Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation - Update 07/08! pp99 - Here today gone tomorrow

Oh no, sorry to hear about your back! Glad you're feeling better though. :flower3: Can't wait for the new TR :goodvibes

Thanks Katie! Still rough going... came into work today... won't make that mistake tomorrow.

Still have a few TRs to catch up on (three or four, I believe) then I'll start pecking away at the keyboard.

Just finished your TR and loved it!! I even went over my data usage reading while waiting on my daughter after school yesterday. Oops! But worth it, so thanks for taking the time.

Oh, and your sense of humor really reminds me of my old friend Nebo. :)

Just finished your TR and loved it!! I even went over my data usage reading while waiting on my daughter after school yesterday. Oops! But worth it, so thanks for taking the time.

Wow! That's quite the compliment! Spending cash to read my TR!
Also.... :welcome: to the TR!

Oh, and your sense of humor really reminds me of my old friend Nebo. :)

It does, does it. Well, that might be because I learned from the best. ;)
Actually, I believe he and Smidgy are in the World right about now.
I think they were supposed to arrive August 29th.
Just missed them!

Actually, I believe he and Smidgy are in the World right about now.
I think they were supposed to arrive August 29th.
Just missed them!
They left on Friday. What day did you get back?

I'm only sending the earrings if you're going to wear them.

Bum backs are so very fun. Not. Give it all the rest it needs, go slow and find a good pain clinic. Ever since starting work this summer, my back screams for mercy every morning when I try to get out of bed. Must. Push. Through.

We'll all be here.... take your time.

Well I threw my back out...
again... this morning.

Yeah, yeah. This is code talk for "I have no idea what to write for these blood thirsty Disers. I need a stall tactic."

J/K. Welcome back from Disney. I would hope this trip was different. I would be a little worried if this was the exact same trip with a companion along.

Hope the back gets better soon. I'll be back soon to find out if you're back and how the back is doing. Hopefully I'll be back more this time. I'll see if I can get Lady H back here as well. Well gotta get back to dinner. Be back later.

Well... the back hurts, so I'm gonna do these shout outs and call it a day.
Which means I'll be behind again on TRs.... it's a neverending spiral!

They left on Friday. What day did you get back?

Thursday. Sucks so much that we just missed them.

I'm only sending the earrings if you're going to wear them.

Are they clip-ons?

Bum backs are so very fun. Not. Give it all the rest it needs, go slow and find a good pain clinic. Ever since starting work this summer, my back screams for mercy every morning when I try to get out of bed. Must. Push. Through.

Thanks Liesa. I see you feel my pain. Take care of yourself, okay?

We'll all be here.... take your time.

No choice!

Yeah, yeah. This is code talk for "I have no idea what to write for these blood thirsty Disers. I need a stall tactic."

:laughing: I keep thinking of stuff.... and promptly forgetting!
Must start getting fingers to keyboard on that TR!

J/K. Welcome back from Disney. I would hope this trip was different. I would be a little worried if this was the exact same trip with a companion along.

No Scuba diving this time, but other things happened that were... different.

Hope the back gets better soon. I'll be back soon to find out if you're back and how the back is doing. Hopefully I'll be back more this time. I'll see if I can get Lady H back here as well. Well gotta get back to dinner. Be back later.

Right back atcha.

Seriously Mike. So nice to have you around again.
And it goes without saying that I'd love to see Lady H, too!

Going to lie down now...

Seriously Mike. So nice to have you around again. And it goes without saying that I'd love to see Lady H, too!
Glad to be back. I can't get on at work as much as I used to so it will be more in the evenings that I come back.

Going to lie down now...
Are you sure that's a wise thing to do? You may not get back up. Maybe you should lie up instead.

Last edited:
Did you jinx me? My pinched nerve is acting up and it feels like a knife stabbing me under my left shoulder blade. Also my elbow and wrist on the left hurts. I had a broken bone in my elbow and that wrist crushed before. Everything is hurting at the same time.

Glad to be back. I can't get on at work as much as I used to so it will be more in the evenings that I come back.

Any time is good for me!
Just glad to see you! :goodvibes

Are you sure that's a wise thing to do? You may not get back up. Maybe you should lie up instead.

You have no idea.
I tried lying in bed with my laptop this morning.

Wow. Was that a mistake. Took forever to get up again.

Did you jinx me? My pinched nerve is acting up and it feels like a knife stabbing me under my left shoulder blade.Also my elbow and wrist on the left hurts. I had a broken bone in my elbow and that wrist crushed before. Everything is hurting at the same time.

Whoops! Yes that was me. I jinxed you.
Sorry about that.

Seriously, sorry to hear that things are hurting.

Ponzi, I just had an idea. How about you post the chapter(s) from your Italy trip where you messed up your back? those were EPIC!

It hurts so move! Even sneezing and yawning hurt! I'd take a muscle relaxer but those put me to sleep for a day or two. Yes those meds are by prescription. So it will probably be next week till I get to the post office.

Ponzi, I just had an idea. How about you post the chapter(s) from your Italy trip where you messed up your back? those were EPIC!

:laughing: You enjoyed my pain-fest did you?
It was another time, another place.

But good news is that I just uploaded the first few pics to pbucket...
Which means I've technically started the TR, right?

Right?

Hello?

<crickets>

It hurts so move! Even sneezing and yawning hurt! I'd take a muscle relaxer but those put me to sleep for a day or two. Yes those meds are by prescription. So it will probably be next week till I get to the post office.

Ugh. I feel you. I really do.
Sneezing. Yes. I enjoy a good sneeze and scream... not!!!

And that's okay. I've yet to mail off your prize. Maybe... Maybe! After the long weekend.
Gawd, I hope I'm more mobile by then!

You have no idea.:goodvibes

Oh trust me. I have a pretty good idea. If you recall, I mentioned I have a half a vertebrae in my back. So I got a pretty darn good idea of the pain you're going through.

I tried lying in bed with my laptop this morning.

Well there's your problem right there, you aren't supposed to lie in bed with your laptop. You're supposed to lie in bed with Ruby.

Oh right, family board. You were saying.:rolleyes1

Wow. Was that a mistake. Took forever to get up again.
See, I told you. Not a wise thing to do.

Oh trust me. I have a pretty good idea. If you recall, I mentioned I have a half a vertebrae in my back. So I got a pretty darn good idea of the pain you're going through.

Oh, I remember. That's not what I meant.
I meant you have no idea what an idiot I was for lying in bed
(semi-sitting up... hence the issue) with the laptop.
Man was that ever the wrong thing to do.

Well there's your problem right there, you aren't supposed to lie in bed with your laptop. You're supposed to lie in bed with Ruby.

Oh right, family board. You were saying.:rolleyes1

Nothing to see here folks! Move along!
(Literally. When you have a bad back...)

See, I told you. Not a wise thing to do.

I don't know why I didn't listen!

so sorry to hear your in pain! Hope it gets better soon!

Thanks. Went to physio yesterday and wow.... OUCH.
But feeling slightly better today... I think.... hard to say.

Knew it!

HOLY CRAP I JUST PRINTED OUT OUR BOARDING PASSES!!!!

Wow, I've been MIA for too long! Your trip has come and gone!! I look forward to reading about it though!

Lots to tell you, though.
Should make for a... Different TR.

Can't wait. Yours are always a blast to read!

Well I threw my back out...
again... this morning.

Oh no...not good!!!

I'll be posting a link here when it's started.

Phew...I didn't miss it!!

Yep.

Still, it's always a blow to the ego when a woman says "You remind me of my Dad!"
or... True Story.

I was volunteering at my daughter's dance recital.
She's old enough that she's actually run some of the classes for the little ones and they remember her.
I went up to Elle while she was doing her own volunteering with a bunch of little ones and gave her a hug.
One of the littles (probably around 4 or 5 years old) said. "Who's that?"
Elle replies. "That's my dad."
The little girl thinks about it and says. "Are you sure he wasn't your grandfather?"

<sigh>

And then people wonder why I bought a motorcycle.
Full blown mid-life crisis!!!!
yeah still way behind... don't feel bad I had my youngest at 33 and there are (were) a lot of really really young moms in the area. when she was in kinder one of the moms was asking me how old I was when the girls were in 2nd grade told her I was turning 40 and she said she though I might be megan's grandma *thud*

Wow, I've been MIA for too long! Your trip has come and gone!! I look forward to reading about it though!

Where've you been???
Well, you didn't miss anything too important....

Can't wait. Yours are always a blast to read!

Aw, shucks.
Thanks!

Oh no...not good!!!

Not good at all.
Tough not to wallow in self-pity, but then I think of all those folks who are way worse off than I am...

Phew...I didn't miss it!!

Nope!

yeah still way behind... don't feel bad I had my youngest at 33 and there are (were) a lot of really really young moms in the area. when she was in kinder one of the moms was asking me how old I was when the girls were in 2nd grade told her I was turning 40 and she said she though I might be megan's grandma *thud*

:headache: ouch! Nothing like a good shot to the ol' ego.

My problem is I need to exercise my back more.
And I don't.
Because a. I'm lazy, b. I'm stupid; and c. I'm lazy.

I have a booklet I got back when I had back problems and the exercises in it were quick and easy, and felt wonderful - I can send you a copy if you like. I used it until they operated on my neck - fused three vertebrae together - took care of my back issues at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter