Canadian Resident Tickets are back!

If you were to have a package booked with dates for before the expiry date, would you theoretically be able to move the dates of the trip to beyond the expiry date of fall 2019 and not have to pay the difference in ticket price??

Why not just buy the regular tickets if you plan on going after the Canadian ticket deal tickets expire? That’s the price you will have to pay to upgrade to anyways.

Why not just buy the regular tickets if you plan on going after the Canadian ticket deal tickets expire? That’s the price you will have to pay to upgrade to anyways.
Ya, that is the predicament. I know that ticket prices will go up when SWGE opens and as they continue to do, so its kind of a last ditch effort to save money on tickets. I was given the impression from someone else that it might be possible, so I came here to see if anyone else thought it might be possible.

Purchased a 5 day ticket with a discounted room. The ticket is showing on MDE on the app but is showing 0 theme park days remaining.

Purchased a 5 day ticket with a discounted room. The ticket is showing on MDE on the app but is showing 0 theme park days remaining.

We did the same and as you mentioned they are all showing correctly on MDE. Where do you see the days remaining? All ours say at the bottom is the expiry date, which is the last day of our trip.

We did the same and as you mentioned they are all showing correctly on MDE. Where do you see the days remaining? All ours say at the bottom is the expiry date, which is the last day of our trip.

bottom left "0 theme park days remaining"
bottom right "valid through 99/99/99 (last day of our trip same as you

Has this on phone but if viewing on tablet does not show days remaining. ????

Last edited:
Hi all! I have a quick question. We all know that Disney's ticketing system is changing on Oct. 16th. Do you think these Canadian discounted tickets are 'safe' from this change until March? What I mean is, is there any urgency to buy these tickets before Oct. 16th or are we okay to wait? TIA!

bottom left "0 theme park days remaining"
bottom right "valid through 99/99/99 (last day of our trip same as you

Has this on phone but if viewing on tablet does not show days remaining. ????

My guess is another round of Disney IT weirdness. We had a couple of tickets (the ones from the first year of the offer that are good until 2031) actually disappear on us a few weeks ago. Maybe try logging out, restarting your phone, and signing in again and see if that helps? Should it persist and you want peace of mind, give them a call.

Last edited:
Hi all! I have a quick question. We all know that Disney's ticketing system is changing on Oct. 16th. Do you think these Canadian discounted tickets are 'safe' from this change until March? What I mean is, is there any urgency to buy these tickets before Oct. 16th or are we okay to wait? TIA!
My thoughts only, take them with a grain of salt, are that Disney would be hard pressed to change the terms of this offer mid-stream since i would imagine that there are LOTS of screenshots floating around with the exact details. Nowhere in any of them have i seen the pesky wording "offer to change at our whim without notice". I suggest you take screenshots & keep good records if you need to chase this down. The original offer was for non-expiring tickets and they honoured those terms even though other tickets sold at that time were the first batch that came with expiration dates.

Reactions: CJK
As far as Disney changing things mid-stream goes, they technically reserve the right to change any pricing anytime. This includes room reservations and packages that we have booked. I've never heard of them doing this but the only way to "guarantee" your price is to pay it off in full.

Last edited:
Is it absolutely necessary to go to Disney Springs to prove you are a Canadian resident? The app shows my tickets as Canadian Ticket Package.

You don’t have to go to Disney Springs but you do need to validate your tickets with a passport before you can enter. You can do it at any of the parks.

Do we have confirmation about validating these park tickets if they're booked in a Magic Your Way package? If you booked in a package, do you still have to validate your tickets at guest relations?

I pulled the trigger. I bought our tickets for Spring Break next year. I thought about waiting to see how the new system works out, but I doubt the price would be any better than the Cdn tickets and I doubt they'll go lower for the Cdn deal. $316 for a 4 day is a good deal.

I got my tickets through CAA. It was $1310 instead of $1346 for the basic 4 day for 4 people. Not much savings, but not bad, either.

They convert and charge you in Cdn, but I think (???) I got a good rate. The USD for that purchase should be 336.54*4=1346.16 In Cdn, that came out to 1741.24. Then they took an additional member discount of 54.24. So my math (too many years of not doing math, so not 100%) says that gives me an exchange rate of 77.31

So I'm thinking of joining CAA to get this deal (don't have the Home Trust Visa that is 0% foreign transaction fee yet). Will CAA just sell the tickets to me and can I link them in MDE - or will they want to organize the entire trip?

CAA just sells the tickets. You don't go to the travel agency, just where you get maps. But they will also sell to non-members, you just don't get that extra discount. And if you know someone that has a membership, it's not like they assign your name to the tickets. You just buy them and they give you the e-ticket that you add to your MDE account.

CAA just sells the tickets. You don't go to the travel agency, just where you get maps. But they will also sell to non-members, you just don't get that extra discount. And if you know someone that has a membership, it's not like they assign your name to the tickets. You just buy them and they give you the e-ticket that you add to your MDE account.
Yeah! Thanks very much.

CAA is not equal across the country. The CAA Ottawa office didn't have additional discount that the CAA Southern Ontario office offers. CAA Ottawa is charging the Disneyworld.disney.go.com price for Cdn Residents - $336.54 USD (incl tax) for the 4 day Base ticket.

CAA is not equal across the country. The CAA Ottawa office didn't have additional discount that the CAA Southern Ontario office offers. CAA Ottawa is charging the Disneyworld.disney.go.com price for Cdn Residents - $336.54 USD (incl tax) for the 4 day Base ticket.
Ah, well, then why waste a trip to their offices.

Ah, well, then why waste a trip to their offices.
I've bought them from CAA before because i don't need to pay the foreign transaction fee on my credit card. I'm paying in CDN funds (exchange rate charged of course) on my CDN credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!