Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

So many TRs... many of them quite good.
Impossible to hit them all.
There are at least two or three
that I really want to get involved in...
but just can't spare any more time.

This. It's so hard to give them the time they deserve, so I usually make the choice not to jump in.

I just make sure I don't click on a TR
unless I can devote time to it.
That way, at least I'll start where I left off...

I've always tried to read the TR's of those that would read and comment on mine. But now I'm even failing on that front.

OK didn't you create that avatar with the umbrella over the santa fe? and my favorite? the one with nebo's face on moses, parting the red sea?

Last edited:

Ah yes.... the inevitable fly in the ointment.

Someone should invent fly ointment,
then they wouldn't always want ours.

I'm throwing out million dollar ideas here people,
and you still say you need a job???

Okay, I need a billion dollar idea so I no longer have to work. I can be like one of those guys who goes to the parks everyday

That was quick!
Or do you have a stash o' cats.

Well, one we have had for 3 years now and the other one is our new one who is quickly growing and becoming an angsty teenager

I initially read that as
"and will hopefully soon be more than one girlfriend."

Wondered how that'd play out.

But.... Oh, boy!
I hope you'll post a few pictures here?

I'll postpone congratulations until
it's appropriate,
and instead wish you good luck!

Still shooting for August,
on your road trip?

I'd say, not well.

I will, nothing is planned yet. I am super nervous and anxious about it but soon!

Roadtrip in August has changed to hopefully a trip to Hawaii, life is expensive. Cat needs to be fixed, Car 1 needs about 1200 in work, Car 2 about 400, kitchen needs some work, but hopefully, we will still be swinging a trip. We moved away from the Road Trip idea because well, I don't know, she's the boss and knows I would like to spend more than just a day at the parks so now we are hoping to head to the parks for 2-3 days in November!!

See?
Just ask.
I'm full of unwarranted, unsolicited
and generally unhelpful advice.

Advice is always good, I think. That's what they told me before they told me that it was safe to go tubing with my brother in law driving the boat hmm still have whiplash.

Also I have finally started writing my trip report from October of 2015, feel free to swing by https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-trip-report-from-way-way-back-october-2015.3617432/

And again, I’ve gotten so far behind that it seems almost improper to jump back in.

:sad2: Typical…

I can’t even find the last time we spoke or remember where the conversation left off. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have added anything as entertaining as most of the rest of the folks round here though, so it’s no great literary loss.

I’ve read most of the other conversation since the last chapter though and apart from the lengthy discussions on snails in butter sauce, it looks like you’ve already been out of a couple more trips since then. I also would like to hear about the Vegas excursion (and anything else you’d care to write about).
Maybe I’ll make myself keep up this time.

Did I read correctly that you either were planning or had already made a road trip that was going to take you down toward Kentucky and possibly into Tennessee? Did that happen or am I just hallucinating? If it did, how far southeast did you end up traveling?

In any case, I’m looking forward to at least reading about the continuing saga of our favorite buffoon’s travels.

This. It's so hard to give them the time they deserve, so I usually make the choice not to jump in.

Yeah.
You just can't do it all.
Not enough hours in the day.

I've always tried to read the TR's of those that would read and comment on mine. But now I'm even failing on that front.

I've given up on that front.
If someone's TR ends...
Maybe I'll consider adding.
But usually, one ends
and another (by the same writer)
begins.

I'll take a Ponzi avatar if you're offering them around.

What would you like?

OK didn't you create that avatar with the umbrella over the santa fe? and my favorite? the one with nebo's face on moses, parting the red sea?

Yes, that was me.
I was just being silly.

So this one wasn't your fave?

tanlikesteve.jpg

Oh! You mean this one:

nebopartsthelagoonfinal.jpg

Okay, I need a billion dollar idea so I no longer have to work.

Sorry, I just give out Million dollar ideas.
You're on your own.

I can be like one of those guys who goes to the parks everyday

::yes::

Well, one we have had for 3 years now and the other one is our new one who is quickly growing and becoming an angsty teenager

Nothing more angsty than a teen.

Nothing.

I'd say, not well.

No. Probably not.

I will, nothing is planned yet. I am super nervous and anxious about it but soon!

I bet!
I was so nervous that Ruby actually
heard my heart beating
when she put her head on my shoulder.

Roadtrip in August has changed to hopefully a trip to Hawaii, life is expensive.

Hawaii is good!
Have you been before?

Cat needs to be fixed,

Sorry to hear Cat is broken.

Car 1 needs about 1200 in work, Car 2 about 400

:headache: Ouch.

We moved away from the Road Trip idea because well, I don't know, she's the boss and knows I would like to spend more than just a day at the parks so now we are hoping to head to the parks for 2-3 days in November!!

When in November?
I'm looking at sometime in October/November.

Advice is always good, I think. That's what they told me before they told me that it was safe to go tubing with my brother in law driving the boat hmm still have whiplash.

:rolleyes1

Also I have finally started writing my trip report from October of 2015, feel free to swing by

I'll take a peak... But I'm swamped.
Expect not much more than a "hi!".

You've been warned.

And again, I’ve gotten so far behind that it seems almost improper to jump back in.

:sad2: Typical…

No worries... You've been here
about as much as... well... me!

I can’t even find the last time we spoke or remember where the conversation left off. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have added anything as entertaining as most of the rest of the folks round here though, so it’s no great literary loss.

June 6th. So you're averaging about once a month.
Which is... as I mentioned...
about as much as I am! :laughing:

And don't sell yourself short.
I've missed your wit.

Well, half of it.

I’ve read most of the other conversation since the last chapter though and apart from the lengthy discussions on snails in butter sauce, it looks like you’ve already been out of a couple more trips since then. I also would like to hear about the Vegas excursion (and anything else you’d care to write about).

Coming up... eventually!
Still behind.

I may just write
and catch up later.

It's one of life's mysteries.

Maybe I’ll make myself keep up this time.

No worries.
You either can, or you can't.
Will, or won't.

Nice to see you when you can, though! :)

Did I read correctly that you either were planning or had already made a road trip that was going to take you down toward Kentucky and possibly into Tennessee? Did that happen or am I just hallucinating? If it did, how far southeast did you end up traveling?

Yep!
Went as far south as Tennessee and North Carolina.

In any case, I’m looking forward to at least reading about the continuing saga of our favorite buffoon’s travels.

I'll get right on that! :)

I've missed your wit.

Well, half of it.
Well I’ve only got half of it to offer so you actually missed all of it.
(Still no great loss, I 'spect.)

Yep!
Went as far south as Tennessee and North Carolina.
To quote Ralphie…
Rassa Frassa Fram Bassal Crushlamochree Frabble-Gribbin' Malaforpin’ Buzzle-Whizzin’ Razzle-frangin’ Forplebangin’...

My young’en goes to school up the NC mountains smack in the middle of the Nantahala National Forrest and just shy of the Tennessee line. We drive up there fairly regular for one reason or another. Had I known you were going to be all that ways from Winnipeg and in my neck of the woods I might have been able to get up there and proven my half-witedness in person. You’d at least have gotten a good drink out if it.

Well I’ve only got half of it to offer so you actually missed all of it.

I mourn its passing.

Mine too.

(Still no great loss, I 'spect.)

Nah. I'm glad you're here. :)

To quote Ralphie…
Rassa Frassa Fram Bassal Crushlamochree Frabble-Gribbin' Malaforpin’ Buzzle-Whizzin’ Razzle-frangin’ Forplebangin’...

The 'h' is silent, of course.

:-)laughing: that was great!)

My young’en goes to school up the NC mountains smack in the middle of the Nantahala National Forrest and just shy of the Tennessee line. We drive up there fairly regular for one reason or another. Had I known you were going to be all that ways from Winnipeg and in my neck of the woods I might have been able to get up there and proven my half-witedness in person. You’d at least have gotten a good drink out if it.

Well, shoot.
I drove out of the way for a couple of DISmeets....
Woulda done the same for you.

You have to give me a bit more than that!
Do I have to do all the work? lol! My very favorite characters are Eeyore and Stitch. I like Marie and the Cheshire cat. Also sassy Tinkerbelle. I'm not a princess person. I'm a crazy cat lady and I love to sleep. I love pasta and potatos. What else?

When's the next TR start?

Do I have to do all the work? lol! My very favorite characters are Eeyore and Stitch. I like Marie and the Cheshire cat. Also sassy Tinkerbelle. I'm not a princess person. I'm a crazy cat lady and I love to sleep. I love pasta and potatos. What else?

:laughing:
Okay, I'll think on that.

When's the next TR start?

Ugh!
I'm hoping soon.
Although Vegas will only be
a chapter or two.

well I must jump back onto the fray to say thanks for the memories with those nebo pics...think I may have to try to re read some of his old threads. I have just a few moments before getting ready to leave at ohdarkthirty tomorrow for D23. I finally have a new computer so I can stay caught up here and start reading some other tr's I have been meaning to get to. But tonight I have plans to eat a wonderful bit of heaven brought down from the great white north by a disboard legend last spring. I have been saving it...hoarding it..hiding it..oh yes some foolish man tried to reach for it...silly lance..he won't try that again..heck I even told scarlett no when she asked if it was candy..that wunderbar is mine mine mine....*insert evil laugh here* now before you folks think I am a big meanie, I threw a couple of reeses to distract lance while I hid my wonderbar in the fridge and shared the other candy with lil missy..Figure that it is an appropriate pre d23 treat tonight since ponzie they man the myth the disboard legend brought it all the way down here for lil old me. hoping to see some dissers at the expo. we will be the little old couple in the matching marvel shirts so if you see us on Friday say hi!
again thanks for the memories of tr past..man we need to hook nebo up with a talk to type program

Sorry, I just give out Million dollar ideas.
You're on your own.

Drats

Nothing more angsty than a teen.

Nothing.

Oh, I know. I was the angstiest of tens

I bet!
I was so nervous that Ruby actually
heard my heart beating
when she put her head on my shoulder.

I think about it and I can feel my heart racing.

Hawaii is good!
Have you been before?

Never been, would love to hike Kalalau Trail in Kuaui.

Sorry to hear Cat is broken.

Cat's broken but still good.

When in November?
I'm looking at sometime in October/November.

We are thinking around the 15th, would love to see the Christmas decor.

well I must jump back onto the fray to say thanks for the memories with those nebo pics...think I may have to try to re read some of his old threads.

:) Those were the days, weren't they?
Man, he sure can write.

Loved his style. Typos and all!

I have just a few moments before getting ready to leave at ohdarkthirty tomorrow for D23.

Hope you're having a blast, there!

I finally have a new computer so I can stay caught up here and start reading some other tr's I have been meaning to get to.

Good! What did you get?

brought down from the great white north by a disboard legend last spring.

Oh? Another Canadian visited you?

oh yes some foolish man tried to reach for it...silly lance..he won't try that again

<Pulls away bleeding and battered hand...>

heck I even told scarlett no when she asked if it was candy

Whoa.... you really like Wunderbars.
Next meeting, I'll bring more.

Or send you some if you wish.

that wunderbar is mine mine mine....*insert evil laugh here*

:laughing:

I threw a couple of reeses to distract lance while I hid my wonderbar in the fridge and shared the other candy with lil missy..

Distraction candy. Good plan.
And you shared with lil missy.
Did she like them?

Of course she did. What kid doesn't like candy?

ponzie they man the myth the disboard legend

:blush: Oh, come on.
I'm not even in the same league
as most other writers.

brought it all the way down here for lil old me.

It was the least I could do
for you coming out of your way
to meet me! :)

again thanks for the memories of tr past..man we need to hook nebo up with a talk to type program

I met him (again) just a few weeks ago.

Wanna hear about it?

Welcome to the real world.

Sucks, doesn't it?

If only there was some distraction...

Hmmmm....

Some sort of... Theme Park...

Oh, I know. I was the angstiest of tens

I wonder who was angsty-er?

I love making up words.

I think about it and I can feel my heart racing.

Good! You should feel that way! :)

Never been, would love to hike Kalalau Trail in Kuaui.

Haven't been to that Island,
so I can't help you.

Been to The Big Island, Oahu and Maui.

Cat's broken but still good.

:laughing: That's good. I think.

We are thinking around the 15th, would love to see the Christmas decor.

Hmmm...

I think that's probably later
(but I don't know yet, one way or the other)
than I'll be there.
I'm shooting for sometime in October,
maybe early November.

But no clue yet.

I do know that will be later
than Alison will be there.
But I think Liesa will be there then.
At least I know she's there on the 18th.
I don't know if she's there earlier or later than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!