Cancelling BOG Lunch?

kcp6763

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of cancelling our BOG lunch reservation. Are there any other lunch recommendations? QS or even substantial snacks that we could enjoy for lunch. The prices for BOG have gone up since I first booked and I'm having trouble seeing if it's truly worth it. I ate dinner here a few years ago so I've been in the castle already. It will only be me and my fiance. Please help, I can't decide what to do!

Our fall back has always been Golden Oak outpost by the Pirate Adventure, they have some yummy things, not exactly on the same page as you would get at BOG though... chili cheese waffle fries. :D

There's not much variety outside of fried things & hamburgers. I have heard the fried egg rolls are amazing. BOG is unique in it's offerings. I for one would like to see some kind of sandwich shop pop up, that would be awesome.

I liked the fish at Columbia Harbor House. But I do really enjoy the sandwiches at BOG.

Lunch is probably the best meal offered at BOG in terms of price vs quality and quantity of what you get. I would keep it.

We really like the Plaza restaurant for lunch. It is a difficult ADR though.

Somehow I always end up at Cosmic Rays...It's not bad, yet literally every trip except one I've eaten lunch there.

Reactions: Kae
There aren't many places we enjoy eating at MK so of late we take a relaxing but short boat ride over to Geyser Pt. and enter a whole new world of reasonably priced food w/ beautiful and quiet surroundings. We feel refreshed when we return to the park.

Somehow I always end up at Cosmic Rays...It's not bad, yet literally every trip except one I've eaten lunch there.
The last 2 trips we say we are going to try there but never have for one reason or another. I want to try it on one of the 2 days at the MK this Summer. I've heard it was good or ok so we want to decide for ourselves. Hopefully it is good.

Have you thought of ordering kids meals? I ended up ordering that for my lunch last summer when nothing on the adult menu intrigued me and it was more than enough food for me. Prices on kids meals are much more affordable if you are trying to save some money. Columbia House is another great win if you wanted to stay in the park.

If it is just you and your fiance, why not consider hopping on the monorail for lunch at one of their resorts. There are a few QS locations (Captain Cooks at the Poly)---or consider splitting an app. or something at one of the TS locations.

I’ve eaten there several times for lunch and we find the food disgusting. Unless you need to go there I would skip it. Better choices elsewhere

We like Columbia Harbor House. I've heard decent things about Pecos Bill's, but haven't eaten there in years. Honestly, I'd just grab some egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland or take the monorail to Capt Cooks.

Have you thought of ordering kids meals?
This is exactly what we are doing next week. Nothing on the adult menu sounds good to me. My 12 year old niece has never been to WDW and the dinner is not to our liking anymore so we are eating lunch and will all likely just get the kids grilled cheese and soup. It is very reasonably priced and if not enough to carry us through the afternoon, we can always use that as an excuse to get a snack.

We like Columbia Harbor House. I've heard decent things about Pecos Bill's, but haven't eaten there in years. Honestly, I'd just grab some egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland or take the monorail to Capt Cooks.

Pecos Bills is probably entirely new to you by now if you haven't been there in years. I don't know the exact timing but I recall it having more burger type options at some point with maybe some Tex-Mex influence and now it's almost entirely fajitas / nachos / Tex-Mex-style salads, plus still having a Southwest Burger. It's moving with the times, in a good way; can't really get that kind of food in the other parks, except for the less-Tex, more-Mex stuff in Epcot.

Skipper Canteen seems pretty reasonable for a sit-down lunch too and it's not too hard to get a reservation. Some $18-$24 options which isn't bad when a QS lunch at BoG is $15-$16.

I would probably keep BOG. We enjoy their lunch. Dinner was a one and done for us there : ) If not BOG, I would go to Columbia Harbor House.

I second Columbia Harbor House, the lobster roll was quite good and I heard the salmon is also pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter