Can you read Music

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
nope, I anit got a clue, but if I hear it, I could tell you if what you wrote is any good

Yes. My piano teacher taught me well.
Mine too. But my knuckles still cringe at the sight of a wooden ruler. she was a nun who was about 115 years old though, so maybe she was really aiming for the keys instead.

Mine too. But my knuckles still cringe at the sight of a wooden ruler. she was a nun who was about 115 years old though, so maybe she was really aiming for the keys instead.

Oh that's sad! My piano teacher was the older sister of my sister's friend. When she got married and quit teaching, my sister's friend took the students. They were both very nice. No wooden rulers, just fun recitals where their mom would make the best food. The students and audience were always anxious for the recital to end so we could hit the snack table!

Yes, although my memory of the bass clef is very rusty. I was a percussionist but tried out violin, flute, piano, and clarinet before finding drums.

No I’m very untalented when it comes to reading music, playing an instrument & my voice so I’ve been told is nothing to write home about

I can read music and even transpose from treble to bass in a sight reading situation. I can't put up curtains without needing stitches though; so I wish I had more practical skills.

Yes. I played the accordion from ages 10-17. :goodvibes I haven’t played in a LONG, LONG time, but I can still read music.

I can read music and even transpose from treble to bass in a sight reading situation. I can't put up curtains without needing stitches though; so I wish I had more practical skills.

I'm trying to understand what you mean by transposing during sight reading. While sight reading, you simply need to be able to read which notes to play. Playing, for example, a lower octave, doesn't really mean transposing.

ETA, I do know that transposing to a different key is sometimes necessary during sight reading. But, anyone that familiar with music wouldn't call that transposing between treble and bass clefs, so I'm just not understanding what you are referring to.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand what you mean by transposing during sight reading. While sight reading, you simply need to be able to read which notes to play. Playing, for example, a lower octave, doesn't really mean transposing.

ETA, I do know that transposing to a different key is sometimes necessary during sight reading. But, anyone that familiar with music wouldn't call that transposing between treble and bass clefs, so I'm just not understanding what you are referring to.

LOL! so hard with lol right now...

Middle of the night post...I don't even remember writing it and I'm not myself sure what I was trying to say, or why I was thinking of curtains for that matter. My DH said I got up for a bit, went downstairs, came back up and told him I didn't like the dog using the guest towels in the bathroom down there, turned on my laptop and was up for a good bit. I feel like I slept through the night. Been a while since I did any weird sleep stuff. No, I don't take sleep aids.

I should probably go check my phone too. Sometimes I sleep text...it's like drunk texting but without the fun, or the hangovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts