Can you request a specific dinner rotation?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
We are sailing the 8 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy next year.

Is there a preferred rotation, and why would you pick that?

I know some folks are SO savvy about all these details. Specifically, I don't want to end up at Animators Palette on formal night.

Is this all just luck?

We are sailing the 8 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy next year.

Is there a preferred rotation, and why would you pick that?

I know some folks are SO savvy about all these details. Specifically, I don't want to end up at Animators Palette on formal night.

Is this all just luck?
Yes, you can request a specific rotation. Some people do. You don't really gain much by doing so, however. Everyone onboard will be assigned to all 3 dining rooms twice and one of them a third time. The menus will be the same, regardless of your rotation. We've never requested a specific rotation.

But, you can make a simple request "Do not put in Animator's Palatte for formal night". Then DCL can work with that.

Question: Why not Animator's on formal night?

You can request it but it's not guaranteed.

We did request a specific rotation for the last cruise (7night Fantasy) and got it; I made my decision based on which menus I preferred and our Palo dinner.

We're not requesting this time (4 night Dream)

You can request, but it's only a request.

For the Dream Class, I usually request the rotation that puts me in Animator's on Pirate Night.

You could request Royal Court/Palace (they are interchangeable, so I get them mixed up) on Formal Night...but that's one of the more popular requests I think. I think it's better to have a positive request than a "Not" request (all due respect to @PrincessShmoo) because it's very easy for the "not" to be overlooked in the busy-ness of trying to get everyone slated in a rotation and seated at tables.

This is one of those things that pops up sometimes that as a first time cruiser I was a bit panicky about, and same thing, I thought I wouldn't want to be in a particular restaurant for formal night. I didn't end up making a request (I did call DCL to find out what the possible rotations were). I can honestly say for myself that it made no difference at all, I think we might have been in Enchanted Garden for formal night but I really can't even remember.

We usually request the rotation that ends in AP on Wonder/Magic, so we have the drawing show on the last night. We feel it’s a great way to end the cruise. I agree that it makes little difference outside of that.

You can call the castaway line and they have certain preset rotations that you can request (not guaranteed). We usually request AP on our Palo/Remy night :D

This is one of those things that pops up sometimes that as a first time cruiser I was a bit panicky about, and same thing, I thought I wouldn't want to be in a particular restaurant for formal night. I didn't end up making a request (I did call DCL to find out what the possible rotations were). I can honestly say for myself that it made no difference at all, I think we might have been in Enchanted Garden for formal night but I really can't even remember.
I agree. We've been in pretty much all the different dining rooms (all 4 ships) for formal nights and/or pirate nights. And it really made no difference which one it was.

We usually request the rotation that ends in AP on Wonder/Magic, so we have the drawing show on the last night. We feel it’s a great way to end the cruise. I agree that it makes little difference outside of that.
Is the drawing show only on the longer sailing or 4 days too?

Only on cruises longer than 5 nights. It needs to be long enough for everyone onboard to be assigned to each dining room twice.

:mad: I didn't realize that, never having taken a shorter cruise in the past. :mad: I expect my (adult) son who (still) likes to draw to join me on a five night cruise in February. :mad: He would have thought the animation was really cool. :mad:At least I know ahead of time not to expect it.

Thank you, PrincessShmoo, for all of your helpful posts. For what we pay for Disney cruises it's nice to have as much info ahead of time as possible.

My TA said this to me last year when I asked:
"Disney Cruise Line no longer takes specific requests for dining rotations as they have in the past."
Is she mistaken?

My TA said this to me last year when I asked:
"Disney Cruise Line no longer takes specific requests for dining rotations as they have in the past."
Is she mistaken?
Yes.

You can request one of the specific (already set up) rotations. The request will be placed on your reservations. BUT, it's only a request.

Or you can make a less specific request, for example, you can request "Animator's Palatte on Pirate night". Or "Triton's for formal night". Or "Enchanted Garden on night 3". Then DCL will work it out which rotation(s) work with that request.

Yes, I did two weeks ago. To be honest, though, you can't specify one you want. They'll offer you some canned rotations an you can pick. If, for example, you want Animator's Palate on night two, you can choose from rotations that have AP on night 2

You can request but we never have. I have to admit that I simply don't understand what's better about one rotation than another. I couldn't even tell you what restaurant I've been in for formal night ever. I've probably been in all of them for it. I don't particularly care about my surroundings when it's formal night; it doesn't feel any differently to me if the restaurant is less formal (whatever that means) than another. I'm usually focused on my food and my companions so the surroundings fade.

You can request but we never have. I have to admit that I simply don't understand what's better about one rotation than another. I couldn't even tell you what restaurant I've been in for formal night ever. I've probably been in all of them for it. I don't particularly care about my surroundings when it's formal night; it doesn't feel any differently to me if the restaurant is less formal (whatever that means) than another. I'm usually focused on my food and my companions so the surroundings fade.

we've never actually put in a dining rotation request. However, if we did, and considering we typically do 7-nt cruises, we would want Animator's Palette on the first night (and then it should also be AP on the last night). we have gotten that rotation a few times anyway and like that the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!