Cancelled ADR no email

Nohal

DIS Veteran
I cancelled an ADR yesterday and didn't receive a confirmation email. It no longer shows on MDE or the app. Should I just assume it was cancelled? WWYD?

I originally posted this under the Dining reservation thread and didn't receive any responses.

I'm sure it's been cancelled if it was there and is now not showing up, but to ease your mind, you could always call to verify.

I don't think emails are that important. I don't always get them when I cancel either over the years. For me, what I trust more than anything else is the Disney website when I log in. It has never let me down. We all know the issues with the phone app for My Disney experience, but the website one has never been wrong - to me, that is the final say and the "reality". If something STILL shows up there, then you know it might not be really cancelled. And indeed there were times when I went through the motions of cancelling but still saw it on the website, so I repeated the function.

I have never been sure if 'My Disney Experience' is the same thing when we're talking about the app on the phone vs the traditional website, any maybe it is, I don't know, but the website came first, so in my head, it's the final say and would have the more accurate information. Even if the website version of it can go down, too, I feel it's more reliable and the "mother" site for everything.

I'm sure it's been cancelled if it was there and is now not showing up, but to ease your mind, you could always call to verify.
That is probably what I would do. I recall reading a post that the reservation was cancelled, the person had the cancellation e mail, and there was a mixup and somehow they were charged.
The person had the confirmation e mail, so it was easily resolved. I would call to double check::yes:: especially since MDE was so quirky over the past month.

That is probably what I would do. I recall reading a post that the reservation was cancelled, the person had the cancellation e mail, and there was a mixup and somehow they were charged.
The person had the confirmation e mail, so it was easily resolved. I would call to double check::yes:: especially since MDE was so quirky over the past month.

I recall that post also, which is the reason I was worried about not receiving a cancellation email. In the past I always got an email for a reservation and a cancellation. I check in tomorrow and my ADR was for Wednesday so I'll check at the desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter