Candlelight processional Pkg Avail.

mbaker1277

Mouseketeer
I just spoke to the Dining dept. earlier today and they stated that on Monday the 12th of August they will begin selling the dining packages for the Candlelight Processional. I got the info from the head of the group dining dept. , so it seems pretty reliable. Hope this helps!

THANKS FOR THAT UPDATE!!!! Will be dailing the phone on Monday

Thanks. Our only chance to go is the night after Thanksgiving so I will call Monday.:D

Anyone know when the CP speakers will be announed?...we wanted to plan our CP around the speakers. Thanks.

The speakers probably come out at the same time, but the list is not always firm. Every year I have watched the schedule change and some celebrities change. I don't think it gets firm until late October, early November. But that's just my guess.

Are there any discounts for the CP pkg; meaning either DC, AP, DVC? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks for the help :)

Last year I booked the CP when it first became available and they did not have a list of speakers yet. I beleive they came out in late Sepember or October.

We went on November 30th and had Robbie Benson. He was the last one to be announced and I believe that was end of October or early November. I know I was going nuts waiting to see who we had. I really don't think that they have anyone who is terrible though. They usually have the same person for 3 nights, so maybe you can book more than one night, you have 48 hours prior to cancel. I had 2 nights booked because we wanted to see Spectro and unfortunately that was the same night I really wanted to do CP. But we ended up doing it on the day we arrived. If we ever go again at this time of year I will definately do this again.

Good luck with your bookings!

carone0318,

There were not discounts last year from AP or DC. I'm not a DVC member but I do not recall hearing anyone talking about it last year.

You will get to have a discount on merchandise for the same day as your CP for the shops in Epcot.

Thanks for the quick response Gina!

This is an adult's only trip for us, so I do plan to do plenty of shopping in the World, so the shopping discount will be right up my alley.

Again thanks.

There is a rumor on the rumor board that Roy Disney will be one of the CP narrators this year.

Originally posted by mazzarafe

They usually have the same person for 3 nights, so maybe you can book more than one night, you have 48 hours prior to cancel.
Good luck with your bookings!

When you book this do they charge your CC at that time or do you pay on the day of the show? I'm wondering if it works like the dinner shows and Illuminations Cruise.

I was thinking the CC would be charged at the time of booking and they would mail out the tickets for the CP.

Can someone please explain how this works? Thanks

Originally posted by disneyjunkie

When you book this do they charge your CC at that time or do you pay on the day of the show? I'm wondering if it works like the dinner shows and Illuminations Cruise.

I was thinking the CC would be charged at the time of booking and they would mail out the tickets for the CP.

Can someone please explain how this works? Thanks

Last year, your credit card was charged at the time you made the reservation. (There was quite a crush of reservations when the packages first went on sale though, so it did take a while for SOME people's cards to be charged). No tickets were mailed out. You picked up your CP package materials at your on site resort's guest services desk or at specially marked ticket booths in front of the main EPCOT entrance.

I forgot to mention at the beginning of this thread that the reservationist stated that this year, like the previous year, if you buy the dinner package or if you just come in to view the processional, if it is after 4:00 p.m. you will not have to purchase theme park admission! She said that they should have alot of the details on Monday, but like others have said the list of presenters is subject to change.

Wow! I hope that is true! It'll be more cost-effiective to go for the CP dinner package than buying an extra day of hopper for everyone. We can always enjoy Boardwalk and downtown Disney during the day.

Originally posted by mbaker1277
I forgot to mention at the beginning of this thread that the reservationist stated that this year, like the previous year, if you buy the dinner package or if you just come in to view the processional, if it is after 4:00 p.m. you will not have to purchase theme park admission! She said that they should have alot of the details on Monday, but like others have said the list of presenters is subject to change.

But the CP Packages that include after 4 admission cost more than the packages without admission, so park admission isn't really "free", either! LOL! IIRC, the admission is discounted from the "regular" park admission, though. My guess it that is similar to the "After 4" program for Florida residents.

I can't wait to call on Monday and find out if that is correct! (not that I don't believe you!) It will solve my dilemma about which type of ticket to buy. We will be there for 8 days, which is the edge of the sword for cost of AP's or hopper plus. Now I can buy the 7 day hopper, and not worry about the 8th day. Will save me $180. Thank you.

Carol

FYI, I called to make PSs today and asked about CP info. CM looked for a minute and said not available yet but should have info real soon.

The after 4 admission option would really be great for our itinerary--anyone remember how much more they charged for this option back when it was available?

They offered that special package in '97, '98, and '99 - but I'm pretty sure they discontinued it in 2000, and didn't offer it last year, either. At least - they wouldn't sell it to "me." :(

Ever since we bought into DVC in '97 - we would bring some friends/family over for the CP as part of their Christmas present from us - and purchased the package. When they stopped offering it - it became a little expensive to puchase the dinner package AND a 1-day park ticket!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter