Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Just wondering if photocopies of our passports will do... I hate the idea of having to carry our passports around all day --- really don't want to accidentally lose them. If we do require the physical passport does everyone have to be there? If I have all the passport documents with me (and they are assigned to the person identified in MDE) will they let one person activate all the tickets?

Just wondering if photocopies of our passports will do... I hate the idea of having to carry our passports around all day --- really don't want to accidentally lose them. If we do require the physical passport does everyone have to be there? If I have all the passport documents with me (and they are assigned to the person identified in MDE) will they let one person activate all the tickets?
Don't know! But what we are doing is after we get in, our flight gets into mco at 4:30, is go to Disney Springs customer service to redeem our tickets so I'm ready for the next day at the parks and don't have to carry passport around the park all day.
If you are going to a park arrival day, you can rent a locker to keep passport in.

Don't know! But what we are doing is after we get in, our flight gets into mco at 4:30, is go to Disney Springs customer service to redeem our tickets so I'm ready for the next day at the parks and don't have to carry passport around the park all day.
If you are going to a park arrival day, you can rent a locker to keep passport in.

Thanks. It's great that they offered the deal for Canadians (since our dollar isn't great right now) so whatever rules for activation are fine.

We usually stay at BC so I may just wander over to the international gateway with all of our passports while the rest of the party goes to the pool on the first night. We usually stay close to the resort for the first night --- a bit of swimming, dinner at Yachtsman, watch the movie on the beach and then enjoy the fireworks from Epcot and DHS from the bridge or beach. Our first park day is usually rope drop at MK and I'm pretty sure if I have to drag everyone over there early to guest services to activate it may set the day off on the wrong foot. We don't usually take any bags/purses with us so carrying the passports wouldn't be great.

We usually stay at BC so I may just wander over to the international gateway with all of our passports while the rest of the party goes to the pool on the first night.

When I activated my annual passes last year, everyone had to be present with their own ID. One person couldn't do it for everyone.

But isn't that because they take your picture for the AP?
You don't have to get your picture taken to have an annual pass. I wonder if that will change in the future? Seems strange that it's not necessary already.

Hasn't this Canadian Ticket Offer ended May 20th? We just booked a resort for August under the summer magical escape offer, and when we added the tickets they show up as "Canadian offer 25% off". Even when we added dining, total package price came to less than we paid for our free dining pkg in 2015. But the CAD. tickets only show up when we price out the rooms under the summer room discount offer.
25% off room, 25% off dining and it seems to be by far best deal.
I thought the ticket offer was done which is why I'm surprised to see it show up.

Hasn't this Canadian Ticket Offer ended May 20th? We just booked a resort for August under the summer magical escape offer, and when we added the tickets they show up as "Canadian offer 25% off". Even when we added dining, total package price came to less than we paid for our free dining pkg in 2015. But the CAD. tickets only show up when we price out the rooms under the summer room discount offer.
25% off room, 25% off dining and it seems to be by far best deal.
I thought the ticket offer was done which is why I'm surprised to see it show up.
Sorry gave the wrong info - the discounted CAD. offer tickets are only available if you choose the "summertime room discount", not the magical escape offer.

We just returned home this week from our trip. We went to DS the day we arrived, with our passports. My husband and kids were inside guest relations also, but they were never at the counter with me when I was getting our tickets activated/exchanged.

We just returned home this week from our trip. We went to DS the day we arrived, with our passports. My husband and kids were inside guest relations also, but they were never at the counter with me when I was getting our tickets activated/exchanged.
Same for us... at Guest Relations in Disney Springs, we were all there but my youngest daughter and I were in the washroom when they called us - my husband took care of it all without us. I'm not sure I would chance making a special trip on your own though, just in case. And I don't think they would accept copies of your passports - pretty sure you'll need the real thing.

Same for us... at Guest Relations in Disney Springs, we were all there but my youngest daughter and I were in the washroom when they called us - my husband took care of it all without us. I'm not sure I would chance making a special trip on your own though, just in case. And I don't think they would accept copies of your passports - pretty sure you'll need the real thing.

Thanks for the info.. Maybe this time we'll change our plan and make our reservation for Yachtsman for a bit earlier then head over to EPCOT for the night.

For someone who has already used the vouchers did the FP and ADRs and Magic bands all link up without a hitch? That is my biggest fear that when I am 60 days out I won't be able to book FP or that they are lost when they try to link everything together

Sorry gave the wrong info - the discounted CAD. offer tickets are only available if you choose the "summertime room discount", not the magical escape offer.
Noticed this today too. I think it is because Disney Travel Co, who sells the packages, purchased tkts un bulk for packages. They obviously still have discounted Canadian tkts available and when purchasing a package, you enjoy the savings.

I'm just debating if I go package or non package for a quick trip in August. Not sure I like the idea of locking in. Room only plus tickets is about $250 usd more but I can cancel five days in advance.

Noticed this today too. I think it is because Disney Travel Co, who sells the packages, purchased tkts un bulk for packages. They obviously still have discounted Canadian tkts available and when purchasing a package, you enjoy the savings.

I'm just debating if I go package or non package for a quick trip in August. Not sure I like the idea of locking in. Room only plus tickets is about $250 usd more but I can cancel five days in advance.

I tought that if you cancel a package after 45 days prior to check-in you loose the 200$ deposit, not the whole a trip... Am I right? If so, even if you still cancel you would still be ahead with the 250$USD saving.

I tought that if you cancel a package after 45 days prior to check-in you loose the 200$ deposit, not the whole a trip... Am I right? If so, even if you still cancel you would still be ahead with the 250$USD saving.
You might be right. I've never done a pkg. is it $200 deposit per person or total?

So we are going in October and staying at the Dolphin. Could I purchase the package and pay for one night at a value hotel plus 4 day canadian hoppers, not show up, and still get the hoppers to use in October?

You might be right. I've never done a pkg. is it $200 deposit per person or total?

Per package and it's 30 days not 45 days. It's only if you cancel less than 2 days prior your expected arrival that you would have to forfeit the full package price.

Source: https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/room_package_terms.htm

Deposit and Payment Procedures
  • For reservations made 31 days or more prior to Guest arrival, a deposit of $200.00 per reservation will be due and must be received by Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc.("Disney") within 3 days of booking the reservation or the reservation will automatically be cancelled. The total price of travel insurance is due at the time insurance is requested. For reservations that include air transportation, the total price of airline tickets may be due at the time of booking. Payment in full is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. 30 days prior to Guest arrival.
  • For reservations made 30 days or less prior to Guest arrival, payment in full is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at time the reservation is made.
  • Payment may be made with a valid credit card. If payment is made by check or money order it should be sent overnight delivery via private courier service (i.e., Federal Express. DHL or UPS) to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., Bank of America Lockbox Services, Lockbox 409668, 6000 Feldwood Road, College Park, GA 30349. The reservation number should be included on the check or money order.
Cancellation Prior to Guest Arrival
  • For cancellations made 31 days or more prior to Guest arrival (30 days or more in 2017), amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
  • For cancellations made 2 days to 30 days prior to Guest arrival (2-29 days in 2017), amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
  • For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to Guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
  • Guest will be responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time.
  • No refunds will be made for early departure from hotel and for unused admission tickets, options or features, including meals. No refunds for airline tickets will be made after travel has commenced or if a flight is missed/delayed. Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 60 days after departure and will be assessed a $25.00 processing fee. Travel documents must be returned to Disney in order to process any refund upon Disney's request.
  • Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the Guest's travel agent if payment was made by the travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refund monies by Guests from their travel agents.

So we are going in October and staying at the Dolphin. Could I purchase the package and pay for one night at a value hotel plus 4 day canadian hoppers, not show up, and still get the hoppers to use in October?
Yes but you would probably have to check in at the resort. Doing so will get you magic bands that you won't get at the Dolphin.

Yes but you would probably have to check in at the resort. Doing so will get you magic bands that you won't get at the Dolphin.

But I will not be in Florida then...my thought is it costs me a room for one night to buy four hoppers at the discounted CDN rate....(I have magicbands from our previous trip)

But I will not be in Florida then...my thought is it costs me a room for one night to buy four hoppers at the discounted CDN rate....(I have magicbands from our previous trip)
Sorry didn't catch the time frame. I don't see how you could book a room to get the tickets without being there. Skipping the front desk at check in isn't an option for international guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!