• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Candlelight Processional/ECV

bsmcneil

DIS Veteran
I didn't see anything about wheelchairs/ECVs in the Candlelight Processional. Anyone know how this works?

Yes, I attended the processional twice in 2002. They had me park my ECV off to the side where it was waiting when it ended. It was with the strollers. They have handicapped seating in the back also that is really not very far from the stage. It is a small theater so anywhere you sit is pretty good.

Disney has seating areas for w/c's and ecvs.

They had the stage ramped too since several in the choir were in w/cs.
The signing of the Christmas story was beautiful and I really enjoyed it!
We went the nights that Marlee Matlin was the narrator.

Linda

There isn't a separate entrance or waiting area for w/c's or ECV's. You will go through the line with everyone else, then when you get to the entrance someone will direct you to the appropriate seating area. They do ask people who can transfer from an ECV to do so ( and then as was mentioned, the ECV's are parked on the side), leaving the wheelchair spaces/seating open for someone who can't transfer.---Kathy

We went in dec. This time I sat in the wheelchair, they didnt ask me to get out, but I could have if they wanted me to. We were not late at all and the cm told us we got the last wheelchair seating. It started to pour and he did tell us we could not put up our umbrella because it would understandable block peoples view. We got wet in the back a little but it was not too bad. I think the year before we parked the wheelchair outside the entrance and I walked to the seating, that was because we were eating in Germany, this time we were at Garden Grill so I could have never walked that etc. I didnt really stare, but it did look like the handicapped viewing areas were filled up really fast, I dont know how many were alloted etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter