Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

It seems you will be taking a break which I totally support! Go Go Go always needs a break. That being said your trip reports are one of the main reasons I am on here when not planning a trip if not the only reason. . . well, I guess I will be starting my TR, just getting all the photos organized right now but I digress.

Thanks for another great report!

It seems you will be taking a break which I totally support! Go Go Go always needs a break.

That's true.

That being said your trip reports are one of the main reasons I am on here when not planning a trip if not the only reason.

Whoa. Thanks.
That's very nice of you to say.

well, I guess I will be starting my TR, just getting all the photos organized right now but I digress.

Let me know when you start it.

Thanks for another great report!

Thanks for reading! :)

Dagnabbit! No-good ricken' fricken'...

I mean, uh, congratulations, @Steppesister ! :goodvibes

OH I see how it is. ;)

And... I have seen many, many
TRs that just... peter out.

I think people underestimate the time involved and then get busy.

So... is this my kick in the butt? ;)
(And... thanks for that.)

Should I do it more? ;)

I'm glad you liked it.
I must admit that I leaned on
you and Alison for details
that I'd forgotten.
So thanks to you both, as well!

You're very welcome. Next time, maybe we'll lean on you! LOL!

:eek:

Wow! That's incredibly kind and gracious of you, Liesa! If I'd known you were going to do that for me I would have presented a nicer concession speech. :rotfl: Thank you so much!

Have you researched the dinner options around Bryce? There's not a whole lot out there...

Uh huh, sure you would have.

And honestly, it was my pleasure. While I adore Canadian gifts, it's fun to share as well. Maybe PK will bring me a small request in April.

As for Bryce, no, not really. We got our motels nailed down, but beyond that no. DH is heading up the planning for this trip which basically means there will be none.

As for Bryce, no, not really. We got our motels nailed down, but beyond that no. DH is heading up the planning for this trip which basically means there will be none.

We ate dinner at the Bryce Canyon lodge and it was very nice, but pricey and rather organic. There was one place outside the park that was kind of dinerish that we really liked. I think we had fried chicken and a reuben and split both. I could look it up. It was called "something" family restaurant.

We ate dinner at the Bryce Canyon lodge and it was very nice, but pricey and rather organic. There was one place outside the park that was kind of dinerish that we really liked. I think we had fried chicken and a reuben and split both. I could look it up. It was called "something" family restaurant.

That would actually be super helpful. I don't think we'll be doing any finer dining with the kids this trip, so the family place sounds like a good option for us. :)

Hi Ponz! Thanks so much for including me in the score. I feel like I got honorable mention. :cool1: Congrats to Steppesister! We all know she is the competitive one! :rotfl2: I wasn't really playing but had to put my two cents in once in awhile.
I always enjoy reading about your adventures. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into entertaining all of us. I really enjoy the friendships we have made here. I've just been a little tied up and exhausted lately. It is Cheer season, which means babysitting season for me. This week, Lindsay's niece passed and I have been with 7 kids (well Londynn left for cheer for the weekend) while she and Mark have been out West again. Last year it was her brother on the same weekend. But I had Jim to help me, and it was 6 kids minus 1. I have a sick baby who has cried steady since Wed, except when she sleeps. Myles has helped some, but he isn't really trained. I certainly know why it is the young ones who have babies. I also worked Thurs and Friday so I had to get 7 kids up and out of the house by 7am. It was brutal. Today was better because we didn't have to go anywhere.
Anyway just a little real life update from me. LOL.

Sorry for being AWOL, for a bit.
Been busy cleaning up the basement.

Imagine a basement, full of.... crap.
Then imagine that basement after
an earthquake.... and a tornado.

It's worse than that.

But... while I still have tons to do...
It's looking a bit better.

Hi Tammie! :wave:

Thanks so much for including me in the score. I feel like I got honorable mention. :cool1:

Hey, you answer a question
you get the points. :)

Congrats to Steppesister! We all know she is the competitive one! :rotfl2:

:laughing:

I wasn't really playing but had to put my two cents in once in awhile.

::yes::
And that's why you got points.
And... that's totally okay.
Play. Don't play. Play when you want.

I always enjoy reading about your adventures. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into entertaining all of us.

You're welcome.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I really enjoy the friendships we have made here.

And that's why I write.
I have made many wonderful
friends here.
I'm truly blessed.

I've just been a little tied up and exhausted lately. It is Cheer season, which means babysitting season for me.

Yes, I can see how that would tire you out.

This week, Lindsay's niece passed

Oh, no!! I'm so sorry to hear that!

and I have been with 7 kids (well Londynn left for cheer for the weekend)

:faint:

while she and Mark have been out West again. Last year it was her brother on the same weekend.

Good Lord. That's just awful.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

But I had Jim to help me, and it was 6 kids minus 1. I have a sick baby who has cried steady since Wed, except when she sleeps. Myles has helped some, but he isn't really trained. I certainly know why it is the young ones who have babies. I also worked Thurs and Friday so I had to get 7 kids up and out of the house by 7am. It was brutal. Today was better because we didn't have to go anywhere.
Anyway just a little real life update from me. LOL.

I'm surprised you even found the
energy to write this.

Thinking of you and your family.

dance3-jpg.300535

Wow, these are both pretty amazing!

That would actually be super helpful. I don't think we'll be doing any finer dining with the kids this trip, so the family place sounds like a good option for us. :)

I think Alison and I ate at the same place--Foster's Family Steakhouse. It was fine. Not too many options in the area so beggars can't be choosers.

I was thinking of trying this one next time: Bryce Canyon Pines. Looks like the same kind of place, but they seem to have a good pie selection.

an earthquake.... and a tornado.

It's worse than that.

Hey, sounds like my basement! I can almost walk around down there.

So... honest question.

Do you prefer contest?
Or no contest?

Honestly? At the risk of getting flamed, I prefer none. Not because they aren't fun, and I get the desire to have a hook to keep people around/interested. It's mostly a time thing for me. I used to have more time on the DIS, but now I can only check in once every couple of days. So I feel like I'm barely keeping up to read my friends' TR's and comment on them. Having to go back and hunt for stuff takes a lot of time that I often feel like I don't have. I actually used to run contests in my own TR's but also gave them up due to the time-suck aspect.

Sorry for being AWOL, for a bit.
Been busy cleaning up the basement.

That sounds like quite a job!

an earthquake....

So the first floor collapsed onto the basement, pancaking it? Problem solved! No more basement to clean up!

It's worse than that.

What? Did one of your daughters get trapped in there? Or the dogs????

But... while I still have tons to do...
It's looking a bit better.

Isn't that always the case?

I think Alison and I ate at the same place--Foster's Family Steakhouse. It was fine. Not too many options in the area so beggars can't be choosers.

Yes that was the place! Basic American food, nothing remarkable, but definitely edible.

:laughing:
No, I suppose not.

So... honest question.

Do you prefer contest?
Or no contest?

I actually prefer no contest personally. I come for the stories. . . not the contest. And sometimes I feel like the contest is too much work for ME to keep up with, so I can't imagine for you!

Hey! I finally solved the mystery of the tree droppings at Naples restaurant. It was an olive tree. I finally remembered to notice when we walked by. Kinda hard to see cause they have big Disney fences all around the place right now. Some kind of major refurb.

Wow, these are both pretty amazing!

Thank you.

Hey, sounds like my basement! I can almost walk around down there.

I can now officially walk around
a very tiny area.

So... progress...

Honestly? At the risk of getting flamed, I prefer none. Not because they aren't fun, and I get the desire to have a hook to keep people around/interested. It's mostly a time thing for me. I used to have more time on the DIS, but now I can only check in once every couple of days. So I feel like I'm barely keeping up to read my friends' TR's and comment on them. Having to go back and hunt for stuff takes a lot of time that I often feel like I don't have. I actually used to run contests in my own TR's but also gave them up due to the time-suck aspect.

Definitely a time-suck.
Huge, in fact.

That sounds like quite a job!

Was.... still is!

So the first floor collapsed onto the basement, pancaking it? Problem solved! No more basement to clean up!

I wish it was that easy!

What? Did one of your daughters get trapped in there? Or the dogs????

Dog.
At least I keep hearing barking
coming from somewhere down there.

I throw food in that direction,
so it's all good.

Isn't that always the case?

I'm sure you know exactly
what I'm talking about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter