Cancelling a hassle?

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I would LOVE to book another trip this year. I would like to book in order to take advantage of the deals until 9/30, but I am anticipating that we MIGHT buy a house this year. I would have to cancel if we did buy this year. How easy is it to cancel? Is there a hassle? You don't lose any of your deposit whatsoever? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had to canel my existing reservations because I was switching over to group reservations. They, for some reason, couldn't transfer the money. So, I had to cancel the regular ressie, get the money back, and then call the group line and re-make the ressies...then I had to cash the check, wait for it to clear and send it back down to the group address.

The easy part was the canceling and getting the money back! I had the check within a week. BUT....you have to check the cancellation policy. Ask on the phone. Read the reservation confirmation to make sure and then call again and re-confirm the deadline for canceling without a penalty.

I didn't have a problem and the refund was fast, so as long as you do it on time, you shouldn't have a problem.

Cancellation policy is 5 days prior if you book through Central Reservations, 21 days through Disney Club and 45 days though Walt Disney Travel Company.

As long as you cancel within 5 days of your scheduled arrival you will recieve a full refund of your deposit. WDTC has a tougher cancelation policy. So definately book CRO- this would be room only! Ren

It depends on who you made your ressies with. If it was CRO, you can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival, with Disney Club, 21 days prior to arrival and with WDTC 45 days prior to arrival. If you made your ressies through another travel agent, you will have check with them to see what the policies are. In any case, as long as you do it within the specified times, you should have no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!