Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

If you aren't at least 50 yrs old, NONE of the movie clips would mean anything to you.
I don't agree with that. I'm no where near 50 and I like watching all the clips. I've never seen or know what any of them are about, but it's still fun to watch. The concept of the place is really cool although the food is mediocre and could be improved. I would not want to eat there if I wasn't in the car though, that's the whole uniqueness of the restaurant.

We had planned an anniversary dinner at Flying Fish. The food was yuck, and then DH got food poisoning! It was awful.

Hands down Cinderella’s Royal Table. It’s one of those “must do once” restaurants but it honestly was a little awkward rather than magical. Definitely meant for the kids, which kind of stinks considering it’s in such a prime location it should be for all ages. Food was decent and our server was just mediocre. Cute for little kids but not fun for everyone and the atmosphere wasn’t as cool as I thought it would be. But still the castle I guess!

This is only my experience -please dont be offended
Il Mulino - My risotto was not good -Husbands pasta okay
The worst would be a tie between 2 kinds of food you cant go wrong with ---USUALLY
apparently they might have tried
San Angel Inn - small portion -coldish and not tasty -trifecta of yuck
Tony's -Terrible food ,attitude waitress --Hello it's Italian restaurant that had no bread ???

This is only my experience -please dont be offended
Il Mulino - My risotto was not good -Husbands pasta okay
The worst would be a tie between 2 kinds of food you cant go wrong with ---USUALLY
apparently they might have tried
San Angel Inn - small portion -coldish and not tasty -trifecta of yuck
Tony's -Terrible food ,attitude waitress --Hello it's Italian restaurant that had no bread ???
Like I said when I started this thread way back on October, San angel inn is the worst place I ever ate at on wdw property

BOG Lunch. Overpriced, overhyped, no different than all the other fast food walk ups except they DELIVER your food SLOWLY to your table. They only deliver the food-everything else you have to get yourself. Bad concept. I expected sit down service not McDonalds. Food was just OK - not worth the price or the overblown coveted reservation.

Agreed. This one used to be our must-do at MK. No more. The quality has really suffered. Unless we're with the entire extended family (some who insist on continuing to eat there, we eat elsewhere.

Hands down Cinderella’s Royal Table. It’s one of those “must do once” restaurants but it honestly was a little awkward rather than magical. Definitely meant for the kids, which kind of stinks considering it’s in such a prime location it should be for all ages. Food was decent and our server was just mediocre. Cute for little kids but not fun for everyone and the atmosphere wasn’t as cool as I thought it would be. But still the castle I guess!

When we got married back in 2000, CRT was only a character breakfast. Lunch and dinner were just regular meals, not a prix fixe menu either. We really enjoyed it! Major Domo's Pie...yum! We want to bring our kids (three boys) because I want them to experience being in the castle, but I hate to pay so much extra for characters they don't care about! I wish they would have kept at least one meal character-free.

We had planned an anniversary dinner at Flying Fish. The food was yuck, and then DH got food poisoning! It was awful.
I got food poisoning last summer from dining at FF too. About halfway through my entree I realized that my fish was incredibly undercooked (as in raw center). The server offered to replace it, but my appetite was lost. To my surprise it remained on my bill. And then just a few hours later, I was violently ill. Never again will I dine there.

Last time I was at WDW was the first time I'd gone with my boyfriend. He LOVES pizza, so I figured we'd make our first ADR for Via Napoli. There seems to be a lot of love for this restaurant but the pizza we had was just so meh. Firstly, it was a bit light on the toppings (I admit, I like quite a lot of cheese) but worst was that the middle was just sloppy, soggy dough. I should have said something but I'm English (not good at complaining :( )...

On the other hand, Dominos, which I always order on my first night, is the food of the gods. Maybe this is an English thing too, or more likely, just a me thing - Dominos in the UK is like plastic on cardboard and super expensive. Dominos in the US I've always found to be cheap and delicious, and the cheesy bread.....oh, I dream about the cheesy bread... :love:

I should note, we weren't expecting Dominos type pizza at VN, we like Italian style pizza, just not the one we had.

Ohana dinner...insane and disgusting amount of food. Felt rushed through the whole thing as well.

We stayed at the Poly a couple of weeks ago and ordered the meal through room service to give it a try. Our past experience in the restaurant several years ago was very disappointing but thought we would give it another try. We ordered 1 adult meal. They gave us so much food that the 3 of us ate and still had leftovers. But it was really good. Everything was fresh and the meats were cooked perfectly and were delicious.

We stayed at the Poly a couple of weeks ago and ordered the meal through room service to give it a try. Our past experience in the restaurant several years ago was very disappointing but thought we would give it another try. We ordered 1 adult meal. They gave us so much food that the 3 of us ate and still had leftovers. But it was really good. Everything was fresh and the meats were cooked perfectly and were delicious.

And...this is only an option for those who are staying at that resort and has nothing to do with the answer to the OPs question. BUT that is great info you shared for those staying at Poly for sure!

Never eaten there and have no desire. Just haven't heard to many good things about it. Yachtsman or shulas are better options for signature restaurant.

Narcoossees. It was the first Signature we ever tried, and we were very excited about eating lobster and watching Wishes there. Meal took 3 hours and would've taken longer if we'd stayed for dessert (we got ours boxed to go--it was so late we were afraid the monorail might stop running). Lobster was lukewarm and rubbery. I think somehow our table fell through the cracks and they forgot about us.

I HATE how so many places are doing this now with sides. Solo diners are getting shafted. Plus even when I go with my hubby, we don't necessarily want the same side. This is just greed.
This is true for any quality steak house. Sides are always ala carte. Sauces and even au jus is extra at some.

I could wait to eat at San Angel for years. Finally I did last trip and it might have bene one of the nastiest meals I ever had in my life. I also couldn't see crap in the place. To each there own and that's the way it goes. I love mexican food but wow that was awful. I don't think I would ever give any other Mexican restaurant a chance. I ever had a awful taco at food and wine. I always pay oop for Shula's. I am not eating there this trip but I hope I don't regret it.
Maybe Mexican food isn’t your thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!