Cancelling my onsite reservation will also cancel my moonlight magic ressie?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
We are making our third trip to Disney this year and booked onsite. I have made all my dining reservations and as well as moonlight reservation. Hubby now wants to go off site for part of trip. Problem is it’s during Moonlight magic. Will this cancel our reservation for moonlight and fast passes cause if so I’m do not want to move off property even if it is for only a few days. Could I remake a moonlight magic reservation if I cancel part of my reservation? Thanks for the information.

FP+ reservations won't cancel if you move off site.

As for the MM reservation, can you hold off on the off site reservation until after the MM event opens for off site reservations? If yes, I'd wait and call MS then, explain and see if they can change your reservation to an off site participant. Last year, off site registration for the MK events lasted a few days (maybe a few weeks) before getting sold out. Not all the parks can handle the big crowds, though, so maybe off site won't have much availability (if any) left..

My guess is that MS will tell you not to worry about it. If so, that's when I'd agree to move off site.

Of course the safe thing to do since these MM reservations have been tough to get for some of the parks, is to stay put and do off site next time.

Good luck!

Last edited:
FP+ reservations won't cancel if you move off site.

As for the MM reservation, can you hold off on the off site reservation until after the MM event opens for off site reservations? If yes, I'd wait and call MS then, explain and see if they can change your reservation to an off site participant. Last year, off site registration for the MK events lasted a few days (maybe a few weeks) before getting sold out. Not all the parks can handle the big crowds, though, so maybe off site won't have much availability (if any) left..

My guess is that MS will tell you not to worry about it. If so, that's when I'd agree to move off site.

Of course the safe thing to do since these MM reservations have been tough to get for some of the parks, is to stay put and do off site next time.

Good luck!
I can wait until off site people can register. I think that’s good advice. I’ll call and see what they say. If I can’t switch then we will stay put on site. Not going to lose this. Thank you

We are making our third trip to Disney this year and booked onsite. I have made all my dining reservations and as well as moonlight reservation. Hubby now wants to go off site for part of trip. Problem is it’s during Moonlight magic. Will this cancel our reservation for moonlight and fast passes cause if so I’m do not want to move off property even if it is for only a few days. Could I remake a moonlight magic reservation if I cancel part of my reservation? Thanks for the information.
It is my understanding that you might lose your Moonlight reservation. Be careful on taking the info from MS as 100%. If you modify your stay you won’t lose the Moonlight reservation. If you cancel it you will. Which means then you have to wait for the website to open up to everyone who wants to do Moonlight. We modified our reservation and relocated to another DVC resort but kept it under the same reservation number. If you get a new reservation number then all things suggest you will be removed from Moonlight.

I think MS will be able to tell me whether I can move my MM reservation to an off site one. I’m not cancelling my entire reservation anyway. Just wanted to change a few days to off site BUT one of those days would be when MM is scheduled. I’m being extra careful even though I’m not sure they would cancel if I just chNged the dates and didn’t call. They don’t cancel your dining or fast passes if you cancel a reservation.

I think MS will be able to tell me whether I can move my MM reservation to an off site one. I’m not cancelling my entire reservation anyway. Just wanted to change a few days to off site BUT one of those days would be when MM is scheduled. I’m being extra careful even though I’m not sure they would cancel if I just chNged the dates and didn’t call. They don’t cancel your dining or fast passes if you cancel a reservation.

Or do they?

I just called today with a similar question. Daughter is a cast member and was able to book discounted room...like 50% off. So I thought, hey we will be onsite and I am on her reservation so why not save our points? I called member services and because the MM dates for AK are now all sold out, if I cancel my DVC reside I would lose my MM.

Yes, it will cancel the MM reservation if you cancel your resort reservation for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!