Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Now that things have settled down a little and opened up a bit more, I've gone back and adjusted my itinerary more to my liking. We'll being sitting in twice this year:

Late Breakfast at Akershus and early show with CCH Pounder 12-23
Early Dinner at Coral Reef and late show with Jaci Velasquez 12-25

Planning is half the fun!

Has anyone been able to get a reservation for 12/30? The only ones available for the whole day are at Restaurant Marrakesh.

Now that things have settled down a little and opened up a bit more, I've gone back and adjusted my itinerary more to my liking. We'll being sitting in twice this year:

Late Breakfast at Akershus and early show with CCH Pounder 12-23
Early Dinner at Coral Reef and late show with Jaci Velasquez 12-25

Planning is half the fun!

yes it is. And we have a late breakfast at the Grill and late show on 25 December too. Not familiar with Velasquez, and it will be our first time seeing the CP.

Hi everyone! Sorry for the stupid questions but this is our first candlelight processional so I'm still learning! :confused3
1. What is included for the 2 dining credits for the package at Chefs de France?
2. Also do you have to order from prix fixe menu? Or can we order anything that's included in our package credits?
3. If my mom and I wanted to split a pizza then get some desserts at Via Napoli for our package reservation, how would that work with the credits? How many credits will it take from each of us? Also will desserts be included?
Thanks for any answers anyone has! :D

Hi everyone! Sorry for the stupid questions but this is our first candlelight processional so I'm still learning! :confused3
1. What is included for the 2 dining credits for the package at Chefs de France?
2. Also do you have to order from prix fixe menu? Or can we order anything that's included in our package credits?
3. If my mom and I wanted to split a pizza then get some desserts at Via Napoli for our package reservation, how would that work with the credits? How many credits will it take from each of us? Also will desserts be included?
Thanks for any answers anyone has! :D
All NON-buffet restaurants include an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink with the CP package. You do not have to order the prix fixe menu, at chefs.
You can't do what you're asking at Via Napoli. You would both choose an app, entree (or individual size pizza), dessert, and beverage.

All NON-buffet restaurants include an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink with the CP package. You do not have to order the prix fixe menu, at chefs.
You can't do what you're asking at Via Napoli. You would both choose an app, entree (or individual size pizza), dessert, and beverage.
Oh I'm happy to hear that you don't have to order off the price fixe menu at Chefs! Exciting!

I have seen a lot of posts saying that you cannot pick your time for the show; well, this is semi-true. You cannot "pick" your time directly, but by choosing your dining time, and following through with the screens, but then choosing to cancel the reservation if you do not like the time, then you can refresh or rerun your search, and you will likely receive a different show time upon selecting the dining time again. I wanted a 6:45 show with my AM breakfast, but it showed an 8pm show, so I canceled the reservation, reran the search, chose the same time and restaurant and it came up with my preferred show time. You may have to do it a couple of times, but you should be able to get the show time you want. It appears the dining times and show times are not connected. Rather, the show time is randomly assigned at the time *you make* your reservation, not based on *the time of* the reservation. Just some info I gathered, if anyone cares to know.

I know Disney hasn't updated anything, but has anyone heard any rumours about who some of the other narrators might be? Anxiously awaiting an announcement for Dec. 11 ...

On another reputable disney forum I saw a rumor post that they have pulled cast members only at Epcot phone lines off for special training about something and some speculation is that they may have someone very popular (rumors of possibly a past president!) being one of the narrators this Christmas and they are expecting very high call volume once it is announced. Again this is a rumor but thought it was interesting. Could also explain why they have held back so many CP dining packages and the move of NPH from his usual spot this year! It was on wdwmagic and the original poster was Len Testa from the unofficial guide to Walt Disney World.

On another reputable disney forum I saw a rumor post that they have pulled cast members only at Epcot phone lines off for special training about something and some speculation is that they may have someone very popular (rumors of possibly a past president!) being one of the narrators this Christmas and they are expecting very high call volume once it is announced. Again this is a rumor but thought it was interesting. Could also explain why they have held back so many CP dining packages and the move of NPH from his usual spot this year! It was on wdwmagic and the original poster was Len Testa from the unofficial guide to Walt Disney World.
Interesting ... although if this is true we would unfortunately miss this former president if he is filling NPH's usually slot :( Would be bummed if this VIP narrator is Obama. We're Canadian, but still love him. Would be disappointed to miss him!

Handful of questions - sorry if answered elsewhere but it is a long thread
1. How long is the show? If I have a 5 PM show time, can I book a dinner for 6:15 or 6:30 ? I know the next show starts at 6:45 and then again at 8:15
2. Any reason to prefer the 5 PM or 6:45 PM or 8:15 PM? If it's candlelight, do I want it to be dark out?
3. If I do the 8:15, what is the impact regarding Illuminations - does it still go off at 9 PM? We will be out in time to see it?
4. Where does the Processional show take place?

Thanks in advance

Handful of questions - sorry if answered elsewhere but it is a long thread
1. How long is the show? If I have a 5 PM show time, can I book a dinner for 6:15 or 6:30 ? I know the next show starts at 6:45 and then again at 8:15
2. Any reason to prefer the 5 PM or 6:45 PM or 8:15 PM? If it's candlelight, do I want it to be dark out?
3. If I do the 8:15, what is the impact regarding Illuminations - does it still go off at 9 PM? We will be out in time to see it?
4. Where does the Processional show take place?

Thanks in advance
1. About 45 minutes. You cannot book a later dinner than your show time (if you are doing the CP package). If you are going to do the standby line, then you could go to the 5 pm show, be out by 6:00 and catch a 6:15 or 6:30 dinner.
2. Reasons for the 5pm show: Kids get pooped out, you plan to do other things (no, it won't be totally dark out). Reasons to do the other shows: It will be darker out.
3. You will be done with the 8:15 show in time to see illuminations. They would not let the schedules overlap, it would interfere with the CP show.
4. American Pavilion.

Thanks for that.

Couple more questions:
If you have the CP package, how early do you need to arrive (i.e. when do they start letting you in)?
If you don't have the CP package, how early do you need to get in line to have a good chance of actually making it in?

Thanks for that.

Couple more questions:
If you have the CP package, how early do you need to arrive (i.e. when do they start letting you in)?
If you don't have the CP package, how early do you need to get in line to have a good chance of actually making it in?

These answers depend on the narrator. Everyone says if it is a really popular narrator that you need to arrive at least an hour early with CP package. These boards have said that Neil Patrick Harris draws a large crowd, and the standby line had people lined up 3 hours prior to the show. This all stems from (A) getting a seat and (B) getting a good seat.

Generally, I would say: (1) With a CP Package and "less" popular narrator, 30 minutes; with a "highly" popular narrator, one hour; (2) Without a CP narrator Package and a less popular narrator, one hour; With a highly popular narrator, 2 hours

They let people in about 15 minutes prior to the start of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter