Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Le Cellier (lunch, I know that was a dumb choice to begin with). Food was ok but over the top expensive for what it is, nothing great about the theming, it's just like any other steakhouse you have at home and not as nice.

Crystal Palace (dinner)- not good food, one notch up from denny's for $200+. Only consolation was the great seat by the window with an awesome view of the castle at night.

Food was ok but over the top expensive for what it is
I really think this is the main issue with Disney dining. It is rarely that the food is actually bad. It's just that it isn't worth anywhere near what they are charging for it. We find we eat more and more of our meals offsite. We arrange our days accordingly. Breakfast in our condo. Spend a few hours in the park in the morning. Take a break mid-day and have lunch offsite. Relax or do offsite stuff for a couple of hours and then have dinner offsite before heading back into a park for the rest of the evening.

We were so disappointed in Le Cellier. We had looked forward to it for the longest time, but the restaurant just felt over crowded and the steaks weren't any better than what we can find at home. The soup was an amazing as we expected, but overall, it just didn't live up to the hype.

Crystal Palace. The characters were amazing and we loved the experience, but the food was not a hit at all with us.

Le Cellier. The steak wasn't great (overcooked) and the service was the worst that I had at Disney World.

Even my hostess at Hollywood and Vine was more attentive.

Via Napoli. I'm not sure who's fault this was, but my 6yo sons meal arrived more than 30 (!!!) minutes before the rest of the table (he had pizza and the rest of us had something different). At first we tried to get him to wait but it was taking so long we had to let him go ahead. That alone kind of ruined the entire meal because while he was eating we had to entertain our 3 year old who kept saying she was "really hungry" (because she was) and when we eventually did get our food we felt rushed since the 6 year old was long finished and bored.

If the food had been amazing maybe it would have been worth the wait but it was just o.k.

That said we probably would go back (we did like both dessert and appetizers and wouldn't mind the wait if it was the same for all of us) but would 100% be ordering a pizza to split between us.

It can be more then one place. It also be can a cs or ts. I am looking forward to hearing some of the answers.

For me hands it was San Angel Inn. I love Mexican food. Let me start off saying that. In all my trips I had never eaten in any of the Mexican restaurant's at Disney. So I was excited to say the least. The food well was probe the worst or the nastiest food I ever ate in my life. It was dry, nasty and I couldn't even finish my meal. On top of that, the server was a creep. He rushed me threw out the whole meal. I'll never ate there again. Honorable mention goes to Flame tree BBQ. Nasty dry chicken and freakin birds all around me.
Flying Fish. We went to the 'old' Flying Fish many times in years gone by and went again 3 years ago and all of the charm was gone. They turned it into an overpriced restaurant. I loved the decor but it just was wasn't what I was expecting I guess. Oh well. that is one of the surprises of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!