Canadian Disney Gift cards now work at the Park

stfxkid

Mouseketeer
I was at the Disney Store at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton. I was surprised to find out from a CM that their Gift Cards now work at Walt Disney World. She said that this is very new.

The card has a Maple leaf on the back (top left corner), on the bottom it lists all the venues it works at: Disney Store, Disney Store.com, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise Line.

I bought a card and loaded $200 CDN on it.
When I checked it on https://www.disneygiftcard.com it appeared to have converted it into US Funds ($148.17).

Last edited:
Say what?!?!? Well that will make things easier for me since I wanted to put the majority of our money for food and souvenirs on a card before we go.

That would be so amazing. I am traveling next year with my 3 adult boys and I told them I would pay for a certain amount of the daily food intake. If I can set up cards ahead of time with what I'm paying for they can spend away and then the rest comes out of their pocket.

I am heading to the world in two weeks. I may pop down to our local Disney Store and pick on up to try out. If I do I'll report back on how it went. The exchange rate the OP got is certainly better than what the bank is willing to give me at the moment and I do need a few more US funds.

Question is. Can this same card be used in Canada for Canadian $ purchases or is it only for use in the State in US$? Can we make Cdn and US purchases with the same card?

Tried it out to day, it convertes to US funds as it is used, ballance remains in Canadian. Can be used in both cdn and us. Calling the number on the card gives the CDN ballence disneygiftcard.com showed the US equivelent.

When using to pay for part of my trip it didn't seem to go in, but it went through no problem when I called in and spoke to a CM.

Dosn't solve the problem of a fluctuating dollar but maybe if you transfer it to a US GC then it would lock it in.

Last edited:
This sounds like fantastic News, I much prefer to not have to convert monies at the Airport/Bank and carry around an bunch of cash.

Woooahhh! That is beyond awesome! Come on, somebody get on down there to see if the do work in the parks!

Why not just buy e gift cards online? We just did that for our trip last week and the funds were in US dollars. Much less confusing.

What if you lose the card? Does it have a PIN code on it when you use it? I would worry about loading $1000 on it and losing it.

I was at the Disney Store at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton. I was surprised to find out from a CM that their Gift Cards now work at Walt Disney World. She said that this is very new.

The card has a Maple leaf on the back (top left corner), on the bottom it lists all the venues it works at: Disney Store, Disney Store.com, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise Line.

I bought a card and loaded $200 CDN on it.
When I checked it on https://www.disneygiftcard.com it appeared to have converted it into US Funds ($148.17).
Would the exchange be 1.349? or very close to it?

We are going at Christmas and I am planning to get the kids gift cards to use down there. How do you reload them? Thanks!

I may join this party. I'm thinking getting a GC and then periodically adding money to it. Square One is my Disney store and I don't get there that often but when I do I could just add $50-100 to the card.

The exchange rate Disney does is horrific. Just be aware of that before you go hog wild on this idea. Personally I find it easier to open a US bank account in the US (I did it through TD, but most banks can do this), then transfer money over on every paycheck.

Why not just buy e gift cards online? We just did that for our trip last week and the funds were in US dollars. Much less confusing.

Not sure if things have changed but I know last year Disney GC purchased online would not ship to Canada. Hopefully that has changed too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter