Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

BOG Lunch. Overpriced, overhyped, no different than all the other fast food walk ups except they DELIVER your food SLOWLY to your table. They only deliver the food-everything else you have to get yourself. Bad concept. I expected sit down service not McDonalds. Food was just OK - not worth the price or the overblown coveted reservation.

Bongos for me. I will admit the first time I ate there it seemed really great but I was starving so that maybe why, The second and last time was awful. Food as blah, restaurant was dirty and for the love of God turn some lights on so middle aged people can see the menu ;)!

BOG Lunch. Overpriced, overhyped, no different than all the other fast food walk ups except they DELIVER your food SLOWLY to your table. They only deliver the food-everything else you have to get yourself. Bad concept. I expected sit down service not McDonalds. Food was just OK - not worth the price or the overblown coveted reservation.
couldn't agree more. They are very overrated and people still go there. I had turkey sandwich last time and bun was toasted for some reason and was hard like a rock while turkey was dry. Nasty food.

For me there’s only 3. I have been disappointed with many eating places at WDW, but these are the only 3 I had been looking forward to trying.

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club
Garden Grove at the Swan
Coral Reef at Epcot

For us it has been Ohana, very bland dinner food for the price. Whispering Canyon - same. And Yachtsman's Steak House for the worst steak ever, fatty and over cooked. Many others that just didn't live up to the hype, especially for the price. I'm looking at you Chefs de France, Flying Fish, Chef Mickeys and Raglan Road. We used to love Le Cellier but feeling like I'm sharing my chair with the person at the next table is not my idea of a relaxing atmosphere thanks.

Now Victoria and Albert's was probably one of the best meals of my life and worth every hard earned penny spent. Everyone should get to try this one at least once.

I am not going to say BOG was a horrible dining experience, but the hype of the place is was made it a let down for me. There have been so many other Disney places such as The Plaza which don't get the hype that in my opinion was a better meal. Sure The Plaza don't have the atmosphere, but when I go to eat my biggest thing is the food.

Why did you expect sit down service at a quick service location?

Jiko, our server was not very nice at all! It was also our Anniversary. I could not believe it, we never had a Disney server like her. When I asked if she could please take our picture, so sort of huffed, but did take it. The food was also a let down. It wasn't horrible, but we have had much better filets in many other places.

Why did you expect sit down service at a quick service location?
Our mistake-the "reservation" was misleading. Didn’t realize BOG Breakfast and Lunch is HALF Quick Service and Dinner is sit down. For lunch you type in your own order at a kiosk just like McDonalds, hope to find a table even though you have a reservation (for what?) collect your own utensils etc, then they deliver food only-weird-really SLOW service. Learned the hard way -it was the WORST overhyped, overpriced help myself half quick service/food in the MK. For "quick service" Food in Gaston’s Tavern, without a resie, was far superior, cheaper, faster and exactly what I expected from a quick service dining experience.

Last edited:
Our mistake-the "reservation" was misleading. Didn’t realize BOG Breakfast and Lunch is HALF Quick Service and Dinner is sit down. For lunch you type in your own order at a kiosk just like McDonalds, hope to find a table even though you have a reservation (for what?) collect your own utensils etc, then they deliver food only-weird-really SLOW service. Learned the hard way -it was the WORST overhyped, overpriced help myself half quick service/food in the MK. For "quick service" Food in Gaston’s Tavern, without a resie, was far superior, cheaper, faster and exactly what I expected from a quick service dining experience.

It's not half quick service, it's full on quick service at breakfast and lunch. The ADRs are purely due to high demand.

Cinderella's Royal Table.. I understand the experience part of it but I do not agree it justifies the price tag and mediocre food offerings.

BOG as already discussed by others. We ate lunch there, neither the food nor the atmosphere was anything special and just didn't find it appealing. Not sure why it seems so popular.

Sci Fi Drive in. The only good thig I have to say about that place is that the horrible food temporarliy distracted me from the fact that I was eating while looking at the back of my family's heads. The movie clips were lame, but not the good lame.

Agree about Sci Fi drive in. We ate there since the place next door (can't recall the name) was closed for refurbishment and there weren't any other good choices in that part of the park. If you aren't at least 50 yrs old, NONE of the movie clips would mean anything to you. You mostly have to explain to anyone younger the context of the movie clip. There are some regular tables around the perimeter so you don't have to sit in those cars facing the back of others in your party. Seemed to us like a restaurant way past its prime and in need of a makeover.

That's actually a fairly common mistake. If you read the tripadvisor reviews, just about every negative one mentions being surprised that lunch or breakfast was not table service. One started out with a "warning" that even though you have a reservation, the meals are not table service. Some people just make stuff up - one reviewer said she was promised that Belle and the Beast would visit every table at breakfast and left a one-star review because that didn't happen. Another said she expected Belle, the Beast, Mrs. Potts, Chip and the rest of the cast to make an appearance. Still another thought that Belle and the Beast would do the dance from the movie. I'm not sure where they are getting this information (other than their own imaginations) because Disney sure isn't making these representations. I think people assume from the need for reservations, the popularity and the price that they will be getting much more of an experience than what is actually provided.

The people who post here know a lot about Disney, tend to do a great deal of research, and have a hard time believing there are others who don't or who just misunderstand some of the experiences.

If you aren't at least 50 yrs old, NONE of the movie clips would mean anything to you.
You know, this is actually a great point. The same could really be said about 50's Prime Time. Both depend largely on nostalgia. That made sense in 1989. Thirty years later, do those concepts still work? A high percentage of guests today aren't old enough to have nostalgia about those things. Their nostalgia is about things from the 80s and 90s, not the 50s and 60s.

CRT- I want the food to be good and the experience magical, but it always seems just meh. The last trip there the food was slightly better. My youngest daughter is still a baby, but when she’s four or five we’ll go back. I still think everyone should eat in the castle at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!