Candlelight Processional Options

mcbutler23

Earning My Ears
Okay I read through the threads after searching and I didn't exactly find what I was looking for. Let me see if I have this straight - you pick a meal (Breakfast, lunch or dinner) and then you pick a showtime. It guarantees you a seat at CP.

1. What meal time do you recommend? Which restaurant? I think most are open with the exception of 3.

2. Do you think this will be too much for a 7 year old? She really enjoys shows and Christmas music. We often watch the Rockettes Christmas show on Netflix around that time of the year.

It's my birthday that day so I wanted to treat myself to something fun and festive. Any other advice that you have?

Well, sort of.

You pick the restaurant and meal time you want, and it will show you a showtime time that goes with that ADR. If you don't like the showtime they give you, you can back out and try again to see if it gives you a different showtime.

As to which restaurant and meal, I would say whichever one fits with your budget and other plans and the type of food you want to eat to celebrate your bday.

Your 7 yr old should be fine.

One technical point: you're not GUARANTEED a seat. If you show up 5 min before the show expecting them to have saved you a seat, you'll be disappointed. You still have to get into the package line about 30 min before your show to get a seat.

We had lunch at the Rose and Crown, and then went to a late afternoon show. I think it may have been 5:00? We still had to wait in line about an hour, because Neil Patrick Harris is a popular narrator. I think your seven-year-old should enjoy it; I know Kid Me would have. It reminded me of a church Christmas pageant on a grand scale.

Last year I had dinner at Coral Reef. I enjoy watching the fish in the big tank. I think the food is good, too.

We love dinner at Chefs for the 8:15 show.
That is exactly what we are doing too. Luckily we got NPH who my kids love! As a PP mentioned you still need to stand in line, they will just let you in before standby up until a certain time.

Hello!!! So we’re in a bit of a pickle here. I waited too long to book the candlelight processional dinner package for one of our Epcot nights, because I was waiting for the announcement of the guest. As it turns out we don’t really know this person so I am hoping to get seating for one of the nights that Gary Senise is presenting instead, and possibly switching up our days or going to Epcot after DHS.
So far I haven’t had any luck. Is this something that we should keep trying for? Meaning do spots open up closer to the date?
This isn’t a must-have and certainly won’t ruin our trip if we don’t get it but it’s a nice-to-have so if there is a chance, I will keep trying.

Hello!!! So we’re in a bit of a pickle here. I waited too long to book the candlelight processional dinner package for one of our Epcot nights, because I was waiting for the announcement of the guest. As it turns out we don’t really know this person so I am hoping to get seating for one of the nights that Gary Senise is presenting instead, and possibly switching up our days or going to Epcot after DHS.
So far I haven’t had any luck. Is this something that we should keep trying for? Meaning do spots open up closer to the date?
This isn’t a must-have and certainly won’t ruin our trip if we don’t get it but it’s a nice-to-have so if there is a chance, I will keep trying.
I'd keep trying, and look at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Though if you are trying to go to HS in the morning I am assuming you want dinner? You may not get the exact showtime or restaurant you want however. Looks like Blair Underwood is before Gary Sinise and Pat Sajak is after. I'd personally be happy seeing either of them. Were you able to get a CP package for the original date you planned to go to Epcot?

That is exactly what we are doing too. Luckily we got NPH who my kids love! As a PP mentioned you still need to stand in line, they will just let you in before standby up until a certain time.

I have not been fortunate enough to see him yet. We get Helen Hunt this year.

We may be weird but we don't line up 30+ minutes in advance. We show up 15/20 minutes prior without any issue. But I don't care about being in the front, or even in the center. I just want a seat ;)

The "reserved" section for dining never filled at our show last year (Jodi Benson) and I watched just to see what they would do with all the empty rows and they never let stand-by access them. There were dining package people coming in right at the very last second.

OP - Your 7 year old will be fine :) I would compare the show to a church service. There is choral music, orchestra, and scripture readings. It's just beautiful and very well done.

Okay I read through the threads after searching and I didn't exactly find what I was looking for. Let me see if I have this straight - you pick a meal (Breakfast, lunch or dinner) and then you pick a showtime. It guarantees you a seat at CP.
The meal time you select dictates the show you get to see. So when i was playing with the times of reservations and shows -- when i picked a 4:15 time it gave me the 6:45 show (which is what i wanted), BUT if i selected 4:30 is bumped me up to 8pm show. I am not sure if you select a certain meal time if you can change the show time. I know they will likely not give you a show which is within 2 hours of your dining reservation.

We are taking our 5 yo daughter. She is very much into music and expect that she will enjoy it.

We are doing Biergarten. Our meal time is about noon and the show time is 8:15 (last show time.)

We chose this because our family has been to Biergarten a few times in the past and really enjoyed it. We love the music and that type of "comfort" (filling) food.

Thanks, everyone! I decided to go with Chefs because Paris is one of my favorite places in the world. I mean it's my birthday after all princess:. We will go to the 6:45 show. We are eating at 3:20 pm, but I figure we will count it as a late lunch and then we can always get snacks later if anyone needs them!

Try looking for the next size table. Example, if you are 4, look for a table of 5. The way the ADR's work, is they don't book until the restaurant is full, rather they book by table size. So a popular size table of 4 may book up while there are tables of 5 that are open. (The reservation system doesn't seat at a table that doesn't exactly match the ARD size.) When you show up for your 4, you won't be charged a "no show" fee for the 5th person. And no, you're not "breaking rules" as this is a flaw in their reservation system.

Thanks, everyone! I decided to go with Chefs because Paris is one of my favorite places in the world. I mean it's my birthday after all princess:. We will go to the 6:45 show. We are eating at 3:20 pm, but I figure we will count it as a late lunch and then we can always get snacks later if anyone needs them!

Their Gruyère macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite dishes at WDW. Last time I was there my friends got annoyed with me, because I was lingering so long over each bite, trying to make it last forever, that I was only half-done with my entrée when they were ready to go!

Another Question: Does anyone know, do the resturants except the Tables in Wonderland discount card for the Candlelight package meal. :rolleyes1:confused::earboy2:

Another Question: Does anyone know, do the resturants except the Tables in Wonderland discount card for the Candlelight package meal. :rolleyes1:confused::earboy2:
No they don’t. However, I have been told that they should accept it for the wine or alcohol you buy with the meal. We have not tried that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!