Canceling one night of DVC trip and fast passes

RKS03

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We have a DVC trip coming up in October and we now think we’ll possibly cut out the first night at the villa and instead stay at Universal Studios to get the free express pass for rides there.

My question is if we book the fast passes and then subsequently cancel that first night of the trip a week or so later, will that impact our fast pass selections? We are not booking fast passes for that first day FYI. I mean would it somehow impact our selections for the other days?

I tried to use the search function before posting but couldn’t find the answer.

Thank you.

The only thing affecting how many days of Fastpasses you can make is how many days of tickets you have

The only thing affecting how many days of Fastpasses you can make is how many days of tickets you have

We have season tickets so that’s not an issue. I was just worried that If I booked fast passes 60 days before we were supposed to arrive and then later cancelled that first day they would cancel our fastpasses since we’re no longer arriving that day.

We have season tickets so that’s not an issue. I was just worried that If I booked fast passes 60 days before we were supposed to arrive and then later cancelled that first day they would cancel our fastpasses since we’re no longer arriving that day.
If the new arrival date is after 60 days away, I can see it affecting your fastpasses. But don't know for sure.

Have had no problem with Fast Passes when I have adjust trips in the past. I think you will be fine!

We have a DVC trip coming up in October and we now think we’ll possibly cut out the first night at the villa and instead stay at Universal Studios to get the free express pass for rides there.

In case you didn't know, the EPs with deluxe hotel are good from checkin until parks close at checkout. So if you have two day tickets you get two days of EPs.

Last edited:
In case you didn't know, you get the EPs are good from checkin until parks close at checkout. So if you have two day tickets you get two days of EPs.
Thanks. I have a season pass. I was just worried that if I booked passes at a day earlier than I other wise could have (if I cancel that night) that my passes would later be cancelled.

I’m not even booking avatar or toy story fast passes this trip so that day probably won’t make a difference but I just don’t want my passes cancelled.

There's almost certainly a FP+ "sticky" thread on the main ThemeParks board that would have the definitive answer to your question.

Thanks. I have a season pass. I was just worried that if I booked passes at a day earlier than I other wise could have (if I cancel that night) that my passes would later be cancelled.

I’m not even booking avatar or toy story fast passes this trip so that day probably won’t make a difference but I just don’t want my passes cancelled.

My last WDW trip we stayed off site for a week with my family and then my husband and I spent 2 nights at Jambo house on our points. We booked fastpasses for our 6 person group for the week before our DVC stay starting on our 60 day window we just had to group everyone so that one of us was always on the fastpasses. Once booked I could adjust the group as a whole but I couldn't just change say my sister's fastpass because she wasn't staying on site until we were 30 days out when the window truly opened for them.

All that is to say that you'll have absolutely no problems whatsoever with your fastpasses if you cancel the first night inside your window. None. I swear. Cross my heart.

My last WDW trip we stayed off site for a week with my family and then my husband and I spent 2 nights at Jambo house on our points. We booked fastpasses for our 6 person group for the week before our DVC stay starting on our 60 day window we just had to group everyone so that one of us was always on the fastpasses. Once booked I could adjust the group as a whole but I couldn't just change say my sister's fastpass because she wasn't staying on site until we were 30 days out when the window truly opened for them.

All that is to say that you'll have absolutely no problems whatsoever with your fastpasses if you cancel the first night inside your window. None. I swear. Cross my heart.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation!

No problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!