Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

Never read his/hers? Don't know who Jordy is.
Still around?
I think he/she posted on your thread recently?

Jordan (guy) was around forever, but had to take leave for personal reasons. He had a very charismatic personality and was funnier than how I look "running". I really miss is witty banter (it's was lot like yours).

He pops in a very once in awhile, and it's always a treat.

You know why?

BECAUSE IT'S CAKE!!!

Valid point.

You may want to not work my job then.

Just sayin'.

Nope. I'll take my 8:30-5:30 M-F credit union job every time.

:laughing: You know, you're really making me happy.
I'd like this to happen some day.

I try. And I would do. Who knows, maybe Joe and I will eventually make it up to Canada.

"Phew!" He said. "I thought that would
never come out. I've been trying for
three days to pass this kidney stone."

............I have no words.
Except that kidney stones seem to be a common theme in my life right now.
There's a new Jeff Foxworthy/Larry the Cable guy special on Netflix, and Jeff does a whole routine on kidney stones.
Then the next day, my mom texts me because she thought she had one (she didn't, just a lot of back pain for undetermined reasons)
Now this.
Weird.

I do think I may remember Nebo.....but I'm not sure on the time frame. I think he was posting around the same time I got hooked on the TR thread because of Lala, but I'm not sure.

Valid point.

Cake. It's always a valid point.

Nope. I'll take my 8:30-5:30 M-F credit union job every time.

Smart girl. It's too late for me!
Save yourself!

I try. And I would do. Who knows, maybe Joe and I will eventually make it up to Canada.

Just don't do what some German relatives did.
"We're flying into Montreal. Can you pick us up?"
(Montreal is about a 24 hour drive away.)

............I have no words.

Nebo has that affect on people.

Except that kidney stones seem to be a common theme in my life right now.
There's a new Jeff Foxworthy/Larry the Cable guy special on Netflix, and Jeff does a whole routine on kidney stones.
Then the next day, my mom texts me because she thought she had one (she didn't, just a lot of back pain for undetermined reasons)
Now this.
Weird.

I've had kidney stones.
They're
not fun.
At all.

(Still, that is weird.)

I do think I may remember Nebo.....but I'm not sure on the time frame. I think he was posting around the same time I got hooked on the TR thread because of Lala, but I'm not sure.

I think his last TR was in 2013.

A couple of days ago,
the phone rings, and... it's Nebo!

Turns out they
were in WDW when
I called.
They were down there for 18 days!
Nice!

Very nice! Glad you could catch up with him.

Now Nebo has had some health issues.
He's pretty much legally blind now,
and he has a bad back that an operation
hasn't really helped apparently.
So Smidgy wheeled him around the parks
in a wheelchair.

Yikes. Sounds like he's suffering quite a bit. Poor guy.

"A man will sit on a bench with a man on it
and a man will sit on a bench with a woman on it,
but a woman will never sit on a bench with a man on it."

This rings true.

"Phew!" He said in a loud, carrying voice.
Loud enough that the man on the bench
couldn't fail to hear.
Loud enough that the two women standing
couldn't help but overhear.
"Phew!" He said. "I thought that would

never come out. I've been trying for
three days to pass this kidney stone."

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::cheer2:

I've never met him, spoken to him, or read his TR's. But I like this guy.

If anyone's interested.
The new (and shiny!) TR is up and running.

You can find it here:

Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation

Cool! I'll head right over.

Very nice! Glad you could catch up with him.

It'd been too long.

Yikes. Sounds like he's suffering quite a bit. Poor guy.

Health. It's not Nebo's friend.

This rings true.

It kinda does, doesn't it?
I mean, sure, it's over-generalizing,
but still....

I've never met him, spoken to him, or read his TR's. But I like this guy.

:laughing: He's a character, all right.

Cool! I'll head right over.

See you there!

Hey there just spent the last couple weeks reading The Never Ending St... Uh I mean Trip Report! Imagine my dismay when the never ending part was not never ending! You did warn over and over that you were lieing... Guess so! :sad: I love your style! Sarcasm at it's finest! :rotfl:

Followed over from Steppesisters TR. Were you one of the peeps going to her grad crawl?

Will be following the new one and heading there now!

Ah! I love uncle Buck!
That's a funny Story! Would have been funnier to see there faces. :)

Yay, new TR!

Have a great trip!

Hey there just spent the last couple weeks reading The Never Ending St... Uh I mean Trip Report!

:laughing: It does go on, doesn't it?
And while this one's wrapping up,
you still get an official...

:welcome: to the TR Jenn!

Imagine my dismay when the never ending part was not never ending!

Sorry about that...
But it's kind of just switching addresses.

You did warn over and over that you were lieing... Guess so! :sad:

Moi? Lie? Never!

Well.... maybe a little.

Nah.

I love your style! Sarcasm at it's finest! :rotfl:

:laughing: Glad you enjoyed it!

Followed over from Steppesisters TR. Were you one of the peeps going to her grad crawl?

I recognized you right away from there!

No. :sad: I'm not.
I could get time off in September,
but not October.

Then again, I had a few people
insisting I go in September.

Someone was going to lose.

And it was the September folks.

Will be following the new one and heading there now!

See you there!

Ah! I love uncle Buck!

::yes::

That's a funny Story! Would have been funnier to see there faces. :)

I think we need to attach
a Go Pro to Nebo.

(Rhymes, too.)

Yay, new TR!

::yes::

Have a great trip!

Thanks! :)

Hi! Can't get multi-quote to work so hope you remember/understand my comments
10 years to retire: I hear ya! In five years I'll have 30 years/age 55(say what?!) and could retire with full pension..but would that (after insurance etc) be enough income. Wait to 59 1/2 and I could use funds in 401K if needed without penalty and then 62 for SS. We'll have to just pass the time here together till then : )

I'm so glad I could make you smile, I really thought a nap on a shoulder would be good for you.

I'm really amazed on some of the things you do for your girls, especially with the lack of sleep. But I understand the wish you could do more. I have those feeling when I think back to when they were younger and I was tuckered out. I still worry that all they will remember is mom falling asleep on the couch.

I'm so not witty enough for any decent title idea. Usually I think a lot in the shower or on the 25min drive to work. So I'm going with:

Canadian Bufffoon does it ALL in the Fall -meet, eat & drink his way back.

Now if I knew for sure because I feel this is something you would do I would add something regarding MNSSHP

I'm so glad you have these 3 weeks off( so needed!) and you will be sharing some of your time with us. Of course in 26 days I'll have to be a little MIA :) I have somewhere to be!
Quick story: I have a countdown on my phone's wallpaper that has a new picture every day. On Friday it was 30days, I get up for work Saturday and I could tell this was a picture I hadn't seen. It was a cool one of the castle and the app had fireworks going off....It's because it showed 0 days left!! What a bummer. I told everyone at work that I shouldn't be here because according to my phone I should be leaving for Disney! It's all fixed now. Actually I found a few things to add to it. Now I get a new/different picture every 2 hours and added to the heading :XXdays till 25th anniversary trip

I will now tell you :wave:see you when you get back! Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!pixiedust:
I will pop over to the new chapter!

Hi! Can't get multi-quote to work so hope you remember/understand my comments

::yes:: Got 'em all!

10 years to retire: I hear ya! In five years I'll have 30 years/age 55(say what?!) and could retire with full pension..

That's me too!
Well, except I'll be a touch older.

but would that (after insurance etc) be enough income. Wait to 59 1/2 and I could use funds in 401K if needed without penalty and then 62 for SS. We'll have to just pass the time here together till then : )

We don't have 401Ks up here
(other things, dif rules)
But I'm good spending
my time here with y'all!

My job is 30/55 too,
and that gives us 60%
of the average of our best
(usually last) five years.
But if we stay 35,
we get 70%.

I'm so glad I could make you smile, I really thought a nap on a shoulder would be good for you.

That really made my day.
It really did!

I'm really amazed on some of the things you do for your girls, especially with the lack of sleep.

It's the lack of sleep that makes it happen.
"Dad, can you do _____ for us?"
Me: "zzzz... huh? wha?.... sure, whatever...zzzzz."

But I understand the wish you could do more. I have those feeling when I think back to when they were younger and I was tuckered out. I still worry that all they will remember is mom falling asleep on the couch.

Yep.

I'm so not witty enough for any decent title idea. Usually I think a lot in the shower or on the 25min drive to work. So I'm going with:

Canadian Bufffoon does it ALL in the Fall -meet, eat & drink his way back.

Noted. And already added to the new TR.

Now if I knew for sure because I feel this is something you would do I would add something regarding MNSSHP

Remember.
This vacay is on the cheap.

I'm so glad you have these 3 weeks off( so needed!) and you will be sharing some of your time with us.

Yes and yes!

Of course in 26 days I'll have to be a little MIA :) I have somewhere to be!

Two weeks now!

Quick story: I have a countdown on my phone's wallpaper that has a new picture every day. On Friday it was 30days, I get up for work Saturday and I could tell this was a picture I hadn't seen. It was a cool one of the castle and the app had fireworks going off....It's because it showed 0 days left!! What a bummer. I told everyone at work that I shouldn't be here because according to my phone I should be leaving for Disney! It's all fixed now. Actually I found a few things to add to it. Now I get a new/different picture every 2 hours and added to the heading :XXdays till 25th anniversary trip

:laughing: I can imagine.
Whelp! I'm outta here!
Phone says so.

I will now tell you :wave:see you when you get back! Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!pixiedust:
I will pop over to the new chapter!

See you there!
And I have tales to tell!

Dullsville

Once we were both freshened up,
we headed out to dinner.
We knew our favourite restaurant
was just a block away.
We walked over to The Keg.

I don't remember exactly what we had.
I know that Ruby ordered another Sangria.
No... Actually I don't know it... but I'm pretty sure.
I think I ordered a drink... but don't remember what.
Ruby ordered the escargot as an appy,
while I had the French onion soup.
The Keg's escargot is to die for...
but I just had a craving that day for French onion soup.
I have zero recollection what we ordered
for our main course.
I remember being surprised at Ruby's choice,
since she almost always orders the chicken.
So she didn't order the chicken.
But what she did order? Dunno.
I think I had the prime rib.
Always delish.

So I've been to Montreal 4 times now in the past 3 years for business -- and the one place I ALWAYS go to for dinner is the same place you guys went to! I love that place. Ended up going there as a plan B my second night in Montreal.

Funny story. The first time I went to Montreal, I was pretty unfamiliar with the French language, so I had no idea how things were pronounced. I asked the concierge at the hotel where a good sports bar was located so I could watch the NBA playoffs (The Montreal Canadiens were playing in the playoffs at that time, so it was not going to be easy finding a place that would have a tv showing the NBA). The guy told me to check out what sounded like "La Casual Spa."

At this point, I'm thinking he's trying to send me to a strip club of some sort (for those of you that haven't been to Montreal, there are a lot of erotic massage spas in the downtown area -- go back and look at pkondz's lunch picture at Dunnes).

I repeated, this time more slowly, "No. I'm looking for a sports bar. You know, with basketball on the television. Not a strip club." He said he understood, and again repeated, "La Casual Spa. They have lots of TVs. I'm sure you can get the NBA game on one of them." Figuring there was something lost in translation, I asked him to write the name of the establishment down so that I could find it on my phone. It was written as thus:

"La Cage aux Sports"

I then went "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. 'Spa' equals 'sports.' And 'Casual' equals 'cage aux.' You were saying 'The Sports Cage.'"

So I head down to the place, but then realize that it is located right next to the Bell Centre where the playoff game was actually being played, so needless to say, it was jam packed and impossible to get into. So I ended up backtracking and going with his second suggestion of "The Keg." Glad I found it, because it is so good.

I always get the calamari (they do a sweet and spicy side sauce that is really good) and then I get the wedge salad with sirloin steak added. So good. Usually go with a double tall crown and coke as well...since I'm in Canada and all.

Actually -- I get double tall Crown and coke pretty much everywhere I go.

This last trip, I found a pretty nice sushi place (Sushi Nippon -- near Peel Metro station). It's like a fast casual type place -- so didn't take too long and wasn't too expensive.

Whatever you do in Montreal -- do not go to the Biodome place. It is really awful. I'm assuming it hasn't been updated since it was built (presumably for the Olympics)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!