Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Really? Thank you. I will have to check again. I may go for a re-loadable one once we arrive at MCO or on resort property so we don't have to deal with the ridiculous exchange rate.

I'm in Nova Scotia too and I've been getting mine at Walmarts in $25 and $50 denominations.

Really? Thank you. I will have to check again. I may go for a re-loadable one once we arrive at MCO or on resort property so we don't have to deal with the ridiculous exchange rate.
No problem, last walmart I got one in Nb was one in Moncton, over by Bass Pro

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this before but I used my Wal-Mart rewards from my Mastercard to pay for a Disney gift card!!! $50 card only cost me $20 since I had $30 in rewards

Can you use Disney gift cards purchased at Sobeys, Shoppers etc. to pay off the balance of a Disney vacation package booked through the Disney site?

Can you use Disney gift cards purchased at Sobeys, Shoppers etc. to pay off the balance of a Disney vacation package booked through the Disney site?

Yes provided you booked yourself. If you used a TA you will need to provide it to them to do for you.

Just looking for a current update on GC's. So I can combine CAN gift cards online but they stay in CAN dollars. Is that correct?

I have hit another snag....I bought a Disney gift card at Metro and registered it online. It shows the correct balance on the card. However, when I go to apply it to my Disney account, it says that it cannot be processed. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Any advice??

I haven’t I would call

QUOTE="miccolt, post: 60629204, member: 631813"]I have hit another snag....I bought a Disney gift card at Metro and registered it online. It shows the correct balance on the card. However, when I go to apply it to my Disney account, it says that it cannot be processed. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Any advice??[/QUOTE]

I haven’t I would call

QUOTE="miccolt, post: 60629204, member: 631813"]I have hit another snag....I bought a Disney gift card at Metro and registered it online. It shows the correct balance on the card. However, when I go to apply it to my Disney account, it says that it cannot be processed. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Any advice??
[/QUOTE]
Did you wait 24 hours, every time I buy one I am told I need to wait 24 hours until it came be used.

I bought one at Rexall this morning and was able to use it right away. They do say to wait 24 hours but I never do. I had no problems adding it to pay down my Disney package.

If you have problems I'd suggest calling.

Did you wait 24 hours, every time I buy one I am told I need to wait 24 hours until it came be used.[/QUOTE]
That definitely wasn’t the case for me! I was prepaying a room only reservation over the phone and I tried to use a prepaid visa but I was having issues so I had DH run to shoppers to buy a Disney gift card with the visa instead and I immediately called it in and paid it off.

I wish we could buy bigger denominations in NS!
The largest is $50....there are very rare sighting of the loadable cards but that was a while back so my feeling is that they are no longer available.

It's a very simple process to combine the lower denominations on to one card.

The largest is $50....there are very rare sighting of the loadable cards but that was a while back so my feeling is that they are no longer available.

It's a very simple process to combine the lower denominations on to one card.
I bought a loadable one this weekend, load between $25-$500. I put $150 on it, it is a gift. That was at Rexall. I also saw them at Shoppers but decided to wait and purchase one at my last stop which was the Rexall. There still around at lots of places.

I bought a loadable one this weekend, load between $25-$500. I put $150 on it, it is a gift. That was at Rexall. I also saw them at Shoppers but decided to wait and purchase one at my last stop which was the Rexall. There still around at lots of places.
Good to know. Every time I'm in the store I look for those and haven't seen any since before Christmas. I check at Rexall, Sobeys, Walmart, Shoppers and RCSS.

I've seen the loadable ones at Canadian Tire too.

Has anyone ever "filled" a card to the max? Wondering how that works. I've been slowly buying cards in small denominations but added up our cruise excursions and want to take a lot more $$$. Does the card take up to a certain amount and then the rest stays on the original card? I know there's a max but with the CAD and USD not sure how it will happen...

I saw $100 ones at Petro and here in ON we have the variable amounts ones a Sobeys/Foodland and Metro. My $50 one from Walmart didn't want to work online (i think it's the site) so I called Disney and had them apply it to my reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter