so that we could also carry our picture ID's as I wouldn't hole punch my driver's license. I am planning to look into the fishing license holder at Walmart that somebody mentioned.

Also planning to look into the key chain (carabiner or something?) that someone mentioned for the mug. But, I was thinking, the key chain only works it you are wearing something with a belt loop and if DD is in her bathing suit she wouldn't have anywhere to hook it.

Details, details,....Who has been successful in solving the "how to tote all your stuff around" dilema?

Thanks for your input!

On our first cruise we punched holes in all of our KTTW cards. Of course then we didn't need to take our drivers license anywhere so we all wore our cards on lanyards. It worked out great.

Did we just that for DS 8 and DD 6 - we brought along a hole punch and as soon as they got their cards we punched a hole in the corner and they could easily wear the lanyard around their necks. I used the beach type box on a string (does that make sense??) because, as you said, I needed to bring my photo ID as well. I was also able to stick some money in that when we went on a shore excursion and to shop in town. We had two of the mugs between us and made sure to bring a Sharpie marker to write our name and cabin number on them. It wasn't too much hassle to carry the mug around. When we had it on the ship we were usually sitting by the pool or going to a show. At Castaway Cay I had a bag with other stuff in it so I just shoved them in there.

You'd want to punch the hole on the corner opposite the magnetic stripe and opposite Mickey's head. Obviously you don't want to damage the magnetic strip, but if you stay away from Mickey's head, you wouldn't even need to remove the card from the lanyard to open your stateroom door. As we told my DS4, "Mickey goes in first".

We are the ones that used the fishing liscense holders. They have a clasp so they can be pinned on your clothes but we took that off. They have holes already punched where the pin clasp is so I put them on the lanyard 'key rings'.

I did take the pin clasp with us and put it back on when we went on the excursion in St Martin. I just pinned it to my bathing suit. It worked great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter