Cancelled Cruises and Refunds

Hi!

Does anyone know if I modify my dates for the cruise I booked using my placeholder, and pick another cruise for a later date, do I get the OBB 10% discount automatically for the new sailing? Also, this can't be done online, right?

Thanks!
Yes you will still get the 10% discount and yes you will need to call, so long as the new sailing is still within the 24-month placeholder window. I just called Friday to move a cruise originally booked for next May to September 2021. I plan to move another when the booking window opens tomorrow morning for the just-released cruises.

Yes you will still get the 10% discount and yes you will need to call, so long as the new sailing is still within the 24-month placeholder window. I just called Friday to move a cruise originally booked for next May to September 2021. I plan to move another when the booking window opens tomorrow morning for the just-released cruises.

Thank you! :)

Our September 18th cruise was just cancelled last week and we got our refund today! Very pleased as we needed that money to book a different type of vacation.
Good to know. I'll decide tomorrow when I see the price of TA. I could use the money for other trips. It's a lot of money to keep tied up so far in advance. I'm not crazy about the European cruise I rebooked for next year. I'm leaning towards cancelling at this point. I'm also thinking there will be lot of deals on all cruise lines once cruising resumes.

I cancelled my cruise last Monday and received most of it today so 7 whole days. I’m will waiting to see $811 of it so hopefully it will come soon. It came in 15 different refunds. LOL. I certainly didn’t make that many payments.

I applied for my daughter's cancelled cruise this past Thursday, my daughter started receiving some of her funds this morning. Only two more payments remain then she will have all of her funds returned. Of course, the two payments remaining are the largest payments she sent in.

I applied for my daughter's cancelled cruise this past Thursday, my daughter started receiving some of her funds this morning. Only two more payments remain then she will have all of her funds returned. Of course, the two payments remaining are the largest payments she sent in.
Good to know. I ended up cancelling my fully paid European cruise on wednesday. I’m hoping to have all the funds back by the end of this week . I’ll wait to rebook a cruise when cruises have actually resumed. I’ve cancelled so many trips I don’t want to be disappointed again. In the meantime I’ll focus on seeing more of this beautiful country. National parks seem to be the thing right now.

Good to know. I ended up cancelling my fully paid European cruise on wednesday. I’m hoping to have all the funds back by the end of this week . I’ll wait to rebook a cruise when cruises have actually resumed. I’ve cancelled so many trips I don’t want to be disappointed again. In the meantime I’ll focus on seeing more of this beautiful country. National parks seem to be the thing right now.

My daughter received the balance of her returned funds this past Saturday, a total of nine days from when I requested her refund.

Just on update for anyone cancelling. I cancelled a fully paid cruise last week on Wednesday late afternoon and had all my money refunded this morning. Just 4 business days which is great. I've heard of some cruise lines taking months.

Just on update for anyone cancelling. I cancelled a fully paid cruise last week on Wednesday late afternoon and had all my money refunded this morning. Just 4 business days which is great. I've heard of some cruise lines taking months.
That is great! 4 months to get a refund for my MSC cruise and that was only because I went through my CC. If it were up to MSC they would still have my money.

there’s actually an extension now. If you move your cruise with a placeholder the placeholder is now being extended to 4/2022. It’s under a new program called flexibility booking (something like that). Most folks are unaware. I booked 2 cruises recently outside their expiration dates and once the placeholders are applied to a cruise, they get a new expiration date. I read 4/2022. Its still a little fuzzy right now, but it worked for me. I have 2 cruises to move and waiting for the next release to move them to spring 2022. I did confirm with my TA that this might be possible unless it changes before then.

there’s actually an extension now. If you move your cruise with a placeholder the placeholder is now being extended to 4/2022. It’s under a new program called flexibility booking (something like that). Most folks are unaware. I booked 2 cruises recently outside their expiration dates and once the placeholders are applied to a cruise, they get a new expiration date. I read 4/2022. Its still a little fuzzy right now, but it worked for me. I have 2 cruises to move and waiting for the next release to move them to spring 2022. I did confirm with my TA that this might be possible unless it changes before then.
Yes, we also did that with a placeholder that was originally going to expire in November 2020. We actually have three cruises b2b2b on the Magic in September 2021, all booked with placeholders. Only the first of these was booked under the flexible booking program. The other two cruises are within the 24 months of the placeholders.

Yes, we also did that with a placeholder that was originally going to expire in November 2020. We actually have three cruises b2b2b on the Magic in September 2021, all booked with placeholders. Only the first of these was booked under the flexible booking program. The other two cruises are within the 24 months of the placeholders.

they make it so hard to find this info out. I wish dcl would be more transparent

I paid in full last week for my Jan 2021 sailing and upgraded my room for a discount. Nice!
Question:
Have people whom did PIF, prior to PIF date (As a platinum or gold member might) received the 125% credit,
if that cruise was canceled BEFORE Disney’s PIF date arrived?

I am considering another upgrade now or at pier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter