Can you swallow pills good ?

I usually take them with food and water. It feels like they don't go down all the way otherwise. My DH and one adult DS can swallow pills without drinking anything. Other adult DS and myself both need to drink quite a bit. I always feel like they're stuck, even when they aren't. Oldest DS (33) used powdered aspirin until he was well into his 20's because he just couldn't swallow a pill.

Pills should always be taken with liquid, like 8 oz to ensure they go down. Certain pills that don't go all the way down can actually eat through the lining of the throat. No one should ever take pills without drinking something.

I have to drink a little water before a pill and several swallows after as I feel like it needs to be washed down also.
I used to do the powders like Stanback or BC but would get choked on them unless I mixed with water first.
I could never swallow a pill without drinking something, seems like it would take longer to take effect.

I have an easy time with them, and thankfully, DS inherited that ability. He went to adult allergy pills cut in half (at our pharmacist's approval) when he could still have been on the children's chewables.

Liquid medicine, on the other hand, made me gag as child. I'm convinced my mom taught me how to swallow pills so I'd stop throwing the liquid stuff back up on her!

I don't generally have a problem, but if taking several pills at once I have to do a couple at a time. I take 12 pills every morning (3 at supper, and 2 more at bedtime) and usually do them in two's. Occasionally one seems to get caught in my throat so I have to take another sip of water. And one of the two I take at bedtime starts to dissolve immediately when I put it in my mouth, I hate that, tastes awful!! :(

My mom never liked to take hers with water, always with juice, milk or her Boost liquid. And sometimes she liked to have a bite of a cracker between pills.

I can take it OK, but always feel like I have something stuck in my throat afterwards. My dd14 takes her meds with food. She'll take a bite of something, chew it up, add the pill, and then swallow.

You know, it's funny, I used to be able to dry-swallow pills with no problem. Recently though, I find I can't and usually need a little water, at least if It's more than one at a time.

I once took what seemed to be a large pill and afterwards believed that I was very good at swallowing pills. Turns out it was only the blue pill. If I'd taken the red pill, however, I'd have discovered the truth that I'm terrible at it.

I had an awful time swallowing pills as a kid but I can do it now. I need plenty of water and usually have to tilt my head back.

I don't have a problem with it. DD16 has still never swallowed one. We've mashed them up in applesauce a couple of times. Otherwise she does children's cold medicine (a double dose of Triaminic is the same active ingredient amount as DayQuil dose for adults), and meltaway pain reliever. I don't think Tylenol makes those anymore, but Dollar General still puts out their version.

Luckily she rarely has a headache or any other health problem. The pain reliever is just for when her braces have been adjusted.

It seems it's "too easy" for me to swallow pills. I take the smallest sip of water and it's gone. Often I feel not sure if the pill went down, but it's not the in the glass of water or inside my mouth anymore. Even with the rare large pill.

I am horrible at. I would rather take liquid. I have even gagged on very small pills. I have gotten better as i know can take and advil fine but only with very cold fizzy pop. I am now trying to get my kids to swallow pills and it is not working. I even got the small advil children strength pills. I just need to walk away and let my husband teach them.

It seems a lot of us have older kids who can’t swallow pills. I wonder if it’s because of a larger variety of children’s meds. I honestly don’t remember chewable/liquid kid meds growing up aside from baby aspirin or cough syrup. If I had a cold I remember being given Coricidin, Excederin for a headache, Tylenol for a fever, all pills and no distinction between adult/kids.

Yes , not an issue. I can even swallow dry chalky pills without a drink if necessary.

I have never had any issues swallowing pills, I don't even usually need any liquids with it. I spent most of my childhood in and out of hospitals so I have a lot of practice. Thankfully I am completely off all medications now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!