Canadian Resident Ticket Sale Date

JEakins

Earning My Ears
We just got back from our first trip as adults, just a quick 3 days in the middle of another vacation. We're already wanting to plan a trip to go back early next year.

Does Disney do the Canadian Resident tickets every year? If so is there an approximate usual time for this promo?

No, they did it last year because of our dollar and guess they knew that they had to entice us. HA. I would love to get some of the deals that the UK get.

No, they did it last year because of our dollar and guess they knew that they had to entice us. HA. I would love to get some of the deals that the UK get.
Dang! Guess I just got lucky this year. Although with the CAD not doing so hot hopefully they will consider doing it again.

Dang! Guess I just got lucky this year. Although with the CAD not doing so hot hopefully they will consider doing it again.
Well, so far they’ve offered it twice. If Loonie continues to be low next year hopefully we’ll get another offer. It would be really nice if a Canadian Resort Discount was included too!

They do offer Canadian allocations of discounts. When Disney releases the American discounts there is usually an allocation of the discount just for Canadians. I've seen it many times that as a Canadian I could still get a discount that I've seen on here is unavailable. Or it wasn't available when I wasn't signed in, but became available once I was signed in. Also look at Free Dining, Canadians get another like 3 weeks of availability.

They do offer Canadian allocations of discounts. When Disney releases the American discounts there is usually an allocation of the discount just for Canadians. I've seen it many times that as a Canadian I could still get a discount that I've seen on here is unavailable. Or it wasn't available when I wasn't signed in, but became available once I was signed in. Also look at Free Dining, Canadians get another like 3 weeks of availability.
Yes,we do get the same discounts as US, but I was hoping they would add a larger discount for us, similar to park tix, to make it more at par! Dreaming! :D

Those non-expiring Canadian tickets were an amazing deal! We ended up purchasing 4 sets of the tickets. We've already used up 1 set, and have 3 more sets of tickets in the safety deposit box at the bank, just waiting for future trips! (... and No, we're not interested in selling any of them :) )

Those non-expiring Canadian tickets were an amazing deal! We ended up purchasing 4 sets of the tickets. We've already used up 1 set, and have 3 more sets of tickets in the safety deposit box at the bank, just waiting for future trips! (... and No, we're not interested in selling any of them :) )

How did you get physical tickets? Ours are attached to MDE but I'd prefer to have actual tickets.

Those were before we started looking at Disney I believe. What was the discount on them? Better than the 20%?

How did you get physical tickets? Ours are attached to MDE but I'd prefer to have actual tickets.

At the time of purchase, you can choose the option of having them send the tickets to you. I think it cost about $25 to do so.

When we ordered our non-expiring tickets, we called in the order - we didn't do it online. They sent us some cards via UPS courier - they were green in colour that we could exchange for real tickets (cards) at guest services. They didn't charge us anything for shipping when we ordered them over the phone. (Online wanted to charge...) The cards are plastic cards with unique numbers on the back sides of them. We can link those numbers to our Disney Resort reservation so that we can make fast passes.

I got green cardboard tickets/cards when I ordered my tickets from AM in 2016. I still haven't linked them to MDE and they are hidden until I decide to use them since they have the 2030 expiry date.

We just got back from our first trip as adults, just a quick 3 days in the middle of another vacation. We're already wanting to plan a trip to go back early next year.

Does Disney do the Canadian Resident tickets every year? If so is there an approximate usual time for this promo?

This was the second year for the discount (2016, 2017 fall release dates). My money is on them doing it again this year. Likely late fall. ,

We still have one set of non expiring tickets but I hope they go on sale again this year. Trying to decide timing of our next trip. I had wanted to go next year for July 4th but now that SW Galaxy's Edge won't be open until late Fall, it might have to be another Xmas trip.

Planning on using our set that expires in 2030 for our trip in December but if they have another sale like the two last years, I will probably buy adult tickets and keep my 2030 tickets for a future trip!

I have 1 non exp ticket left! But I didn’t know there was an option for them to send ticket. Mine is on MDE. So when I go first stop is guest service to make sure correct ticket is being used for entry. Not my non exp ticket.

I have 1 non exp ticket left! But I didn’t know there was an option for them to send ticket. Mine is on MDE. So when I go first stop is guest service to make sure correct ticket is being used for entry. Not my non exp ticket.

It's not actually a ticket. It's a voucher card and you still need to show your passport to activate them. Ours are linked to our account and when we last used discounted tickets they didn't want to see any physical proof of the purchase. They just double checked which tickets we wanted to activate, looked at the passports and that was it. Took all of maybe 90 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter