Cancelling my mid dec. 2 day trip.

Warlock128

Mouseketeer
Yeah i made reservations for the DLR for 2 days and 2 nights and was about to buy 2 premium annual passes for my girlfriend and me, but something came up. she recently had to go to the ER while i was at work, and when i called her as soon as i could i found out she was in the hospital and might have leukemia. Shes young, 21, and they caught it kinda early, i dont know much of the specifics, but she is going under kemotherapy now and i was told by the doctors she has a 80% chance of killing the cancer cells and all that nasty junk, but its going to take 8 months of therapy in the hospital to do it. i hope shes cured, better and healthy, and then she can live her life again and then ill take her for a WEEK in disneyland so she can be happy again :love: im just praying for the best and that the worst case scenario doesnt happen, but if she pulls through, ill be happy, and we will be at disneyland the first month after shes out and healthy again. ima miss all the december events this year, and the pirates stuff they added on potc this year, but ill see the new potc in july i suppose, and enjoy the original haunted house and hopefully see new things if they are put up during that time. , i also have to cancel my reservations i made for dec. 15th and 16th. ill probably pay a fee for doing it so soon to our leave date but i understand that. Heres hoping ill be back at disney sometime next summer. :hourglass

im so sorry but Im very glad the doctors caught it as early as they did...make her some cd's and order a vacation planning dvd so she has something to look forward to once she recovers....god bless and here's some pixiedust: for you

Sending all the best thoughts and prayers your way. Please check back in and let us know how everyone is doing.

:grouphug: Sending all my prayers for successful treatment for your girlfriend. She is in for a rough time, but with the love and support of friends and family she will do just fine. I went through cancer treatment and chemo 4 years ago. My family and friends made all the difference in the world. :grouphug:

Warlock128 said:
i hope shes cured, better and healthy, and then she can live her life again and then ill take her for a WEEK in disneyland so she can be happy again :love: im just praying for the best and that the worst case scenario doesnt happen, but if she pulls through, ill be happy, and we will be at disneyland the first month after shes out and healthy again. Heres hoping ill be back at disney sometime next summer. :hourglass

Keep that trip firmly in your head when the going gets tough.

Prayers and pixie dust to you both. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter