Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

BOG lunch. We'd had dinner there and enjoyed it so thought we would do lunch. DH says never again for lunch. He says he didn't like the crazy atmosphere during lunch.
O'hana. DH didn't like the flavor of the meats. I liked the food but I think our server was rushing us and just trying to get us out as fast as possible.

Ohana - Served us raw chicken and not so happy servers when I politely ask them to remove it from our table. I use to love them.
Their servers are off in their own world. I alerted the staff three times about allergens (four if you count on the reservation itself), and specifically asked them not to server the seafood to our table, yet they kept dangling the shrimp directly over our plates. I could not enjoy the meal as I had to remain on high alert throughout it to ward off the skewers headed our way. Their attitude was unbelievable, for as polite as I tried to be I was treated as though I was the problem.

I was so looking forward to this dinner too. Oh well, for the number of hits we've had dining all over WDW, there has to be a few misses.
Breakfast is fine, but I will never return for dinner.

Last edited:
Honestly... Ohana. It was extremely overhyped IMO but my fiance loved it. Guess that show how wide of a range people can have two different experiences at the same time. I thought the steak & chicken were overcooked & bland. I enjoyed the shrimp & startes but not enough to justify the price.

My fiance drags me back every other year so I make him pay for it because its a no go for me

Yachtsman's Steakhouse!

This eatery gets great reviews. We love steak and eat it quite often. I was so excited to take my DH and kids there for a Father's day meal.

We had a horrible CM, such bad service. The restaurant was not busy as we were eating at 6PM. Our server had 3 tables, seated at different times. He was extremely non-attentive; hard to get water, bread our apps.

3 of our steaks came out cooked wrongly. Medium rare, well done, rare steaks, all cooked burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.

Maybe it was bad luck; bad server and bad chef day. The Boardwalk Concierge did take care of us, refunding the two dinning credits for all 4 of us.

We took those credits and ate at LeCellier, total contrast. It was wonderful!
This hurts... Yachtsman is my favorite. I will say we go every trip - and of the last 8 times to Yachtsman, 1 was not great. Had that 1 time been my first experience I would not have gone back. But since I had other positivie experiences, I definitely think its worth a second chance.

Last edited:
Garden Grill - historically was a go-to on every trip. Sadly, last two trips I noticed a marked letdown, the last visit being the final straw. Food quality lower, beef fatty, and/or just blah. Now demoted from go-to list -

Via Napoli. I heard over and over how great the pizza is. Even though it is insanely expensive, we went there a couple of years ago. The pizza was AWFUL. It was wet and soggy. It either had to be eaten with a knife and fork or you had to hold the plate up to your mouth and bite it that way. You couldn't actually pick up the slices. The toppings rolled right off as soon as you picked it up. Lousy all around. At that price, it ought to be the best pizza I've ever had.
I will say that our server was excellent and the drinks were good, but the pizza was a zero.

I can't say it was a huge letdown but dinner at Be Our Guest was underwhelming. We were in the music box room which felt more like a school cafeteria. That room totally lacks the charm and theming of the other rooms. Service was mediocre. Food was okay but nothing special and certainly not worth the price. I'm very glad we went and got to see the place but I wouldn't do it again.

California Grill.... yup, I said it. DH sushi was outstanding. Aside from that, the strawberry salad look liked they just threw a bunch of stuff randomly in the plate, server tried to up sell me a glass of wine because my wine of choice was "too light." DH and I each had the filet. Unless you prefer your steak smothered in a sweet sauce..... The filet was stringy, tough and difficult to cut. Unheard of for a filet offered at an upscale restaurant. Server was downright rude.

Very disappointing.

server tried to up sell me a glass of wine because my wine of choice was "too light."
Seriously? That should never happen. If I ask for a recommendation, sure, but if I say "bring me xyz" then that's what you should bring me, no questions asked.

BOG dinner on the second time we went (sat in the non themed "portrait" room). Brown Derby: the food was mediocre, the service was bad, and my friends who came with us were upset at having to use two credits for dinner there. Coral Reef: this restaurant lives off of the fact that you can look at fish while you dine...the food is not good. San Angel Inn, beautiful place to sit, but the food was blah.

BOG--ate it for lunch, meh, it was ok. We did enjoy walking around and looking. DD asked for it for dinner (remembering that lunch was a let down but willing to try again on a different meal) on her senior trip, so I booked it. When the plates were set before us, all 4 of us said "where's the rest of it?" and we ordered an appetizer and some of us got soup. It was an expensive meal and as we got up to leave I proclaimed to our group we'd finish dinner elsewhere. I don't think we'll ever be back, but if we do, it will be for the cheaper lunch options

Chef Mickey's. Food was horrible, server was even worse.

Morimoto. Have eaten at several of his other locations many times and love them all. The food here though just isn't up to par. The toro tartar isn't like the other locations, so beware! Ramen isn't anything special (noodles over-cooked, broth fatty and tasteless). Ribs are ok, but are really sweet so much so that my sugar loving daughter couldn't stomach them. This is our second trip and will be our last. On a side note, service was really good, but there is a roaming photographer selling photos. I thought this trend died 20 years ago?!

Via Napoli. It was the one I stalked for last year's trip, and it ended up being a total letdown. Soggy pizza, just nothing impressive.

MP at Epcot France. My partner and I had very high expectations, but the ambiance was nothing special and the food was subpar. Add in an expensive price tag and it made for a big disappointment

I was excited for Ale and Compass but was disappointed last week. The redone atmosphere at the Yacht Club was nice but the food was mediocre at best.

California Grill.... yup, I said it. DH sushi was outstanding. Aside from that, the strawberry salad look liked they just threw a bunch of stuff randomly in the plate, server tried to up sell me a glass of wine because my wine of choice was "too light." DH and I each had the filet. Unless you prefer your steak smothered in a sweet sauce..... The filet was stringy, tough and difficult to cut. Unheard of for a filet offered at an upscale restaurant. Server was downright rude.

Very disappointing.
Ya, I had the same experience at Cali Grill THREE TIMES!!!!!! Trust me, im never going back. And just so you know all three times I had a different dish. One meal was a salad...he spoke soooo highly of it. It was horrid. There was a tiny speckle of cheese in the salad (i assumed there would be more, but literally it was a tiny tiny speckle. Like a pepper flake). The salad dressing was so bland. It was literally just leaves. And to boot, i got a huge chunk of the veiny part of the lettuce. It was literally just leaves. Awful. The other meal was the filet with "potato puree". Wow, the potatoes were so bland, it was as if they literally mashed the potatoes without any seasoning at all. I highly doubt i'll ever go back. Shame, because before the refurb this was my fave place. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter