Cancellation/Postpone Trip Options?

hawkinsrv

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to plan a trip in April to WDW for me and my dad. My dad got a transplant last year, and so he's on medications that suppress his immune system. We'd probably have to postpone our trip if there were another COVID surge in April like omicron now, because he's just at too much of a risk -- he's been vaccinated and boosted, but didn't develop antibodies.

According to WDW's website, dated tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. I don't see an option for buying undated tickets, or for postponing trips. I've looked into cancel for any reason trip insurance, and it's pretty expensive for only 50-75% cancellation refund. We live out of state and had APs in 2019. We would love to buy APs again to be more flexible with travel dates, but those aren't available for sale right now.

Does anyone know how we could handle this, without being out $1,000-ish on tickets if we have to cancel? Thanks!

I'm trying to plan a trip in April to WDW for me and my dad. My dad got a transplant last year, and so he's on medications that suppress his immune system. We'd probably have to postpone our trip if there were another COVID surge in April like omicron now, because he's just at too much of a risk -- he's been vaccinated and boosted, but didn't develop antibodies.

According to WDW's website, dated tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. I don't see an option for buying undated tickets, or for postponing trips. I've looked into cancel for any reason trip insurance, and it's pretty expensive for only 50-75% cancellation refund. We live out of state and had APs in 2019. We would love to buy APs again to be more flexible with travel dates, but those aren't available for sale right now.

Does anyone know how we could handle this, without being out $1,000-ish on tickets if we have to cancel? Thanks!
it’s true tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, but Disney has been good in the past (even before COVID) with rebooking farther into the future. I don’t think there is any website link; you would need to call and to pay additional fees if the prices are higher.

Yea, I had a extra hours event I purchased at sams club. They were able to change it and charged me the difference, despite supposedly being a hard no modification. They explained to me that as long as you reschedule and pay the difference they don’t have any problems making changes, it’s once you use the word cancel that things start getting bad. However I was on hold for, I think it was, 8 hours or so.

As the pp said Disney is very good at accommodating when needing to change reservations I would call closer to your trip if you do need to postpone. Best of luck to your husband

The tickets don't lose their value, you can change dates (if you know the new ones) or apply the value to the price of a new ticket in the future.

If you book a package it makes it easier, as the tickets are cancelled along with the package. But then you need to know at least 30 days out to cancel without penalty.

The tickets don't lose their value, you can change dates (if you know the new ones) or apply the value to the price of a new ticket in the future.

If you book a package it makes it easier, as the tickets are cancelled along with the package. But then you need to know at least 30 days out to cancel without penalty.

Thank you! I have a ton of hotel points, so we plan to stay offsite. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter