canadian park tickets... need a few answers please

jltdone

Mouseketeer
Im trying to buy the tickets online but its not letting me. Do you have to call in the order?
On my reservation I am on a DVC renting ( Im not DVC ) so I have a reservation number and everything is in my name, the only thing is that 2 families are going. our family and another family. Can we buy our park tickets separate and then link them together some how?
Will the tickets be on our magic bands and when we get to the gate so our I.D. to prove we are Canadian.
Thanks for all the help.

I'm not sure why it's not letting you buy the tickets online... could be a website glitch or that you're trying to buy them from an out-of-the-country IP address...

The abdolute easiest thing to do is call Disney and buy them over the phone. That's what I did when I couldn't buy my parents' FL Resident tickets from my computer in Canada.

You can totally buy tickets separately online and then link them to your reservation afterwards. That is what I did recently for my upcoming trip. Once you link them to your account they will be on your magic bands.

I am not able to buy tickets on line, once I get to the shipping it only offers " WILL CALL" when then send a conf number is that how I link them to my account.
There is 5 of us going 2 families can I buy 3 today and then buy another 2 tomorrow and then link them to the other people, so they can use there visa.

I am surprised that you cannot buy the tickets. I recently just bought the Annual Pass online (I’m a DVC member). I have bought tickets online in the past using either credit card or Visa debit; so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t let you buy them. You definitely will have to call them directly as the offer specifically states that you cannot take advantage of the Canadian Resident offer at the ticket booth at the parks or resorts. The “will call” only means that you pick up your tickets after you provide proof of Canadian Residence and then the tickets get activated for use as they expire 14 days after first use. When you call make sure they link your tickets to your MDE account so you will be able to make your fast passes selections when the time comes. Hope this helps and have a great vacation.

I ordered my tickets on line without any problem and linked them to MDE. They went on MDE and then I was able to go on my MDE and assign the other ticket to my daughter who is linked to my acct thru Family & Friends.
When you arrive at wdw just go to any Guest Relations window with your ID and voucher or show the ticket on your phone and they’ll issue you a hard ticket.

thank you for the help I have no idea what the problem was. today it allowed to buy them and use a gift card plus my visa and they got linked to my Disney app.

I'm going to be purchasing my tickets today (before the increase), but was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have.

I am trying to purchase 5 day hoppers for DLR on disneyland.com and use my US credit card for payment (it's linked to our US address). It's not working. Apparently, they need to be purchased with a Canadian credit card (linked to a Canadian address). Does anyone know how to get around this? I asked about purchasing gift cards and apparently, that doesn't work either.

I'm going to be purchasing my tickets today (before the increase), but was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have.

I am trying to purchase 5 day hoppers for DLR on disneyland.com and use my US credit card for payment (it's linked to our US address). It's not working. Apparently, they need to be purchased with a Canadian credit card (linked to a Canadian address). Does anyone know how to get around this? I asked about purchasing gift cards and apparently, that doesn't work either.

I would call.

I did. They said it couldn't be done.

Get it sorted out? DL tickets are available until the end of the month at least.

There's a long thread on RFD in regards to these tickets including many people using disney gift cards to purchase these tickets online. That's probably the easiest way to work around exchange rates + CC conversion fees.

Get it sorted out? DL tickets are available until the end of the month at least.

There's a long thread on RFD in regards to these tickets including many people using disney gift cards to purchase these tickets online. That's probably the easiest way to work around exchange rates + CC conversion fees.

Can you send me a link to the RFD forum @jacksdadcan? I asked a supervisor CM via the phone if I could purchase the DLR tickets via gift cards...she said it wouldn't work. She said that there needs to be a Canadian address linked to the purchase (which gift cards don't have). But if others have had success with this, I'd be really interested to hear about it.

Can you send me a link to the RFD forum @jacksdadcan? I asked a supervisor CM via the phone if I could purchase the DLR tickets via gift cards...she said it wouldn't work. She said that there needs to be a Canadian address linked to the purchase (which gift cards don't have). But if others have had success with this, I'd be really interested to hear about it.

What if you used a credit card linked to a Canadian address for like $1 and the rest via gift card to avoid the exchange fee?

What if you used a credit card linked to a Canadian address for like $1 and the rest via gift card to avoid the exchange fee?
I asked...sounds like you can't apply gift cards at all to the Canadian Discounted tickets for DLR. She wanted me to check...but I will only purchase a gift card if I know it will apply to the tickets. Ugh...

Last edited:

Sent link via message!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!