Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Ohana (our trip in August - simply was not as good as previous visits) and Beaches & Cream (our burgers tasted like old meat or something).

Garden Grove’s seafood buffet. Better than Cape May Cafe but still pretty disappointing from what is described. Although we didn’t go for the characters, it wasn’t crowded; so we got lots of one on one time (almost to the point of wearing out their welcome) with Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, so that was a nice surprise. The food was still pretty lousy. The desserts were the best part.

Last edited:
Planet Hollywood - DH love Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and wanted to try some of Guy's dishes. Truly awful food and the dining room was dangerously loud. i felt sorry for the employees and several people were discussing the noise, chaotic lights, and simultaneous screens flashing.

Mama Melrose - we did the Fantastic Dinner package and the food was blah. Olive Garden was better.

Ohana's BREAKFAST -
Love the dinner, but breakfast is very bland to us. Tried it 3 times now and all 3 times were the same.

Beaches & Cream -
People rave about the burgers, but we just don't feel the love. Otherwise, we love the setting and think it's a fun place to have a snack.

Caseys -
People raved about it, so we tried it. Got 4 different meals and all 4 were pretty bad (to us).

1. Le Cellier
2. Le Cellier
3. Give you one guess. . .

The filet was just OK, with the mushroom risotto easily being the star of that show. The tables are also crammed together and though they were pleasant, you'd expect a serving staff of actual professionals at a "signature" restaurant and for those prices. Poutine was pretty good.

Last edited:

We had a great meal at Ohana! Server was very accommodating as my husband likes well-done steak.

We liked BOG breakfast a lot. Early morning reservation and it didn’t get crowded until we were leaving. We did not pre-order (I have no idea what I feel like eating until I’m ready to eat :-)) but the kiosk attendant was very helpful and service was fast and food tasty.

I agree with the previous comments about salty food in WDW. My daughter had a steak at Mama Melrose that was so salty she couldn’t eat it. It was our only disappointment all week. The server Karen was amazing though!

I've never really been served anything I'd really consider "inedible" at WDW...I either have low standards or incredible luck :laughing:

I'm sad to hear all the poor reports on Via Napoli...we haven't eaten there in years but the carciofi pizza used to be one of our favorite meals in the parks, it was always delicious!

My own least favorite meals have been...

Spirit of Aloha: bland food, boring show, waste of time and money for me but my family loved it
Narcoosee's: seafood is always my go-to protein to order in restaurants so I didn't anticipate any issues here, but I was just really underwhelmed and the service was awful
buffets: I can't stand 'em, but DH loves them so we've tried most of them at Disney. None of them have been a nightmare, they're just all super low quality food served en masse and don't appeal to me. DH has always been happy though!

Also, the first time I had Kona Cafe breakfast, I ordered tonga toast and knew I'd made a bad choice, it was soooo sweet and very dry. But we gave it another try and the next time I got the macadamia pancakes...muuuuch better! same thing happened at Yak & Yeti...first time we went, poor service, overly salty mall food court type grub...gave it another try, great service and much better menu choices, we've since been back 6+ times since :thumbsup2

BOG Dinner- a group of 4 of us went on Wednesday night (11/21)... the food wasn't bad (actually, the Filet Mignon was surprisingly excellent!), but the service and experience was not good at all. They sat us in the "music box" room, which is essentially a fancy cafeteria. The servers at BOG "auctioned off" our plates and drinks, meaning a random server would come to the table and announce, "I have a Coke Zero here- who ordered this? Who gets the iced tea?" followed by "I have a French Onion soup here for someone at this table.... etc." Refills on drinks and the clearing of empty plates took a long time. One of the servers plopped down a lobster bisque in front of me, which I didn't order, and his response was "but you're Seat #1, and according to this order, Seat #1 ordered the lobster bisque." [sigh]

I'm not sure if we just over-hyped the experience in our heads, but we are in no rush to go back there! :(
Agree. Never going back there again.

Planet Hollywood - DH love Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and wanted to try some of Guy's dishes. Truly awful food and the dining room was dangerously loud. i felt sorry for the employees and several people were discussing the noise, chaotic lights, and simultaneous screens flashing.

Mama Melrose - we did the Fantastic Dinner package and the food was blah. Olive Garden was better.
Agree on both counts except that I can't stand Olive Garden either.

Crystal palace. The tables are way to close to each other and we could not meet all the characters in the over an hour we were there. We kinda just gave up and went on our day.

Be Our Guest dinner, prior to the prix fixe menu change. I don't have high hopes for the prix fixe menu either.

Our big letdown was 50’s Prime Time. I was looking forward to it so much and it was a total disappointment.

The “antics” were pretty non-existent. Our waitress was mildly sarcastic at times and that was about it. And I didn’t see any action at any of the other tables either. We probably won’t go back. The food was ok but not good enough for a return visit without the fun.

On the other hand, I came very close to canceling Sci Fi because I didn’t think we would like it and we ended up loving it. Will definitely go back.

I guess it just goes to show you never really know if you’ll like a place or not till you try it.

Beaches and Cream. I wasn't impressed with the food or the ice cream.

Everything else has always been about what I expected it to be. Not great or amazing, but nicer Disney food. Maybe I have lowered my expectations over time, but with the foodie explosion in all the major cities in recent years and a move towards better quality food served, I haven't been "wowed" by any Disney meals in long time. Luckily, I go for the experience and the atmosphere!

with the foodie explosion in all the major cities in recent years and a move towards better quality food served, I haven't been "wowed" by any Disney meals in long time
This is so true. It's part of why we almost never do TS meals at Disney. We have far better and cheaper restaurants at home.

I'm gonna be in the minority here, but for me it was breakfast at Boma. Although nothing was horrible, nothing blew me away, nor left the impression as this is the "best breakfast" on property. There was one huge single file line wrapped around the restaurant which moved ridiculously slow. I found it wasteful to have to wait in line for 15 minutes just to grab a donut or some extra bacon. For me personally, sliced meats, roasted vegetables and stewed tomatoes are not my thing in the morning, so for those who enjoy that, they may feel differently. The goat cheese eggs were gross and I thought the omelettes, pancakes, waffles and bacon were standard and no different than any other place. If I were stay at AKL again, I would try it again, however I would not travel and go out of my way for it.

I agree with the previous comments about salty food in WDW. My daughter had a steak at Mama Melrose that was so salty she couldn’t eat it. It was our only disappointment all week. The server Karen was amazing though!

I’m pretty sure it was Karen who was our server at Mama Melrose last June. I agree, she is fantastic! The food was mediocre, but she made our meal wonderful — one of the bast memories of our trip. *warm fuzzies*

1. Le Cellier
2. Le Cellier
3. Give you one guess. . .

The filet was just OK, with the mushroom risotto easily being the star of that show. The tables are also crammed together and though they were pleasant, you'd expect a serving staff of actual professionals at a "signature" restaurant and for those prices. Poutine was pretty good.

Thats my trouble with Disney Signatures. The wait staff are not highly skilled professionals. They do not have Sommeliers fully knowledgeable of their wine list (which isn't signature quality as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter