Cancelling a trip?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but I wasn't really sure where to post.
We leave in a few days, and my kids have started a cold. My son has breathing issues, so I'm panicking that we may have to cancel our trip. We booked our tickets through Disney, and we were gifted DVC points by a family member. We are flying in Southwest.
Does anyone have any idea what cancelling due to illness would entail? Am I going to lose all of the money I put out? Has this happened to anyone else?
Looking for any thoughts and advice here because I'm in panic mode.
Thanks!

Tickets are non refundable but good until you activate them by entering a park. The dvc points are nonrefundable. The member would have them go into a holding account. This means they could only be used for trips booked at the sixty day or less point. Sometimes member services will put the points back into the account if there are extenuating circumstances, but this doesn't always happen. Not sure about your air as I'm in Canada.

I wouldn't panic yet. Get your child to the doctor, get him on his puffers, if he uses them and sit tight. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but I wasn't really sure where to post.
We leave in a few days, and my kids have started a cold. My son has breathing issues, so I'm panicking that we may have to cancel our trip. We booked our tickets through Disney, and we were gifted DVC points by a family member. We are flying in Southwest.
Does anyone have any idea what cancelling due to illness would entail? Am I going to lose all of the money I put out? Has this happened to anyone else?
Looking for any thoughts and advice here because I'm in panic mode.
Thanks!

The money you paid for the Southwest tickets could go into a "ticketless" travel account with SW and it can go toward future travel for one year from the date purchased. It happened to us when my husband's appendix ruptured right before a trip. Hope things work out that you can still go!

Southwest seems to be one of the best for ticket issue with rebooking and what not - no fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter