Canadian Discount ticket expiration

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
With all the changes that are going on at Disney I have been reading up on what is happening with tickets. Over on the Theme parks thread people are posting that the expiration of their ticket have been extended to Sept 26, 2021. The tickets now appear in their MDE as 502351

I was just looking at my Canadian discount (Airmiles) tickets in my MDE and it is similar to this one but the Valid dates end Dec 31, 2030 and my tickets are for 5 days.

Do you think this may mean that our Canadian Discount tickets will be good until 2030? Or is this just another glitch in the IT programming that hasn't been addressed yet?

I had the same question that I posted a while back, in another thread. Our 7 day Cdn discounted air miles tickets linked in MDE, also show expiry dates of December 31, 2030. Hope it’s true...

My airmiles passes I bought years ago show a 2030 expiration as well. The Canadian discount tickets we bought earlier this year have the 2021 expiration. I’m almost tempted to save my 2030 ones as I am sure we will go one more time by then.

I bought the Canadian discount tickets in January from Disney directly for my December 2020 trip (which I cancelled a couple of weeks ago) and before this it used to say on the display that "First use must be on or before December 31, 2020" and now that doesn't appear anymore instead I just see (same on the mobile web version and the mobile app version also only shows the 2030 expiry):
I called and they said they didn't see any first use by date on them where they normally see that and they just saw the 2030 expiry. So I wonder if how you bought makes a difference in the dates you see --- purchased through a 3rd party like Air Miles versus through Disney as a part of a package or through Disney as a ticket only purchase or maybe as part of RO with tickets booking.... may have been treated differently.

Yes I have 2 AM flexible date Canadian Resident tickets that now say valid Oct. 19, 2019-Dec 31, 2030.
I also have 2 of the original Air Miles Can Res non expiry tickets with state Canadian Res Certifiicate Valid 03/09/2017-12/31/2030.

I really hope the flexible date tickets don't expire until 2030. Sure would make waiting to book another trip a lot easier. I know they retain their value, but if we didn't have the ability to book park days or maybe fast passes if they return, then that would be very disappointing.

I'd call but I think wait times are crazy right now.

I bought direct from Disney. Mine have been changed to "valid 08/17/2020 (what was to be our original date boooo) - 09/26/2021. I'm hoping this means they will be good for when we rebooked for next summer
I felt like I got so many good deals for this years trip, and it's gone and next year is gonna be such high prices. It would be nice to not just have a credit towards a new ticket but to actually be able to use the ticket we bought.

I sent an email to ticketing, and here is the response I got.

Please note that your 7-Day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Plus Option - Canada Resident Certificates have been modified to expire on 12/31/2030, which may be seen in your My Disney Experience account. If you are unable to utilize your tickets prior to their new expiration, we may be able to apply the price paid for a completely unused ticket towards a new Disney Theme Park Ticket in the future, subject to restrictions.

I filed it away for safekeeping, because I am still not sure it accurate.

Aren't you smart to email. I wasn't going to call because I heard the wait times were long. Figured I would just wait a month or two for things to settle down (afterall, we're not going anywhere anytime soon)

I went ahead and cancelled my room only reservation for November yesterday. I won't be going back to Disney until post Covid normality has returned. I resigned myself to losing the value of my Airmiles flights (although I may argue that down the road with them)

I am glad that it looks like I won't have to jump through hoops with my tickets when I do get back to use them.

In our party - we have different tickets that we bought directly from Disney, for WDW - The Canadian residents ones - A mixture of 8, 7 and 5 day. They all have a new expiry date of Sept.26, 2021. I wonder why everyone has different expiry dates?? I would love for mine to expire in 2030! We cancelled our Dec.2020 trip and are planning for Dec. 2021, but with tickets expiring in Sept. we will have to pay the difference for new tickets. Kind of a bummer....but going this year was not an option at all!!

In our party - we have different tickets that we bought directly from Disney, for WDW - The Canadian residents ones - A mixture of 8, 7 and 5 day. They all have a new expiry date of Sept.26, 2021. I wonder why everyone has different expiry dates?? I would love for mine to expire in 2030! We cancelled our Dec.2020 trip and are planning for Dec. 2021, but with tickets expiring in Sept. we will have to pay the difference for new tickets. Kind of a bummer....but going this year was not an option at all!!
Are your tickets date specific or flexible dates? It seems the ones that had a specific date have ALL be given the Sept 26, 2021 date and the flexible dated CDN tickets got the 2030 date.

I called them a few weeks ago because of the cad discount tickets we have still had the sept 2020 expiry date on them wondering what would happen if we couldn’t make the trip end of Aug. They told me the expiry would be changing to sept 2021 and if we still couldnt make it by then they would become a credit. My daughter will be 10 by then so technically an adult but they said they would still honour her as a 9 year old until the 2021 expiry. Our tickets were not flexible date tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter