Canadian Buffoon's Exhausted Vacation - Update 09/01 - New TR link!

Hello,
Nervous new poster here ;)
I recently came upon this trip report and have now read almost all of them in the past few days. Didn't take the time to make any comments since many of those reports are from a few years ago, but I could not resist once I realized we share the same thoughts on the proper name of the WEDway People Mover! Why, oh why did they feel the need to change it(without asking me first)? Oh well, that being said. I have immensely enjoyed reading your trip reports and look forward to more!

Hi!
:welcome: to the TR!

All done, now, but not quite dead yet. :)

Nervous new poster here ;)
No need to be nervous. :)
Everyone is welcome on all my TRs.
Indeed, the more the merrier. :goodvibes
I recently came upon this trip report and have now read almost all of them in the past few days.
Good grief!
Are you okay?
Or did my abundance of atrocious

prose bake your brain?
Didn't take the time to make any comments since many of those reports are from a few years ago,
Totally get that. ::yes::
but I could not resist once I realized we share the same thoughts on the proper name of the WEDway People Mover!
Good! A fellow WEDway believer!
All that other stuff about you being
welcome was just fluff.

Now you're really welcome.

:lmao:
Why, oh why did they feel the need to change it(without asking me first)?
:laughing:
Very good question!
I would send them an email,
pointing that out.
Oh well, that being said. I have immensely enjoyed reading your trip reports and look forward to more!
Thanks!
Although to be frank...
or to be pkondz...
I'm not really sure if/when
that will happen.

Certainly not planning any

trips anytime soon!!

Just finished getting through Chapter 4. I was telling Lady H we need to go back to KSC one of these decades. Last time we were there was back in October of 2010. The space shuttle program was coming to an end. We got to see part of space shuttle Discovery sitting on the launch pad during our tour.

The reason I say we got to see part of it was because we couldn't actually see the space shuttle itself, but it was already attached to the rocket boosters and being prepared for launch. We paid to take a little more in depth tour and this one of the things we got to see while on the tour. If I recall correctly, they finally scrapped that mission because of the weather. It was awesome to see sitting there on the launch pad. One of the last times you would get to see the space shuttles as the program ended in 2011.

Just finished getting through Chapter 4. I was telling Lady H we need to go back to KSC one of these decades. Last time we were there was back in October of 2010. The space shuttle program was coming to an end. We got to see part of space shuttle Discovery sitting on the launch pad during our tour.

Wow! Okay, that's cool!
The reason I say we got to see part of it was because we couldn't actually see the space shuttle itself, but it was already attached to the rocket boosters and being prepared for launch
Yeah, okay. I see (or rather don't see) that.
We paid to take a little more in depth tour and this one of the things we got to see while on the tour.
Did you find the tour was worth it?
I contemplated doing a tour, but...
Also knew I wouldn't have the time.

(And I didn't.)
If I recall correctly, they finally scrapped that mission because of the weather. It was awesome to see sitting there on the launch pad. One of the last times you would get to see the space shuttles as the program ended in 2011.
::yes::

And I find it a bit mind boggling
that there are still shuttles around...
but they aren't being used.
I guess they came to the end of
their life-cycle.
Actually, I think they went
past.

Snowbirds did a flyby this morning. Part of a cross country tour during the COVID quarantine.
Some photos I took:

DSC08672.jpg

DSC08675.jpg

DSC08690.jpg

Thanks to Judy (@juniorbugman ) for the heads up. :)
That is so cool! We are supposed to get Fighter Jets doing a fly over of our hospital at 5:45 pm today. I can't wait to see them!

Snowbirds did a flyby this morning. Part of a cross country tour during the COVID quarantine.
Some photos I took:
Cool shots - glad you were able to see them and take such great photos. I am going to save your photos to my Snowbirds album. I think it is great that they are trying to hit as many places cross country as they can. Ours was delayed a day due to weather but they did come back on Mother's Day - whoda thunk that Ontario would have snow on May 9th?

Cool shots - glad you were able to see them and take such great photos. I am going to save your photos to my Snowbirds album. I think it is great that they are trying to hit as many places cross country as they can. Ours was delayed a day due to weather but they did come back on Mother's Day - whoda thunk that Ontario would have snow on May 9th?
Thanks, Judy.
I saw both the snow :scared1:
and the flight delay.

Awesome!!! The Blue Angels are doing a flyover in Chicago today, too. I got a quick pic, but yours are pretty amazing!

I don't know if it was in the process of catching up what I missed, but someone (might have been @Tracy161 ) mentioned something about wishing you were still writing. I've enjoyed your TRs. Even before we met and most importantly AFTER we met. ;)

Seriously, your TRs are entertaining and kinda sad there isn't one. I fell behind on so many and didn't even realize @chunkymonkey had started a new one. I'm also a bit sad because folks I haven't met or those I'd like to meet up with again....I can't. Stupid virus! :sad:

I don't know if it was in the process of catching up what I missed, but someone (might have been @Tracy161 ) mentioned something about wishing you were still writing. I've enjoyed your TRs. Even before we met and most importantly AFTER we met. ;)

Seriously, your TRs are entertaining and kinda sad there isn't one. I fell behind on so many and didn't even realize @chunkymonkey had started a new one. I'm also a bit sad because folks I haven't met or those I'd like to meet up with again....I can't. Stupid virus! :sad:
Hi, Doc.
Thanks for the kind words.
Unfortunately, there's not much travel in my life right now
(as is the same for everyone), which translates to a decided lack of TR material.
I could write about my life in general, but who really wants to read"
"I woke up... again... so that's good. Kinda stumbled through the day until it was time to go back to bed."

Those two times (time to rise/time to sleep) seem to be approaching each other, somehow.

Some photos I took:

Wow you got some amazing photos!! They flew over Toronto on Sunday and I saw them, but by the time I got my phone out and camera ready for a pic they were so far away they looked like birds lol. I knew they were coming and was out for a walk but then got lost in a podcast and forgot to look out for them until I heard them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!