Candlelight Processional dinner package and special viewing area for Illuminations

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm pondering this right now. I've been to the handicap areas at Epcot for the Illuminations show before and I think the views are just so so.

I'm doing this CP dinner package and since it includes reserved viewing for Illuminations, I'm leaning towards trying this reserved area even if we have two scooters and a wheelchair in our party.

I'm planning to get to the special viewing area for Illuminations early enough to get a front row view with our group. I'm just feeling funny doing this knowing there are areas for the handicap for the show.

What would you do? I feel I have as much right to do this as anyone else, but I'm also feeling like I'm stealing a view for someone else to enjoy when I can still go to the handicap areas.

My opinion is that you're paying for the dinner package, so you should view the show like anyone else would be doing. Enjoy.

There is no law or moral obligation for someone with limited abilities to use places or spaces set aside for such people. For instance, there is no requirement for someone with a handicapped tag or hang tag to park in a space marked in blue. If I wanted to park a great distance from the front door of Wally World, and walk there for the exercise, I would have a perfect right to do so. If I use a cane, crutch, or scooter, that is my business. If you have the ability and the desire to use unmarked facilities, by all means use them. It is to the great credit that the authorities have seen fit to designate space and facilities for those with special needs, else, where would we put or four wheelchairs if everything was regular seating.

I am wondering about the CP itself. We are buying the dinner package, but I know the seats are still first come, first served. We always have a Guest Services card for our girls, who are both legally blind, to sit in the front row of theaters and rides. Do you think this will be a problem to still get a front row seat even if we cannot get to the front of the line? How accommodating are they? Anyone with experience?:confused3

I am going to this dinner package on Dec. 7th. Since we are paying for the 'special viewing' of Illuminations do we have to get to that seating early or is it reserved for us?

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter